Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I dont think either is true. Jeaudy is still a huge quest mark, drops balls, is likely more interested in $$ after a season than a ring so even if it works out who knows if he can be signed.

Theres literally no indication Hop is slowing down, hes not a burner, never has been, his game should age in late career similar to the way Diggs should.

Not to mention Jeudy plays mostly in the slot, Hopkins is outside where we need the depth. W/ Dhop, you go him and Gabe outside, Diggs in slot, and upgrade 2 positions at once.

Jeudy doing that is a lot more murky at being able to do that.  Might just be adding a 4th slot guy at this point lol 

They just dont remotely compare to me

reasonable. just don’t want them to blow draft capital to land another Von ‘22 situation. 

D Hop could be washed up, not just talking speed. He played very physically at his peak.  

Fair that Jeudy might never be. 

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Let's land Hopkins then draft O'Cyrus Torrence in the 1st and LB in the 2nd or Or Trenton Simpson in the 1st and Avila in the 2nd 

Torrance is not a scheme fit. Avila is a better choice.

14 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Funny listening to Schopp and Bulldog now arguing they want this trade (even expect it now) after disagreeing with callers about it less than 2-weeks ago. 

A tale as old as time.  If you pretend you dont want something to happen, then it doesnt happen it cant hurt you.

Personally, I find supermodels personalities to be shallow and uninteresting... Thats why I won't date one

• Haha (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

on the topic of OL, I think our OL is average. Not great, but nowhere near bad. And we picked up a couple decent players to help.

There's maybe 3-4 truly good OL in the entire league. All the super athletic big men want to play DL, where there is money and glory to be had. 

Sure, if you're the best guard in the NFL you can make some bank, but nobody will notice you. 

They notice you, but only when you make a mistake.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Beane appears to be banking on Brown's athleticism and the view that injury set his development back. I hope his optimism is well-founded, but I would protect against it maybe not going that way by drafting a potential RT relatively early (not the first.)

I don’t think that we should draw that conclusion from Beane’s public remarks about Brown.  They can’t afford a good FA T, so no move there, but it is possible that they want to draft one to at least compete with Brown.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Let's land Hopkins then draft O'Cyrus Torrence in the 1st and LB in the 2nd or Or Trenton Simpson in the 1st and Avila in the 2nd 

Draft RT over IOL all day every day.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I don’t think that we should draw that conclusion from Beane’s public remarks about Brown.  They can’t afford a good FA T, so no move there, but it is possible that they want to draft one to at least compete with Brown.  

Sure hope so.  

looking at the additions, I think our IOL has 4 decent lineman for 3 positions.  McGovern, Morse, Bates and now Edwards.  

@ RT we have two pieces of dump

Draft OT priority 1

19 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Beane appears to be banking on Brown's athleticism and the view that injury set his development back. I hope his optimism is well-founded, but I would protect against it maybe not going that way by drafting a potential RT relatively early (not the first.)

I agree. I'm drafting a RT early as insurance against this convoluted theory that Spencer's slow feet was due to the injury. Spencer has always had slow feet.

When this thread was first created in January, I thought it was silly and pointless and a pipe dream.

Now here we sit in March, deep-diving Twitter users' post histories, scouting flight paths, staking out chicken wing restaurants, and rapid pressing the F5 key.

What a world.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I agree. I'm drafting a RT early as insurance against this convoluted theory that Spencer's slow feet was due to the injury. Spencer has always had slow feet.

Is that the equivalent of slow eyes for a qb?

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

https://nfltraderumors.co

clicked on this site looking for some action and it timed out.  In that instant, I convinced myself that the website had been blitzed by Bills mafia trying to confirm that Dhop, had indeed, been traded to the Bills. 

ahhh.  Memories  

Small potatoes. I say we take the whole internet down.

There has been enough talk from legitimate sources... I think we can be comfortable in saying:

- DeAndre Hopkins is being shopped by the Cardinals

- The Bills are one of the teams interested

That doesn't necessarily mean a deal is going to happen.  There are lots of moving pieces.

Probably the biggest is the Bills salary cap situation.  There have to be discussions not only with the Cardinals (about possibly keeping some of the cap hit), but also with Hopkins himself (in terms of a potential contract restructure).  Not to mention the physical/health piece, in terms of Hopkins past MCL injury and last year's drug suspension.

Considering that Brandon Beane is also in the process of watching various Pro Days and finishing up with Free Agency, it's not really surprising news is slow coming out.  Even if a deal does ultimately materialize.

• Like (+1) 5