We're onto Miami(Miami's headed to Buffalo)...opening line BUF -10! Game at 1:05 PM SUN 1/15

Big Turk

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I agree of course, the question (to me) is why do this today, vs waiting until Saturday 4 pm (I believe that’s the deadline)

I dont think it really matters IMO.  Beasley to me was an obvious call up.  All it really says to Miami is... they want Beasley in the line up and to call someone else up.  Having Bease out there is kind of a given. To anyone that paid attention to the Bills.

3 hours ago, Lionel Hutz said:

Bears were leading at halftime. 

ashton-kutcher.gif

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Lionel Hutz said:

The Bills dominated the second half but it wasn't comfortable until that point. I don't get why that is so hard for anyone to understand. 

So like its only comfortable to you if they blow someone out in the first quarter?  Thats pretty damn rare in the NFL this year.  See the Ravens/Miami game.  I bet Ravens felt real comfortable... until the 4th quarter.  There is a reason they play a full game.  What you are looking for isnt happening in the NFL this year.

1 hour ago, Mango said:

What if we dress McK and Beasley, but make Shakir a healthy scratch…

TBH, I’m kind of with the guy who asked “why do we need to dress 6 LB?”

I’d rather see us dress 6 WR

If McKenzie can’t go, call up John Brown and make him active.  If he can go, snip someone off the LB list

I don’t see it happening, but given how little we play base defense…..

The thing is, on that John Brown TD, Allen commented that the safety went to McKenzie leaving Brown open.  IIRC Gabe and McKenzie were running deep crossers and the safety went with McKenzie there too.   Bills fans think little of him but having two fast guys makes a difference, especially when TDs have been caught in previous games.  It’s harder on a defense to shut things down.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

What is the definition of a comfortable win for these people lol.  Does it have to be a wire to wire blowout? Cuz those are pretty rare 

Blowouts were the expectation and standard at the beginning of the season. Bills were the consensus Super Bowl juggernaut (according to Eisen, they were coming for your soul). They have a great record, but the dominance vanished. No wire to wire blowouts is concerning in that context.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

26 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

So like its only comfortable to you if they blow someone out in the first quarter?  Thats pretty damn rare in the NFL this year.  See the Ravens/Miami game.  I bet Ravens felt real comfortable... until the 4th quarter.  There is a reason they play a full game.  What you are looking for isnt happening in the NFL this year.

No. The Rams, Titans, Steelers, and Packers games were all comfortable wins. Those games were never in doubt and weren't "blowouts in the first quarter."

3 hours ago, Lionel Hutz said:

I think people are seriously underestimating the Dolphins. They played us close both games and we haven't had a comfortable win in months. They really should have beat us the last game. 

Rewatching game right now. Lots of breakdowns in Bills defensive backfield. Have to sure this up!! Better communication

2 hours ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

I was with you for a bit there but then we got to no comfortable wins and dolphins should have beat the bills and then I'm out on lionel hutz

Right.  The saying is it’s hard to beat a team twice in the same season and harder still to beat them 3x in the same season.  You learn their tendencies, the small tells, in a way just film study won’t always give you.

The Dolphins have a very inventive DC and sound OC.  They’ve got some good players on D. They played us hard both games and had some success.  But I don’t feel they beat us, or came close to beating us, in either game.  Even with the heat and the injuries, we beat ourselves - with a fumble on the Buffalo 6 yd line in the first game leading to a TD and a missed FG; with a strip-sack fumble and the World’s Dumbest RTK Penalty in the 2nd game.  There were other miscues but those stand out.  

I don’t think the team is taking them lightly at all.  But “they deserved to win” is silliness.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I think it is not terribly out of order to say that the Bills looked the better team, for the most part, the first meeting.  But the Dolphins looked every bit our equal the second game.

So my thinking is this will be a very difficult match-up and the Bills need to be focused and ready

26 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Rewatching game right now. Lots of breakdowns in Bills defensive backfield. Have to sure this up!! Better communication

Yeah, first play broken down in Cover1 Disguised Coverage, make a big deal out of how Dolphins motion forces us to adjust and we left a gap leading to a 13 yd run but even they eventually comment “that has to be some kind of miscommunication” which left 2 DBs snuggled up on the R side of the field.  Plus a missed tackle.

28 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I think it is not terribly out of order to say that the Bills looked the better team, for the most part, the first meeting.  But the Dolphins looked every bit our equal the second game.

So my thinking is this will be a very difficult match-up and the Bills need to be focused and ready

Yeah but that was with Tua, not a rookie on the road.

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

TBH, I’m kind of with the guy who asked “why do we need to dress 6 LB?”

I’d rather see us dress 6 WR

If McKenzie can’t go, call up John Brown and make him active.  If he can go, snip someone off the LB list

I don’t see it happening, but given how little we play base defense…..

The thing is, on that John Brown TD, Allen commented that the safety went to McKenzie leaving Brown open.  IIRC Gabe and McKenzie were running deep crossers and the safety went with McKenzie there too.   Bills fans think little of him but having two fast guys makes a difference, especially when TDs have been caught in previous games.  It’s harder on a defense to shut things down.

I fully agree with you. I think there is a non-zero chance we dress old man (2 catches in 2 games) Beasley and sit Shakir.

Which would be wild. 

1 hour ago, Airseven said:

Blowouts were the expectation and standard at the beginning of the season. Bills were the consensus  juggernaut (according to Eisen, they were coming for your soul). They have a great record, but the dominance vanished. No wire to wire blowouts is concerning in that context.

Beginning of the season  is a little different than the end of the season, don't you think?

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Right.  The saying is it’s hard to beat a team twice in the same season and harder still to beat them 3x in the same season.  You learn their tendencies, the small tells, in a way just film study won’t always give you.

The Dolphins have a very inventive DC and sound OC.  They’ve got some good players on D. They played us hard both games and had some success.  But I don’t feel they beat us, or came close to beating us, in either game.  Even with the heat and the injuries, we beat ourselves - with a fumble on the Buffalo 6 yd line in the first game leading to a TD and a missed FG; with a strip-sack fumble and the World’s Dumbest RTK Penalty in the 2nd game.  There were other miscues but those stand out.  

I don’t think the team is taking them lightly at all.  But “they deserved to win” is silliness.

I think people are underestimating the Dolphins injury situation. It’s not just Tua. In the last game, the Dolphins had their starting QB, #1 RB and an intact OL. They will have none of those things in this game. I know that we don’t have the Jets D, but this group of guys was held to 9 points by a Jets team with nothing to play for. If the Bills lose this one because we give up actual TDs, Fraiser should actually be fired.

2 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I think people are underestimating the Dolphins injury situation. It’s not just Tua. In the last game, the Dolphins had their starting QB, #1 RB and an intact OL. They will have none of those things in this game. I know that we don’t have the Jets D, but this group of guys was held to 9 points by a Jets team with nothing to play for. If the Bills lose this one because we give up actual TDs, Fraiser should actually be fired.

Cautiously optimistic.  I'm not gonna bring up that one game from two years ago but ***** happens.

Call it pessimistic or BBFS or whatever.

I'm not looking at it at a cakewalk.

Edited by The Wiz

13 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Cautiously optimistic.  I'm not gonna bring up that one game from two years ago but ***** happens.

Call it pessimistic or BBFS or whatever.

I'm not looking at it at a cakewalk.

Are you talking about the week 17 game that the Fins had to win in Buffalo and lost? Because, what everyone forgets about that game is that the Bills starters played the whole first half. The Bills were winning 28-6 when the starters left.

47 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

What doesn "No One Can't Stop Josh Allen" even mean?

Is that like "Nobody Doesn't Like Sara Lee"?

One day these people that are payed lots of money to analyze football will realize that qbs aren’t just playing in a vacuum and their success depends on a lot of other positions on the field.  There’s maybe one other guy in the league that could do what Josh is doing with what he’s had to work with.  

If you put josh behind that chiefs oline he would be breaking records every season.  

58 minutes ago, Mango said:

I fully agree with you. I think there is a non-zero chance we dress old man (2 catches in 2 games) Beasley and sit Shakir.

Which would be wild. 

A non-zero chance?  I guess, but I don’t think we sit Shakir in favor of playing Brown and Beasley.

We’re going to have a minimum of 5 WR active.  That would be Diggs, Davis, McKenzie, Shakir, Beasley.

If McKenzie can’t go, I’m sure Brown would get a call-up, keeping us at 5

My point was that even if McKenzie “gets right” by gameday, IMO it would make some sense to call up Brown anyway and have 6 WR active.

3 minutes ago, JohninMinn. said:

Game won't be close. Bills will rest starters in the second half.

That would indeed surprise me.   It pains me to say this because McDaniel gives me the grues, but the Dolphins appear to be a well-coached football team.  They will be Lit for this game, having not had a playoff game in what, 6 years?   They  have enough talent on offense that they will take advantage of any miscues or miscommunications or mistakes on D and it seems to be a halllmark of our D that we will give up 1-2 big plays per game.  They have a good DC who has been able to slow us down.

As long as we don’t make stupid ass mistakes I expect the Bills to win handily but I don’t expect to see us relax and take our foot off the gas until the game is over.

• Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

That would indeed surprise me.   It pains me to say this because McDaniel gives me the grues, but the Dolphins appear to be a well-coached football team.  They will be Lit for this game, having not had a playoff game in what, 6 years?   They  have enough talent on offense that they will take advantage of any miscues or miscommunications or mistakes on D and it seems to be a halllmark of our D that we will give up 1-2 big plays per game.  They have a good DC who has been able to slow us down.

As long as we don’t make stupid ass mistakes I expect the Bills to win handily but I don’t expect to see us relax and take our foot off the gas until the game is over.

if McDaniels was coaching a non afc east team I think I’d like his team. There’s just something about him that’s different that I like. 

• Disagree 1

You guys trying to find a way to be nervous about this are the height of BBFS. It reminds me of people trying to talk themselves into being scared of the Steelers. If the Bills lose this game, coaches need to be fired and we need to reevaluate our faith in Josh Allen as a franchise QB. It’s not only Tua. They will be without their starting RB, RT, LT and OG. If the Bills can’t win this one, they should trade everyone and rebuild.

10 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Trap game. If McDaniel was smart he'd go goaline and run it every play.   

I could see a low scoring afair, with the Dolphins within 1 score late into the game. 

If trap games exist, they don’t exist in the playoffs. Every Bills player and coach knows what’s at stake on Sunday. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CNYfan said:

It is strange that in both games I felt the better team that day lost.  I thought the Bills were out coached on both sides of the ball through the first three quarters in the second matchup.  One thing that gives me some comfort coming into this game is McDermott/Frazier's track record against rookie QB's.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Just a little note that the section the reporters watched featured Tim Settle being attended by trainers and helped off - yet he isn’t listed as limited.  So I don’t think one should rely 100% on what the reporters see as gospel.  They’re good at reporting what they see, but players do spend more time getting treatments then come out and join practice.  The Bills have also reported hammies and groin injuries that have not caused players to lose time as well as hammies that have kept players out 3 weeks.  So I’d say we don’t know which this is, at this point.

As far as early Bease elevation “tipping a hand”, I feel that I’ve spelled out why I think that and with all respect, you’re doing the “lalalal not listening” thing, so I’m out.  I”ll just point out once again that there is a large vocabulary of plays that Beasley used to run, that got taken out of the Bills playbook early in this season.

There are also a number of plays McKenzie runs that Beasley really can’t at this point - but Shakir could theoretically manage most of those and Hines many of the rest

What does “handshake work” mean?  I’ve never heard that term

Says he was not seen throwing

Are they talking literally, handshakes, like Josh Allen’s handshakes with his crew?

Ask Thad Brown.  I’m sure he knows.  

• Haha (+1) 1

They hold an NFL record for losing 4 playoff games in a row by 17+ points. They'll make it 5 on Sunday.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Nothing about McDaniel should scare you. Two of literally the fastest guys on the planet and you still lose like 8 of your last 10 games. Skyler Thompson could literally be blindfolded and hill and waddle would still manage to make plays. Doesn't mean they will, If they do,  they still suck and will be beat by 3948383838 points. The bills don't relax when they have opponents baffled, they destroy the living ***** out of them. Jesus Christ 

7 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

First 3 minutes are about Josh. 

And?

Its amazing how a 70 yard throw on the money looks like just another play.  I am thankful we live in the era of film breakdowns and endless analysis to fully appreciate just how special the performances we are witnessing are.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

I know the first 2 games were real close... but this time I think the Bills  will crush these guys and not let up. 

I fully expect the whole team to be fired up, laser focused, executing their plan, taking care of the ball, and scoring a lot of points.  The D, along with the game script will force the Dolphins to throw and the rout will be on. Skylab Thompson will crash and burn. Like a dam bursting, the Dolphins will be overwhelmed and steamrolled.

This is what I visualize and what I believe will happen. 

Let's Go BUFF A LO !! !!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.