We're onto Miami(Miami's headed to Buffalo)...opening line BUF -10! Game at 1:05 PM SUN 1/15

Big Turk

9 minutes ago, Process said:

I see zero reason to play McKenzie or Phillips. There is a good chance we have multiple players behind McKenzie that are better than him.

Let's look at what this is saying.  If we have "multiple players behind McKenzie that are better than him", isn't that saying:

1) our FO, OC, passing game coordinator, and WR coach are all monumental failures at player evaluation - since they have failed to recognize and act on this all season

2)

is all a mirage?

If that's not what you're saying, what are you saying?

9 minutes ago, Process said:

And Phillips is useless out there with his shoulder. 

It's the playoffs. McDermott will have to suck it up and let our starting DTs play more than half the snaps. 

Agree about Phillips.  The last bit is either exaggeration for effect, or ignorance though. 

Ed Oliver hasn't played <65% of the snaps since Week 9.  It's been very close to 70% 4 of the last 4 games.

DaQuan Jones has played >70% of the snaps 3 of the last 4 games

But the quality of the other 30% of the snaps matters.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

"Battered Bills Fan Syndrome" or "Buffalo Bills Fan Syndrome"

A disorder characterized by inability to relax prior to, or during, a Bills game and a seemingly irrational anticipation of negative outcomes

The root cause is 4 successive Superbowl losses and 17 years of playoff drought

A relapse or secondary infection was transmitted by the Men in Black and the Cody Ford illegal block penalty vs. Houston followed by 13 seconds last year

I suffer a mild to moderate case myself, but several regular posters on this board have severe and debilitating disorders

Anyone have suggestions for the name of the fictional prescription medication that would be used to treat BBFS? 

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Let's look at what this is saying.  If we have "multiple players behind McKenzie that are better than him", isn't that saying:

1) our FO, OC, passing game coordinator, and WR coach are all monumental failures at player evaluation - since they have failed to recognize and act on this all season

2)

is all a mirage?

If that's not what you're saying, what are you saying?

Agree about Phillips.  The last bit is either exaggeration for effect, or ignorance though. 

Ed Oliver hasn't played <65% of the snaps since Week 9.  It's been very close to 70% 4 of the last 4 games.

DaQuan Jones has played >70% of the snaps 3 of the last 4 games

But the quality of the other 30% of the snaps matters.

Brown and Beasley weren't on the team all season... And yes I do think shakir should have been playing more ...a lot of people on here agree with that.... Our coaches have failed at player evaluation many times, it happens, it's okay

And yes that was a mixture of exaggeration/joking/seriousness

Lighten up! 

• Eyeroll 1

6 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

“for some reason”?

Thank your lucky stars you were able to find a special woman with that keen ability which you should hope never goes away.

After she references the hebbi-gebbis he gives her you should just turn to her and say, “I love you. Thank you for marrying me.”

I am a lucky guy. Married well above my league for sure. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, balln said:

More interesting is how their D last year was 1st in a lot of categories. And they wilted against kc. Very fearful of this years D against good passing O linebacker play wasn’t nearly as good last year and tre white seems to be improving every week. Tre/Dane Jackson and elam will hold up better against kc than Levi Wallace/Dane Jackson did last year imo if we were to see them again 

Our linebacker play wasn’t nearly as good last year and tre looks like he’s improving every week.  I’d take tre at 80% and a combo of elam/Dane Jackson over Levi Wallace and Dane Jackson.  

a team like kc is gonna score their points we just need to get a few more stops than they do 

44 minutes ago, Process said:

Brown and Beasley weren't on the team all season... And yes I do think shakir should have been playing more ...a lot of people on here agree with that.... Our coaches have failed at player evaluation many times, it happens, it's okay

And yes that was a mixture of exaggeration/joking/seriousness

Lighten up! 

OK, just clarifying - you ARE saying that our coaches and FO are failures at player evaluation - all season for Shakir, and since Nov 26 for Smoke.  So the same group that's managed the #2 offense in points and yards per game and top-10 in essentially every offensive category, sucks worse than you and some other fans here at player e v a l.

Seems logical.

Now you're doubling down.  Who are these many players representative of the "many times" our current coaches and FO have failed at player evaluation and when were they playing ahead of "many better players"?

I'll hang up and listen

You bring the Bad Takes, you pack and carry them.  I'm not gonna "lighten up" your load.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, balln said:

More interesting is how their D last year was 1st in a lot of categories. And they wilted against kc. Very fearful of this years D against good passing O

Of course we have to think it has a lot to do with injuries and Hyde/White out most of 2022. Two top of the line players, add Von Miller then subtract him....

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

That is big. I wonder how many fish fans will be blaming injury after they mocked us week 3.

Edited by What a Tuel

13 minutes ago, balln said:

More interesting is how their D last year was 1st in a lot of categories. And they wilted against kc. Very fearful of this years D against good passing O

They didn't "wilt" against KC until the final seconds of regulation - which I will acknowledge, was an Epic CF

They kept us in the game.  They stopped KC 3x and held to a FGA 4x.  You can't expect any defense to totally shut down a high-powered BALANCED offense. 

And, we won in KC earlier this season.

So what is the source of the fear?  Is it about losing Hamlin, or Von Miller, or ??

19 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Of course we have to think it has a lot to do with injuries and Hyde/White out most of 2022. Two top of the line players, add Von Miller then subtract him....

That is big. I wonder how many fish fans will be blaming injury after they mocked us week 3.

None of the Bills don’t take care of business. That said, most will cause it’s going to impact the team even though they gone lose.😬

2 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

Buffalo Bills Fan Syndrome. It's like a sort of PTSD from so many years of disappointment. Most of us suffer from it because we all care so much. It was so sad to watch my daughter get her first taste of it during that Texans playoff game. As positive as I have been all week, it's starting to set in with the realization that the Bills starting safeties might be Marlowe and Johnson

Why?  Poyer is full practice.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, balln said:

Nope. As soon as det game happened. Said good bye Super Bowl.

but reality is. Only thing that can happen where we win is if Josh Allen goes OFF and offense plays perfect. Enough of the 1 or 2 good plays and 1 or 2 bad plays, sloppy play. 

OK, You.  In you go, into the sack.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

Am I correct that the Dolphins are breaking a 14 year playoff drought on Sunday? 

They were last in the playoffs in 2016.

2000 was the last time they won a playoff game.

In looking at their playoff history (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Miami_Dolphins_seasons) ... when they lose, they usually get their asses handed to them.

30 minutes ago, Gugny said:

They were last in the playoffs in 2016.

2000 was the last time they won a playoff game.

In looking at their playoff history (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Miami_Dolphins_seasons) ... when they lose, they usually get their asses handed to them.

If we are anywhere close to being on our game, they'll get their asses handed to them this time too.

• Agree 3

Walking through the neighborhood just now passed a Patriot*** fan neighbor who yelled "Good Luck this weekend!" from across the street.  Not sure how to feel 😶

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

I'm not a huge fan of "there's no way they can lose" games.

But, realistically, it does seem like there is no way we could lose.  A team w/ a lesser coach could - but McD will make sure they're focused and treating this w/ the intensity that a playoff game requires.

50 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Walking through the neighborhood just now passed a Patriot*** fan neighbor who yelled "Good Luck rmthis weekend!" from across the street.  Not sure how to feel 😶

Why would you feel anything but good about it? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.