We're onto Miami(Miami's headed to Buffalo)...opening line BUF -10! Game at 1:05 PM SUN 1/15

Big Turk

41 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Bengals I get, because it did in fact kinda screw them. 

Chiefs I get, because the proposal pretty much advantaged them by handing them the 1 seed.

But why Bears?

The Bears seem to have pretty much abstained from the entire season.

• Haha (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

It is pathetic.  It’s all over this board too.  People are terrified of losing if Tua plays 

Afraid to lose. What a weird concept. I’ve never known a single professional athlete to be afraid to lose. Because they can’t be. Us fans should be the same way. 

25 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Normally this is the case but the whole dynamic changes if it is Tua that goes into the locker room or off on a cart from a head injury.  This situation would overshadow what is happening on the field.  This blurs the line on "winning is what matters".  I know it would adversely affect my enjoyment of the game.  It would be bad for the NFL Brand.

If I were Commisioner I would not allow this possibility.  I would have told Miami this along with all the other arrangements- it's a consequence of the unusual fallout from the Hamlin related situation.  I would give Miami the neutral game if it came to it.  In that light you can then see that the Miami vote against the proposal was a signal to the league that it wasn't their idea or their preference.

Oh I agree with you. In my eyes it is clear that Tua should retire. Every time he takes the field he is risking serious injury. I'd argue that your scenario still exist whether he plays this year or next. He's a walking time bomb sort of speak. That's my non doctor viewpoint. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

It is pathetic.  It’s all over this board too.  People are terrified of losing if Tua plays 

People are afraid because they can imagine the fallout that would occur if the Bills lost. Close your eyes and picture Tyreek Hill celebrating at mid field after eliminating the Bills for the third straight year after all this team has gone through. He's got so little class and self awareness that he'll dance on the painted 3, just to rub it in. This will be a miserable offseason if the Bills lose this game. For that reason, Bills fans want to get as much as a certain win as they can get and that means no Tua. 

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Afraid to lose. What a weird concept. I’ve never known a single professional athlete to be afraid to lose. Because they can’t be. Us fans should be the same way. 

I would be willing to bet the fear of losing is one of the biggest motivators for elite athletes.  I don't have the time or desire to go on a search for quotes, but I've heard many professional athletes speak about the fear of losing sometimes being a bigger motivator than the desire to win.

20 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

here it is all diagrammed and annotated, if anyone is interested

My favorite part of this play is on an angle that isolates Diggs more - the moment he turns and sees the ball in the air, for just a spit second he drops his head to go in full out sprint mode before tracking the ball again, running as fast as he possibly can to catch up to it.  It's incredible

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I think they are looking to the divisional round to start him. Lets make that decision easy for them!!!

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

I’ll now be accepting gifts from everyone who kept telling me Tua was going to play

Don't forget to share

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

This is making it less likely he plays.  If he isnt cleared tomorrow for practice than I dont think there is enough time.  He has to have a full contact practice before he can be cleared to play. That is at least two stages away.

No it is making it impossible for him to play. He has been ruled out.

Whether the NFL has any contol over Tua playing, I'm sure they are glad he isnt. 

Consider these optics:

Mia-Buf is only game on at that time..whole country is watching.

On a delayed blitz, Milano comes clean up the middle, and in hitting him, Tua's head bounces off the frozen astroturf. He suffers his 4th concussion OF THE SEASON..(oh, I'm sorry, 3 concussions and a "back injury".)

Doctors rush to the field to attend to an unconscious Dolphin, and an ambulance carts him off for the field..with Bills players standing around watching for the second time in two weeks. No bueno...

Hamlin was a freak accident..this is totally preventable.

2 minutes ago, eball said:

Ahh, yes, I think you're right.  I take back anything complimentary I said about the Fish.

I sincerely feel bad for Tua. He seems like a nice kid and between how they handled him his first couple years and now he will feel repercussions from this concussion stuff health wise

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 11

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I sincerely feel bad for Tua. He seems like a nice kid and between how they handled him his first couple years and now he will feel repercussions from this concussion stuff health wise

Reperconcussions for sure

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Agreed. I hope he can live a normal life 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I would be willing to bet the fear of losing is one of the biggest motivators for elite athletes.  I don't have the time or desire to go on a search for quotes, but I've heard many professional athletes speak about the fear of losing sometimes being a bigger motivator than the desire to win.

It's their hatred of losing more than anything. At least according to the players I’ve known over the years. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.