We're onto Miami(Miami's headed to Buffalo)...opening line BUF -10! Game at 1:05 PM SUN 1/15

Big Turk

2 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

The same NFL that fully intended to continue playing football after Hamlin was given CPR for 9 mins and resuscitated on the field?

The same Dolphins organization that put Tua back on the field after an obvious concussion where he literally fell trying to walk, called it a back injury, and put him on the field 4 days later to suffer a much worse concussion?

Yeah, Tua is playing. Take it to the bank. 

If he's medically cleared, I hope he plays and Mostert as well. Otherwise, we'd hear all off season how lucky we were to beat them with Skylar at QB and Mostert out.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

Unless Stephen Ross is dead set on blowing this thing up and bringing in Brady and Payton in at all costs next year regardless of the outcome of Sunday Tua is playing.  McDaniel is fighting for his job and he isn't going in doing that with Sayler Thompson at QB.

McDaniel is not fighting for his job. That is crazy. They made the playoffs with their starting QB missing 4 or 5 games this year due to injury. Everyone knows Tua is not the future. They will bring in a vet to “compete” with Tua in the off-season. They have to because if they do decide to start Tua next year they sure as hell better have a Derek Carr or Jimmy G on the roster at minimum.

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

If he's medically cleared, I hope he plays and Mostert as well. Otherwise, we'd hear all off season how lucky we were to beat them with Skylar at QB and Mostert out.

Who cares? Give me them weaker. Did they care that we were running very thin during the 1st game?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, NickelCity said:

I'm with you. Hope they're weak as can be so that we run up the score and rest players. 

And an easier win. The fish at full strength are a good team and would be a challenge although the Bills still would win. But as we progress to the SB it will likely get harder(Chiefs,Bengals,Ravens, Chargers and 49ers or eagles) so a softer fins team is much better 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

Tua hasn't even practiced and is in stage 2 or 3 of the protocol. He won't even be cleared to play by Sunday. 

Yeah one would think it's not shaping up good for him. If tomorrow he's still in stage 2-3 obviously he won't practice. I would guess if he can't practice Thursday either then chances might not be all that good for him to play. That would leave only Friday left for him and would need a lot of improvement on that Thursday so he can get that 1 and only practice.

So be interesting to see how tomorrow goes and into Thursday

2 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Just rewatching the Pats game. Man Davis dropped an easy td bomb. I could’ve caught that! 50 yards in the bread basket! Score should’ve been 42-23. Josh afc player of the week. Sadly Davis is off this year. 
hope he’s back in the playoffs!

Yeah, me 3.

The Bills secondary also worries me.

6 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Just rewatching the Pats game. Man Davis dropped an easy td bomb. I could’ve caught that! 50 yards in the bread basket! Score should’ve been 42-23. Josh afc player of the week. Sadly Davis is off this year. 

And it was arguably Allen's 2nd best throw of the game. You could make a career-worthy highlight reel of Josh Allen throws that ended in drops or called back by penalties. It's crazy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

41 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

Tua hasn't even practiced and is in stage 2 or 3 of the protocol. He won't even be cleared to play by Sunday. 

I mean, he could be.  Taron Johnson started Tuesday am in Stage 1 and was cleared to play Sunday.  If the player reports no symptoms and passes balance tests and cognitive testing, he can boogie right through the protocol.

The unaddressed question about Tua is exactly what has been going on - has he been experiencing continued symptoms?  If the symptoms have cleared up, and he was in Stage 2 last week or Monday, he could easily be in Stage 3 today and practice with the team tomorrow, provided he does not experience (or doesn’t report) recurring symptoms.  Since the QB wears a red no-contact jersey, “full contact” practices are pretty much “no contact” for the QB and he could clear by Thurs or Fri - always assuming he continues to pass whatever standard of baseline testing he laid down for himself and to not experience (or not report) recurring symptoms.

1 minute ago, chongli said:

Noy sure if this wwas posted, but:

Those referees will not be eligible for the SB now.

Do we have opinions about Brad Allen as a ref?  Good?  Bad?  Likes to call everything?  Likes to “let ‘em play?”

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, AlfaBill said:

Unfortunately he has dropped a lot to point he would fit in well in that 5 min video of dropped balls from 2018.Yeah he wasn't too bad start of the season though

7 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Do we have opinions about Brad Allen as a ref?  Good?  Bad?  Likes to call everything?  Likes to “let ‘em play?”

Well, according to FinHeaven, the refs will be biased for Buffalo, as the NFL wants us to win the SB because of the Damar situation. So expect everything to go our way. I'll take them for their word.

Edited by chongli
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I mean, he could be.  Taron Johnson started Tuesday am in Stage 1 and was cleared to play Sunday.  If the player reports no symptoms and passes balance tests and cognitive testing, he can boogie right through the protocol.

Yeah but Taron Johnson hasn't has 4 or more concussions like Tua. Tua's basically averaging a concussion per month. Only 4 months in regular season. Not to mention one of Tua's was scary worse compared to Taron

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

yeah. I don’t know if the NFL will allow it. And the whole organization is under a microscope not just for the whole Tua thing but other things as well. Even if the NFL is okay with him playing the organization might realize it isn’t worth it. 

Completely agree with you NFL analysis.

Completely disagree with you Dolphin organization analysis.

The Dolphins already displayed how they care about winning over Tua's health. The owner cheated on trying to get Brady. The Flores scandal.  No way do I think the organization will do the right thing. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Lol. It's ok if you dont believe me. I don't have anything to prove. 

You don’t have anything to prove but it’s such an easy thing to do.  Take a screenshot, compress and post.

if you do that, Damars charity gets a nice donation.  Why would you not?  You can’t be so lazy where you can’t do such a simple thing in order to raise money for 3.  Can you?  Or maybe you can’t post it because it doesn’t exist? 

53 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

From article: “Ultimately, Dolphins owner Stephen Ross makes the call on whether Tua does or doesn’t play. Some think he should have kept Tua from playing on that fateful night in Cincinnati, four days after Tua struck his head on the ground and clearly wobbled before inexplicably being cleared to return to a game against the Bills.”

Ha! Ross makes the final call? 

Ross: Tua, you ready to play the Bills?

Tua: No mom, I don’t want to go to school today.

Ross: Atta boy, go win me a playoff game!

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

Just now, Patrick Duffy said:

Yeah but Taron Johnson hasn't has 4 or more concussions like Tua. Tua's basically averaging a concussion per month. Only 4 months in regular season. Not to mention one of Tua's was scary worse compared to Taron

Tua  has how many actual reported, documented concussions?  I believe the number is 2 this season.

He’s believed to have actually suffered 3 by people who watched the Bills game, of course.

I’m not a neurologist and don’t want to play one on the inter web, but from my kid’s sports teams apparently concussions that resulted from what looked like “nothing”  could have symptoms that lingered for weeks and concussions that looked awful could resolve relatively quickly.  So we don’t know what’s going on.

My point was that Tua could, in theory, enter the week in Stage 2 of the NFL’s concussion protocols and clear by Sunday.  There’s the protocol, he either clears or he doesn’t.

Whether it’s a good idea for Tua to play again this season or ever, is between him and his medical advisors and family.

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

Completely agree with you NFL analysis.

Completely disagree with you Dolphin organization analysis.

The Dolphins already displayed how they care about winning over Tua's health. The owner cheated on trying to get Brady. The Flores scandal.  No way do I think the organization will do the right thing. 

Can't argue with you about that for sure, however you would think or hope anyway, that the league is keeping a real close eye on them this time after the way Fins handled it the 1st time. 

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Tua  has how many actual reported, documented concussions?  I believe the number is 2 this season.

He’s believed to have actually suffered 3 by people who watched the Bills game, of course.

I’m not a neurologist and don’t want to play one on the inter web, but from my kid’s sports teams apparently concussions that resulted from what looked like “nothing”  could have symptoms that lingered for weeks and concussions that looked awful could resolve relatively quickly.  So we don’t know what’s going on.

My point was that Tua could, in theory, enter the week in Stage 2 of the NFL’s concussion protocols and clear by Sunday.  There’s the protocol, he either clears or he doesn’t.

Whether it’s a good idea for Tua to play again this season or ever, is between him and his medical advisors and family.

I thought it was 4? 

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

My point was that Tua could, in theory, enter the week in Stage 2 of the NFL’s concussion protocols and clear by Sunday.  There’s the protocol, he either clears or he doesn’t

Oh I agree with you about that. I mentioned up-thread if he still isn't cleared for Thursday then chances wouldn't be good imo

Just now, Patrick Duffy said:

Oh I agree with you about that. I mentioned up-thread if he still isn't cleared for Thursday then chances wouldn't be good imo

If he’s not practicing in full by Thurs I think the chances are poor, but they can clear him Saturday or even Sunday, or clear him and not announce it.

We did similar IIRC when Allen had a concussion - 2019 I think?

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I hope Waddle and Hill get banged up in their first possession. This is the playoffs people. All that matters is winning. 

Winning matters but I won’t go as far as to hope for injuries. Whoever shows up to play for Miami, I’d like the Bills to just kick their a@@es. We have not played our best football in a long time… it’s time to crank it up!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

If he’s not practicing in full by Thurs I think the chances are poor, but they can clear him Saturday or even Sunday, or clear him and not announce it.

We did similar IIRC when Allen had a concussion - 2019 I think?

Could he realistically then be counted on to light it up with 1 full practice in 3 weeks?  Not sure how much is required by guys at this level in order to be very effective..

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, chongli said:

Noy sure if this was posted, but:

Those referees will not be eligible for the SB now.

thanks man.

Looks like Brad Allen’s crew officiated one Bills game this season - our win @ Arrowhead.

Bills were flagged 7 times for 35 yards, Chiefs 5 times for 58 yards.

https://www.nflpenalties.com/referee/brad-allen?year=2022&view=week

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I'm hoping Tua doesn't play for obvious reasons. However, even of he plays how good will he be? He's missed lots off time and practice. Plus, he's really not that good anyways. Only concern is the team believing in him and giving them a spark. Either way, I think the Bills win the game. 

• Agree 1

Just now, newcam2012 said:

I'm hoping Tua doesn't play for obvious reasons. However, even of he plays how good will he be? He's missed lots off time and practice. Plus, he's really not that good anyways. Only concern is the team believing in him and giving them a spark. Either way, I think the Bills win the game. 

Isn't their 1st practice tomorrow? Think it is, but we know he will miss that one. It will come down to Thursday to get a better read on it imo 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.