We're onto Miami(Miami's headed to Buffalo)...opening line BUF -10! Game at 1:05 PM SUN 1/15

Big Turk

26 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

You’d be surprised what a playoff game does to players availability 

I remember LeSean McCoy looking quite uncomfortable during that playoff loss against the Jags but still gutting it out. I thought there was no way he was gonna play the way he sprained his ankle a week before that game.

3 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

You think Dolphin fans wish Hyde and Miller were playing?. 

I bet you wouldn’t find a single Dolphins fan who wants to play us at full strength.  They’d rather sneak off with a win against a decimated, heat-stricken squad and then yell “no excuses, no excuses!”  But of course if they lose they’ll have a laundry list of “reasons, not excuses.”

Edited by BRH
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Wilson is a pretty good RB, but it is huge that Mostert cant play (I am saying he can't play, not the doc's yet, but the dude just had surgery yesterday on a broken thumb...cant imagine a RB can play like that)

he’ll be active.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

For sure there will be a lot of standing in lower bowl.  We've been getting club seats last number of years when we take my Dad which sits for the most part (regular season games at least).  Other option is try to find something 1st row upper deck

We sat first row upper deck (500 level) for the Bills game against the Rams at SoFi this year and I loved it. Could sit all you want, and the bird eye view really lets you see everything. I think i prefer it over any of the lower bowl seats. 

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Question, do we know the last time a player had three concussions in one season? I believe Pickett had two this season. I've heard people say if you get three documented concussions in a CAREER you should think about retiring. This is three in one season.

It's not super common but we do hear about players getting two concussions in one season. Three is almost unheard of though.

I remember people absolutely pooping their pants over Steve Young playing football toward the end of his career.  I don't recall exactly how many concussions he had, but the way people talked about it was if each snap could be his last.  

I have a very low opinion of Mike McDaniel because of how he handled Tua's concussion against us back in week 3.  I have very little doubt that he would have filed a protest with the league if Hamlin's injury had happened against his team, and I don't doubt that he'll push Tua out there this week if he can.  He's sort of coaching for his job.  The combination of the owner's impatience and the coaches' lack of professional ethics is setting up some really ugly optics for this weekend.    

13 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

I remember people absolutely pooping their pants over Steve Young playing football toward the end of his career.  I don't recall exactly how many concussions he had, but the way people talked about it was if each snap could be his last.  

I have a very low opinion of Mike McDaniel because of how he handled Tua's concussion against us back in week 3.  I have very little doubt that he would have filed a protest with the league if Hamlin's injury had happened against his team, and I don't doubt that he'll push Tua out there this week if he can.  He's sort of coaching for his job.  The combination of the owner's impatience and the coaches' lack of professional ethics is setting up some really ugly optics for this weekend.    

Funny you say that-Miami was one of three teams to vote against the proposal to have the AFCCG at a neutral site. All the reason to destroy them Sunday.

• Angry 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Yeah, hope there's nobody serious about wanting any players to get injured. But even if joking after what we all witnessed with this team it shows a lack of character

Hill is one of the very few players that I wouldn't feel an ounce of sympathy for if he got injured.  He is a serial domestic abuser and based on the disgusting phone recordings with his child's mother, he lacks any remorse.  If he couldn't run fast and catch a football. he would probably have done jail time for his actions.  With that said, I am not hoping for any injuries.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Random observation: Tony Romo seems to be coming around to the Bills more and more. I rewatched Sunday's game and I think he cried or choked up after Hines' first kick return. He starts explaining how incredible it is, stops mid-sentence with an audible sigh/groan, then goes silent for ten seconds. Nantz picks it up and then Romo composes himself and comes back, a little shaky.

We might get Nantz and Romo every playoff game if it's Dolphins, Bengals, and Chiefs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Tua should have been shutdown for the season following the "fencing" episode. Im no Dr. but i think the fact that he then suffered another one due to a far less severe impact should be setting off alarm bells. 

It seems like everyone is playing with fire right now, and this guy's football career is hanging in the balance, if he has not yet reached the point where he's able to withstand a hit. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Ray Stonada said:

Random observation: Tony Romo seems to be coming around to the Bills more and more. I rewatched Sunday's game and I think he cried or choked up after Hines' first kick return. He starts explaining how incredible it is, stops mid-sentence with an audible sigh/groan, then goes silent for ten seconds. Nantz picks it up and then Romo composes himself and comes back, a little shaky.

We might get Nantz and Romo every playoff game if it's Dolphins, Bengals, and Chiefs.

Fine by me - I actually like Nance & Romo - IMO, better than Buck/Aikman, Tirico/Collinsworth or Michaels/Herbstreit.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

I think those guys really came around on the Bills after the KC playoff game last year and Josh’s absurd performance. 

Romo was going nuts last game over that throw to Diggs— which I think he may have said was the best throw this year (or maybe he said ever!?). 

My biggest issue has always been Nantz. But Romo has made him tolerable. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Big Turk said:

He could be. If I was the doctor clearing him tho, I'd be holding a rosary and saying some Hail Mary's during the game praying he doesn't get another concussion on a basic looking hit.

That's more of the thing for me...the Bills hit and the Packers hit were not major hits...you see QBs get hit like that at least 3-4 times a game on each team and very few of them end up with concussions from it. Seemingly Tua's concussion threshold is far lower than other QBs in that it takes far less for him to get one than most other QBs.

Exactly why I don't think he will be cleared. The doctor who cleared him to come back vs. Buffalo the first time got fired. I don't see a doctor wanting to put their reputation at risk by clearing a guy who could be 1 more concussion away from serious brain damage for all we know. 

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Bengals I get, because it did in fact kinda screw them. 

Chiefs I get, because the proposal pretty much advantaged them by handing them the 1 seed.

But why Bears?

Maybe the ass kicking we gave them was still fresh in their minds and it stung?

22 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I think those guys really came around on the Bills after the KC playoff game last year and Josh’s absurd performance. 

Romo was going nuts last game over that throw to Diggs— which I think he may have said was the best throw this year (or maybe he said ever!?). 

My biggest issue has always been Nantz. But Romo has made him tolerable. 

They showed a rerun of the game last night and I turned it on, Romo was absolutely gushing over that throw (which was a dime.)

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

They showed a rerun of the game last night and I turned it on, Romo was absolutely gushing over that throw (which was a dime.)

The crazy thing is we see those kind of throws on a regular basis from Allen to the point where we don't even blink when it happens...it's become so routine now that we don't always appreciate the jaw dropping amazingness of his throws at times. You watch the throw and how Allen throws it pretty much flat footed while being hit and you are like...are you serious?  Did he just really throw a 60+ yard ball from the opposite hash(tho to be fair when he let it go his bounces took him to around the middle of the hashes), flatfooted while pressure was bearing down on him and just drop it into a bucket?  I think the long one Davis dropped was equally amazing in that he literally threw it off one leg while jumping in the air.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

You think Dolphin fans wish Hyde and Miller were playing?

I don't think anyone is wishing for serious injuries. Minor ones are in play though. Tell me you would hate if Waddle and Hill limped off the field in the 1st quarter and were ruled out for the game. Sure it's sinister but we are at the point that winning is what matters. 

Normally this is the case but the whole dynamic changes if it is Tua that goes into the locker room or off on a cart from a head injury.  This situation would overshadow what is happening on the field.  This blurs the line on "winning is what matters".  I know it would adversely affect my enjoyment of the game.  It would be bad for the NFL Brand.

If I were Commisioner I would not allow this possibility.  I would have told Miami this along with all the other arrangements- it's a consequence of the unusual fallout from the Hamlin related situation.  I would give Miami the neutral game if it came to it.  In that light you can then see that the Miami vote against the proposal was a signal to the league that it wasn't their idea or their preference.

7 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The crazy thing is we see those kind of throws on a regular basis from Allen to the point where we don't even blink when it happens...it's become so routine now that we don't always appreciate the jaw dropping amazingness of his throws at times. You watch the throw and how Allen throws it pretty much flat footed while being hit and you are like...are you serious?  Did he just really throw a 60+ yard ball from the opposite hash(tho to be fair when he let it go his bounces took him to around the middle of the hashes), flatfooted while pressure was bearing down on him and just drop it into a bucket?  I think the long one Davis dropped was equally amazing in that he literally threw it off one leg while jumping in the air.

There are starting QBs in the league that will never in their entire careers make that Diggs, Davis, and John Brown throws— and Allen made all three in one game. 

Consider our drought-era QBs— not one of them ever came close to making a throw like any of those. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Our media acts scared of the Dolphins if Tua plays.

They ask questions of their guests asking if the Dolphins would hold Tua out even if he is medically cleared.

I don’t think there is any way that happens. 

It is pathetic.  It’s all over this board too.  People are terrified of losing if Tua plays 

• Vomit 1

23 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Our media acts scared of the Dolphins if Tua plays.

They ask questions of their guests asking if the Dolphins would hold Tua out even if he is medically cleared.

I don’t think there is any way that happens. 

Do you interpret that as fear of Tua's QB abilities?

Or fear that if Tua is injured or concussed again, it would dampen the game and shake our team that is barely recovering from what happened to Damar Hamlin?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.