Best Way To Watch NFL Network For One Game ?????????????

ExiledInIllinois

NFL.com or NFL+ probably.  

Back before CBS+ became Paramount+, you could change the zip code on your account in the app, to pick up the local CBS channel in a different market than where you were.  Downside is that it was a one time switch.  To switch back you'd have to call/email CBS.  I don't know if this is still an option with Paramount+.  I did see somewhere that Miami's local CBS station will have the game if you want to try getting that station.  

CBS Miami - Breaking News, NEXT Weather & Community Journalism (cbsnews.com)

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

Find a friend that has directv and use the app to watch nfl network

I do that too many times! 😉... Was hoping to stay in good graces. 

9 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Do that using the firestick and watch on your own TV. 

So basically... Get the NFL app on the Firestick... ?? And sign up through there? Haven't tried it yet, maybe later in week. 

I was so PIssed last week i live north of Nashville so they had the Titans game on CBS which given the controversy around firing their GM i kind of get it .

I was all set to watch the Bills turned on the TV to the Titans game which was like going to Olive garden & getting all set for a big plate of spaghetti & they come & tell you they are out of pasta . 😞

I was truly bummed i hope i can get this game if not i'll be heading to B - Dubs ...

• Simon changed the title to Best Way To Watch NFL Network For One Game ?????????????
1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Just go to a bar or restaurant that has the game.  If you can tolerate a small picture on a phone or notepad you can sign up for NFL + with a 7 day free trial & cancel after the game.  

1 hour ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Do that using the firestick and watch on your own TV. 

The NFL+ app on Firestick won't let you watch live games on your TV. It only allows live viewing of prime time games on a device like a tablet or phone, but not a laptop or a Firestick. And if you try to Chromecast or connect an HDMI cable to your TV, it will disable the feed.

Now, if you have a VPN and tell it you're overseas, it's a different story.

• Thank you (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, T master said:

I was so PIssed last week i live north of Nashville so they had the Titans game on CBS which given the controversy around firing their GM i kind of get it .

I was all set to watch the Bills turned on the TV to the Titans game which was like going to Olive garden & getting all set for a big plate of spaghetti & they come & tell you they are out of pasta . 😞

I was truly bummed i hope i can get this game if not i'll be heading to B - Dubs ...

If you live in the Nashville area, why were you surprised the Titans game was shown over the Bills?

And why go to Olive Garden for Italian?  That's like going to BWW for wings.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

The NFL+ app on Firestick won't let you watch live games on your TV. It only allows live viewing of prime time games on a device like a tablet or phone, but not a laptop or a Firestick. And if you try to Chromecast or connect an HDMI cable to your TV, it will disable the feed.

Now, if you have a VPN and tell it you're overseas, it's a different story.

That’s crazy! I have NFL plus as a freebie from my season tickets but I never use it at home since I have the Sunday ticket. 

Go to a sports bar, watch the game, order a beer 🍻 or two and some fried food with cheese on it and you will be good to go, just sayin, 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

If you live in the Nashville area, why were you surprised the Titans game was shown over the Bills?

And why go to Olive Garden for Italian?  That's like going to BWW for wings.

Well when i turned on the TV i truly didn't know the Titans game was in the same time slot so i was just all ready to see the Bills & kind of forgot where i lived LMAO kind of goofy i know but when your a Bills fan you just watch for the Bills .

And the Olive garden thing i feel yah but i have yet to find better italian food here Olive garden is the wife favorite & i dig some of their stuff (Mostley their alcohol) they have a couple of places here that aren't bad nothing like those in the Buffalo area though Caraba's & Demo's are pretty good .

But you nailed it with the B-Dubs for wings !! There's no food like home food from the Buffalo area that's for sure !! 

For those of you with cable ...

I have Spectrum as my cable provider.  They have tiers of channel groups/offerings.  

When games began airing exclusively on NFLN, I called to upgrade to the tier that included NFLN so I could watch the Bills game.

The rep told me that I could upgrade to the higher tier, watch the game, then call back and downgrade to the previous tier .... and that I'd only be charged for one day of the higher tier.

This is another option for those without smart TVs or Roku, firestick, etc., and it's easy/inexpensive.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/13/2022 at 9:02 AM, Albany,n.y. said:

Just go to a bar or restaurant that has the game.  If you can tolerate a small picture on a phone or notepad you can sign up for NFL + with a 7 day free trial & cancel after the game.  

Are they still offering that 7 day free trial?

On 12/13/2022 at 10:34 AM, Dan Darragh said:

Take a trip to Europe then sign up for NFL Game Pass

Does that work?  the NFL app seems to not pay attention to VPN location but use the location of the physical phone (which is harder to spoof)

and

Watching the games only works on a mobile device, not a computer

So I'm thinking it would stop working?

16 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Are they still offering that 7 day free trial?

Does that work?  the NFL app seems to not pay attention to VPN location but use the location of the physical phone (which is harder to spoof)

and

For prime-time games, NFL+ lets you watch live, regardless of your location. It's only if you want to use it for Sunday daytime games (i.e., competing with Sunday Ticket) that you have to be outside the US.

All resolved.  I have had cable TV for like 24 years here. I was still on Xfinity Legacy Plan with Legacy Boxes... LoL... changed my plan... Comes to be like $10 more/month... Swapped out the Legacy Boxes with DVR, etc...

All good!

Watching the Bills finish off the Jets right now! Why didn't Jets kick onside kick?? Dummies...

Thanks for all the help... @BringBackFergy

😏 

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Gugny said:

For those of you with cable ...

I have Spectrum as my cable provider.  They have tiers of channel groups/offerings.  

When games began airing exclusively on NFLN, I called to upgrade to the tier that included NFLN so I could watch the Bills game.

The rep told me that I could upgrade to the higher tier, watch the game, then call back and downgrade to the previous tier .... and that I'd only be charged for one day of the higher tier.

This is another option for those without smart TVs or Roku, firestick, etc., and it's easy/inexpensive.

But I was a legacy.  I needed new boxes. Are they BSing me?... Supposedly they couldn't push the higher package on what I had. I guess there is no going back now. 

Got the bigger box with DVR, second TV's STB is smaller... But both work the same... 

I must have been in stone age. I never bit through the years when they tried to get me to "upgrade." I never knew NFLnetwork was an added channel on Cable TV... Thought it was this magical land like AmazonPrime TV...

Thank goodness @BringBackFergywas here to help! 

I just switched to youtube tv from direct stream.  youtube is offering a 2 week free trial to new subscribers but I did that for another game.  It's $15 per month less than my comparable plan.  Direct did a lot of early adopters wrong, promising lifetime pricing of $35 per month and free HBO.  first they increased the price (now at $80) and then dropped HBO.   bunch of shysters.  one plus was getting Sunday ticket from them but after this season that's done.  I hope they go belly up.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Beck Water said:

and

You would need to sign up for the offshore version of NFLGP which carries all games and archives them.  I'm telling you, I get better Bills coverage than I ever got in Rochester.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.