Best Way To Watch NFL Network For One Game ?????????????

ExiledInIllinois

23 hours ago, T master said:

Well when i turned on the TV i truly didn't know the Titans game was in the same time slot so i was just all ready to see the Bills & kind of forgot where i lived LMAO kind of goofy i know but when your a Bills fan you just watch for the Bills .

And the Olive garden thing i feel yah but i have yet to find better italian food here Olive garden is the wife favorite & i dig some of their stuff (Mostley their alcohol) they have a couple of places here that aren't bad nothing like those in the Buffalo area though Caraba's & Demo's are pretty good .

But you nailed it with the B-Dubs for wings !! There's no food like home food from the Buffalo area that's for sure !! 

what are you particularly looking for in Italian food?

my brother has lived in nashville over 25 years.

I’ve lived outside of Buffalo.  My dad is 100% Sicilian so I’m very critical of italian food. I don’t touch Olive Garden.

ehrn I’ve lived elsewhere I’ve just looked online for italian restaurants snd found decent ones.  When I go I look for non red/ meat sauce dishes because I can make my own.

• Like (+1) 1

When I moved down to Belize I figured I would not have any options to replace my Sunday Ticket. Boy, was I wrong!

I get Shaw Direct dish out of Toronto. It works fine down here and I get EVERY Bills game on CTV Toronto, regardless of time or day. I get that it is technically not in their service area. But, I get the service out of Mexico.  https://mazsatellite.com/  You could do the same if you can install it yourself. It's a lot cheaper than Sunday Ticket and I get hundreds of channels for less than any package I got in the US. NFL Network, ESPN, etc are all included.

You can get anything you want in Mexico. Just a thought.

7 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

When I moved down to Belize I figured I would not have any options to replace my Sunday Ticket. Boy, was I wrong!

I get Shaw Direct dish out of Toronto. It works fine down here and I get EVERY Bills game on CTV Toronto, regardless of time or day. I get that it is technically not in their service area. But, I get the service out of Mexico.  https://mazsatellite.com/  You could do the same if you can install it yourself. It's a lot cheaper than Sunday Ticket and I get hundreds of channels for less than any package I got in the US. NFL Network, ESPN, etc are all included.

You can get anything you want in Mexico. Just a thought.

It really is something how taxpayers front so many costs for the NFL yet get shafted when it comes to watching a game they want to watch.  And how the NFL rolls out the figurative red carpet for foreigners who would elsewise probably never spend a dime on anything NFL.

That didn't sound good so I'll slightly rephrase.  What the NFL puts out for non-US people is excellent and should be the standard for those residing in the US.  Instead there's all kinds of hoops people need to jump through just to watch their product if you want to watch your favorite team that happens to be out of market.

When I moved to FL 6 years ago I had DirectTV installed for Sunday Ticket.  Quickly grew tired of the AT&T version of DirectTV so I cancelled that.  I was going to go through the whole VPN signup for the international version of NFL + (whatever they called it at the time).  Until I realized my wife works at a college and a student was willing to sign me up for Sunday Ticket Student which was only like $120.  There were no other options for me to watch Bills games at 1pm Sunday.  A sports bar / Bills backer is not something I want to do as I want to watch the game not BS the entire time.

Edited by Blazman11
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Are they still offering that 7 day free trial?

Does that work?  the NFL app seems to not pay attention to VPN location but use the location of the physical phone (which is harder to spoof)

and

Watching the games only works on a mobile device, not a computer

So I'm thinking it would stop working?

I did the 7 day trial with the intention of keeping it on the Thursday night game, but I couldn't take the fact that I had to watch it on my cellphone inches from my face.  It was not compatible with a Fire notepad.  Also I missed the 1st series where the Patriots had the ball & I missed the final minute when I moved the phone & lost the signal.  I don't need local broadcasts to view on a 5" screen instead of my 50" TV (If I'm not home I'm not going to be rude & pull out a cellphone to watch a game when I'm with other people not watching a game) and since I have the SiriusXM computer & app I can listen to all NFL games.  For what amounts to the ability to watch the Thursday night games on a tiny screen, I decided to drop it as soon as the Thursday night game ended.   

Grrr. I pay the $7/month to Spectrum for NFLN Dec/Jan.  I watched Jets/Bills last night with my friend Mr. Labatt

I HATE that Rochester is considered "Out of market" for this game. Total B.S.  45 min. drive ROC to BUF.  Is Long Island in the NJ Jets local market but 3 hours away?

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

what are you particularly looking for in Italian food?

my brother has lived in nashville over 25 years.

I’ve lived outside of Buffalo.  My dad is 100% Sicilian so I’m very critical of italian food. I don’t touch Olive Garden.

ehrn I’ve lived elsewhere I’ve just looked online for italian restaurants snd found decent ones.  When I go I look for non red/ meat sauce dishes because I can make my own.

Before the pandemic i believe they use to have a spaghetti factory down town but that closed actually that was on second street & was near the bombing a few years ago not sure if they opened it up again but as far as franchise Italian i don't know that Nashville has a really good Italian restaurant in or near town.

I love spaghetti & have had some that is really bad so Olive Garden isn't terrible (To Me) so that or Caraba's are the 2 we look for until we find something better ..

Edited by T master

18 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Grrr. I pay the $7/month to Spectrum for NFLN Dec/Jan.  I watched Jets/Bills last night with my friend Mr. Labatt

I HATE that Rochester is considered "Out of market" for this game. Total B.S.  45 min. drive ROC to BUF.  Is Long Island in the NJ Jets local market but 3 hours away?

No part of LI is 3 hours away from MetLife.  Even Montauk, the very east end of LI is a tick under 3 hours.  When I lived in Nassau County I could get to MetLife in less than hour on a Sunday morning & when I lived in Suffolk County it was about 1 -1.5 hours.  I live in the suburbs of Albany & I'm not even 3 hours away from MetLife.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.

11 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Watching the Bills finish off the Jets right now! Why didn't Jets kick onside kick?? Dummies...

Thanks for all the help... @BringBackFergy

😏

10 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I must have been in stone age. I never bit through the years when they tried to get me to "upgrade." I never knew NFLnetwork was an added channel on Cable TV... Thought it was this magical land like AmazonPrime TV...

Thank goodness @BringBackFergywas here to help! 

Is @BringBackFergy getting a kickback from Spectrum every time you mention his name? 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

I just switched to youtube tv from direct stream.  youtube is offering a 2 week free trial to new subscribers but I did that for another game.  It's $15 per month less than my comparable plan.  Direct did a lot of early adopters wrong, promising lifetime pricing of $35 per month and free HBO.  first they increased the price (now at $80) and then dropped HBO.   bunch of shysters.  one plus was getting Sunday ticket from them but after this season that's done.  I hope they go belly up.

Thank you for confirming the lifetime pricing promise.  I knew they promised that but couldn’t find proof when they gaslit me as I watched my price go up to current levels.  Surprised someone hasn’t done a class action suit.  Not sure how they get away with that.  I’ll have to look into YouTube.  The directv pricing may have gone away, but I think that package is grandfathered so if you leave and come back you’ll have to pay even more for a comparable package.

9 hours ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Thank you for confirming the lifetime pricing promise.  I knew they promised that but couldn’t find proof when they gaslit me as I watched my price go up to current levels.  Surprised someone hasn’t done a class action suit.  Not sure how they get away with that.  I’ll have to look into YouTube.  The directv pricing may have gone away, but I think that package is grandfathered so if you leave and come back you’ll have to pay even more for a comparable package.

Yes, the grandfathering kept me in for a long while until...it didn't make financial sense anymore.  I'll bet there r some lawyers on the site that would be interested in a class action suit.  ATT is a big target.  So far very happy with youtube tv:  unlimited DVR, good streaming quality, handy interface especially for library recordings, good channel selection including local PBS.  Don't fall for the 4k upgrade-very little content available.  Not sure why other sources can't keep up with Netflix and Amazon in 4k content.  I do resent putting up with shoddy service in the beginning while they worked out the many bugs.  I thought that was the cost for the lifetime price guarantee.  Interesting piece on the subject:  https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2021/08/att-completes-directv-spinoff-after-6-years-of-utter-failure-and-ineptitude/

Edited by redtail hawk

11 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Yes, the grandfathering kept me in for a long while until...it didn't make financial sense anymore.  I'll bet there r some lawyers on the site that would be interested in a class action suit.  ATT is a big target.  So far very happy with youtube tv:  unlimited DVR, good streaming quality, handy interface especially for library recordings, good channel selection including local PBS.  Don't fall for the 4k upgrade-very little content available.  Not sure why other sources can't keep up with Netflix and Amazon in 4k content.  I do resent putting up with shoddy service in the beginning while they worked out the many bugs.  I thought that was the cost for the lifetime price guarantee.  Interesting piece on the subject:  https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2021/08/att-completes-directv-spinoff-after-6-years-of-utter-failure-and-ineptitude/

As much as I would like to switch, I think I'm staying for now.  After taking a look at YouTube TV it would have only saved me $5 for apples to apples.  That's because for whatever reason I'm getting HBO for $5, and YouTube charges $15.  I like it for the HBO Max app.  Anyway, YouTube would've been $65 + $15 and DirecTV is $80 + $5.  Not worth it for me, I'm generally satisfied with the programming, even though DVR is limited to 20 hours.  Just not happy how they treated us early adopters.  Anyway, I'll give YouTube TV a shot with the free trial so I can see the game this weekend!

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Just Jack said:

So, how did it work out for you? 

I was a legacy cable subscriber since 1996. I called to get NFLnetwork... I upgraded my plan.  I had to get new Set Top Boxes (STB)... Had Legacy Boxes... I now have DVR.

Doesn't come out to be that much more a month. I might actually enjoy the NFLnetwork... Get like +85 more channels too or something like that. 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.