Week 15: Dolphins at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

18 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

well Allen sucks under 45 degrees as well. 

for Tua, under 45 degrees means a road game, it’s tough to win on the road in the NFL.

Allen is the highest rated QB in playoff history.  Every game he's played in the playoffs, outside of the Texans in 2019, has been in weather below 45 degrees.

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

NWS Buffalo updated the Lake Snow Warning for Southern Erie to be 1-3 feet now from 15-22 inches.

Their forecast, specifically for Orchard Park:

Friday Night: 4-8"

Saturday Day: 5-9"

Saturday Night: 4-8"

Basically there will be a lot of snow and the game will look like a snow globe for the National TV Audience.

Will this be as bad as the Snow Bowl in 2017 against the Colts?

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Sure looks like this will look the same to anyone in the nation. Only locals will notice a diff between 8 vs 20 inches. 

About 20” in a day is a cutoff for general manageability. 

18 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Allen is the highest rated QB in playoff history.  Every game he's played in the playoffs, outside of the Texans in 2019, has been in weather below 45 degrees.

There will be more snow on the ground prior to kickoff. Not sure of the amounts during the game...it is hard to say. 

That game had nothing 20 mins before kickoff.

Edited by Big Turk

19 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

24 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I still don't know how Shady made some of those cuts in that game. It was like he was playing on a different field than everyone else. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Watertown averages slightly less than Buffalo in terms of snow but places like Booneville and Highmarket get crushed with like 200+ inches

I went to college in Oswego.  It was right on the corner of Lake Ontario.  Many years it led the state in snowfall from what I remember.  Some of the storms were crazy.  Of course we somehow managed to get to the closest store, buy a keg, and invite everyone to our apartment for a storm party.  (since the weather was clearly too severe to make it to class)

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Do you know what the NFL wants - a big TV audience for the game Saturday night.  IMO a snow storm will only add to the number of eye balls watching the game. This weather forecast propels an already big game into the stratosphere by injecting a uniquely interesting twist.  It makes it must see TV for football and sports fans.  The NFL loves that.

this makes way more sense that the dome/snow doomsdayers who are idiotically asking if the game tomorrow will be moved

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, CNYfan said:

I think that Herbert is receiving more help from his playmakers and O-Line.   Josh has not been great, but the rhythm is often interrupted by drops and holding penalties.   The Bills offense is sputtering but it is an 11 man problem, not Josh's problem.   

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Love Herbert, but I feel I'm being fairly objective here when I say most NFL GMs would choose Allen to start their franchise.

Yes, agreed. Allen is the better QB and playmaker. 

My point is all the analysts have their little lists. 

You see it in the Power Rankings - the Bills "peaked too early" or they can't win "without Von". 

And now this guy saying that Herbert has eclipsed Allen. I say, go ahead, rank Allen 20th if that makes you feel good. Keep him at #25. I hope you're like Skip Bayless and hold on. Go ahead and continue to say Baker Mayfield is better. 

If you watch the games, you see Allen's playmaking carrying the Bills offense. 

So Pat Hammer on wgr was talking about weather and travel for the game and said something like 4-5" during the game.

Granted it will be snowing from tonight until Sunday but I think if they get the field cleaned up for before kickoff it shouldn't be as bad as the colts game.

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

for Tua, under 45 degrees means a road game, it’s tough to win on the road in the NFL.

Enjoy yourself while you can.  I have a feeling that your time is running out troll

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If that snow forecast up-thread is accurate (5 inches tailgating, 8 inches by kickoff, another 4 in the game itself), this game is going to be TOTAL GARBAGE.

We'll win because we are the better team, but the score will be low and close and it will be like watching the Mickey Mouse Club all over again, as we did with that Indy Colts game a few years ago.

Just total garbage.

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

If that snow forecast up-thread is accurate (5 inches tailgating, 8 inches by kickoff, another 4 in the game itself), this game is going to be TOTAL GARBAGE.

We'll win because we are the better team, but the score will be low and close and it will be like watching the Mickey Mouse Club all over again, as we did with that Indy Colts game a few years ago.

Just total garbage.

2-4 inches of snow during the game isn't TOTAL GARBAGE.

When I think total garbage, I think the Colts game.. I'd be quite ok never playing in that ever again with the team we now have. 

Just now, SCBills said:

2-4 inches of snow during the game isn't TOTAL GARBAGE.

When I think total garbage, I think the Colts game.. I'd be quite ok never playing in that ever again with the team we now have. 

How many inches snowed during the game in the Colts game?

Are you kidding? 2-4 inches in 2.5 hours means steady, accumulating snow all game long basically. 

Like enough that you can't see the field or yard markers.  And yes, that's total garbage.

No one will be able to actually play football.

Don't get me wrong, I know this is a divisive topic.  I remember the in-game thread for the Colts game here very clearly.  Very early on, the comments were split down the middle.  Half of everybody LOVED what was going on; the other half HATED IT.  I was in that latter group.

It's kind of fun and novel for about 5 minutes; then you realize it just sucks, and you aren't going to see a football game that day.

Thats my take on it at least.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

EDIT:  I just googled that it was estimated 9 inches fell during the Colts game.  

The thing is, we are going to have like 8" on the ground before the game even starts and it will be accumulating the whole time.  It's not like it will arrive at 9am and they have all day to clean the field.

There will be snow on the field at kickoff--at least some.

26 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Yes, agreed. Allen is the better QB and playmaker. 

My point is all the analysts have their little lists. 

You see it in the Power Rankings - the Bills "peaked too early" or they can't win "without Von". 

And now this guy saying that Herbert has eclipsed Allen. I say, go ahead, rank Allen 20th if that makes you feel good. Keep him at #25. I hope you're like Skip Bayless and hold on. Go ahead and continue to say Baker Mayfield is better. 

If you watch the games, you see Allen's playmaking carrying the Bills offense. 

The Chargers have more dynamic weapons than the Bills. Eckler, Allen, and Williams to name a few. Basically, the Bills have Diggs and who knows who from game to game. Add in the Bills Oline in not good either.

Agree that Josh is special. However, he's dialed it back for many games now. We haven't seen a Bills offense that's explosive and dangerous in many many games. In fact, it's pretty much the opposite. The offense has failed to close out games and teams repeatedly in recent games. I no longer see this offense as scary or dangerous. The Oline has trouble protecting Josh, the Bills run game is sporadic, the pass catchers are inconsistent with the exception of Diggs, and Dorsey is learning on the job.

I like the moves of getting Brown and Beasley because you have nothing to lose. However, these moves aren't a glaring endorsement of a well functioning offensive juggernaut.

I suspect from here on out the Bills will be in many close games. No more boat racing teams. Great thing is they are battle tested and able to win tight close games. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

EDIT:  I just googled that it was estimated 9 inches fell during the Colts game.  

The thing is, we are going to have like 8" on the ground before the game even starts and it will be accumulating the whole time.  It's not like it will arrive at 9am and they have all day to clean the field.

There will be snow on the field at kickoff--at least some.

They have the equipment to plow the field before the game starts.  The field has to be ready 1.5 hours before kick off so teams can go out and do warm ups.

And I googled it as well and found 16" fell during the Colts game.

https://www.skysports.com/nfl/news/12040/12749482/buffalo-braced-for-historic-snowfall-but-bills-game-against-cleveland-browns-expected-to-still-go-ahead#:~:text=Latest NFL standings&text=The Bills were involved in,game 13-7 in overtime.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_Bowl_(2017)

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Yeah, Josh is terrible in cold weather. :rolleyes: By the way, it was 7 degrees this game. 

image.thumb.png.475d292aefa61b491d2a71700c4e3de2.png

And he was terrible this game as well. :rolleyes: Game time temp was around 32 degrees. 

image.thumb.png.9bff26b03265cc1cac3cb5d91937e9e2.png

• Thank you (+1) 1

Wondering what the Bills game plan is for the Dolphins pass rush. I don't believe Spencer Brown can hold up well vs Phillips, Wilkins will create havoc because he's a beast, and the Dolphins like to blitz and bring pressure. 

The Bills coaches have to be prepared for their pass rush. Herbert was under duress all game. He was passing on the move often. Thinking it might be best to have Allen on the move rather than in the pocket. Maybe some quick screens and run the damn ball. 

Anyone have other ideas?

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

Wondering what the Bills game plan is for the Dolphins pass rush. I don't believe Spencer Brown can hold up well vs Phillips, Wilkins will create havoc because he's a beast, and the Dolphins like to blitz and bring pressure. 

The Bills coaches have to be prepared for their pass rush. Herbert was under duress all game. He was passing on the move often. Thinking it might be best to have Allen on the move rather than in the pocket. Maybe some quick screens and run the damn ball. 

Anyone have other ideas?

Instead of trying to block Wilkins, just grab him by the dick.

That the alpha thing to do, right?

5 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

They have the equipment to plow the field before the game starts.  The field has to be ready 1.5 hours before kick off so teams can go out and do warm ups.

And I googled it as well and found 16" fell during the Colts game.

https://www.skysports.com/nfl/news/12040/12749482/buffalo-braced-for-historic-snowfall-but-bills-game-against-cleveland-browns-expected-to-still-go-ahead#:~:text=Latest NFL standings&text=The Bills were involved in,game 13-7 in overtime.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_Bowl_(2017)

Cza4zZmXgAYktVr?format=jpg&name=smallJust hope they don’t end up pulling all the rubber pellets to the surface again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, rusty shackleford said:

Cza4zZmXgAYktVr?format=jpg&name=smallJust hope they don’t end up pulling all the rubber pellets to the surface again.

I know.

Apparently it was just because they had the calibration setup wrong and it wasn't that much that came out of the turf.

Hopefully they learned from last month also.

Edited by The Wiz

The cold and snow should favor the defense and limit both offenses. I think that's a win for the Bills. It probably neutralizes the speed of Miami's dynamic duo of Wrs and Mosert. The Bills have very little speed weapons. 

The Bills defense is better the Miami's. 

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Instead of trying to block Wilkins, just grab him by the dick.

That the alpha thing to do, right?

Well frankly that should have been done when there was 13 seconds left in a game. 

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

The cold and snow should favor the defense and limit both offenses. I think that's a win for the Bills. It probably neutralizes the speed of Miami's dynamic duo of Wrs and Mosert. The Bills have very little speed weapons. 

The Bills defense is better the Miami's. 

Well frankly that should have been done when there was 13 seconds left in a game. 

Another win for the Bills is Allen can run in this stuff a lot better than Tua. I see Josh running a lot in this game, more than he usually does.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.