Week 15: Dolphins at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

I had originally predicted 27-13 Bills for this game. Looking at the scores of the last two bad snow games the Bills played in (13-7 win over the Colts, 8-0 loss at Cleveland) I am changing it to 14-0 Bills. Allen running will be the Bills offense. Only way I see Miami scoring is if the Bills turn it over.

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

I had originally predicted 27-13 Bills for this game. Looking at the scores of the last two bad snow games the Bills played in (13-7 win over the Colts, 8-0 loss at Cleveland) I am changing it to 14-0 Bills. Allen running will be the Bills offense. Only way I see Miami scoring is if the Bills turn it over.

I'm shocked the over under for this game is at 44.5.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Since1981 said:

it’s funny how a word or two clues me in that y’all not local “the lake affect”. 

there are definitely ways to play the snow, slide, rock-as-a-ball, game.

And ***** it really hurts to get tackled in tundra!!

Says the guy saying y'all 😁

1 minute ago, Since1981 said:

You know what I was saying. 

I remember loving to play pickup in the snow.  Looks fluffy fun, until 30 minutes in and snow in your crotch, can’t feel toes, you bang on the frozen ground. 

Or in my case, playing tackle football in the snow in HS during "indoor" track and getting my jaw broken while trying to block for a German exchange student - Fun times!!

I wonder if this guy is still around: 

Schafer stadium snowplow operator Mark Henderson to clear a spot on the field.

Henderson, a convict on work release, jokingly remarked, "What are they gonna do, throw me in jail?"

Hard to believe that game was 40 years ago

• Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

The cold and snow should favor the defense and limit both offenses. I think that's a win for the Bills. It probably neutralizes the speed of Miami's dynamic duo of Wrs and Mosert. The Bills have very little speed weapons. 

The Bills defense is better the Miami's. 

Well frankly that should have been done when there was 13 seconds left in a game. 

Weird I think snow favors the offense. Changing directions is probably the hardest thing to do in the snow. So a LB or DB that needs to quickly drive on a ball carrier will be neutralized but if a WR can get going in a straight line (across the middle, on a jet sweep) its not hard for them to keep running. I think disrupting Hill and Waddle will be just as key here than in LA. the snow will make them slower but Hill will still be the fastest guy on the field. Cant let him get to top speed and also cant have Tua get him the ball in stride.

As long as it’s cold enough for the precipitation to not become rain, and the wind isn’t too bad, I think the Bills could still put up big points.

I have a hard time thinking the Dolphins will hang with us. Especially after their performance at the Chargers last week. Their two scores were a complete fluke fumble recovery and a bomb to Tyreek where the DB fell down (would have been in position to at least interrupt the pass otherwise). Other than those two plays they couldn’t get anything going on offense, and the Chargers were missing half their starters.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

As long as it’s cold enough for the precipitation to not become rain, and the wind isn’t too bad, I think the Bills could still put up big points.

I have a hard time thinking the Dolphins will hang with us. Especially after their performance at the Chargers last week. Their two scores were a complete fluke fumble recovery and a bomb to Tyreek where the DB fell down (would have been in position to at least interrupt the pass otherwise). Other than those two plays they couldn’t get anything going on offense, and the Chargers were missing half their starters.

Bills just have to focus on no turnovers.  If they win turnover battle, Bills should romp.  McDaniel will have tricks up his sleeve.  I would expect Waddle and Hill on many WR sweeps.  If the Bills keep having tackling issues, that could swing the game the other way.

Edited by KCNC
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

And heavy lobbying to move the game by the Bills organization!

What did the bills gain strategically by the game being moved indoors?  We ran the browns out of the building and Chubb averaged a whopping 1.4 yards per carry.

I very much doubt they wanted the game to move at all…that three ‘away’ games in 12 days was a logistical mess 

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

I know.

Apparently it was just because they had the calibration setup wrong and it wasn't that much that came out of the turf.

Hopefully they learned from last month also.

Bills need to put Squirrel Winter on the payroll.  He knows a thing or two

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

47 minutes ago, Process said:

I'm shocked the over under for this game is at 44.5.

Doesn’t look like it’s gonna be that windy…also I think people are picturing the colts snow game and it sounds like it’s not gonna be close to that.  

I remember Brady dropping 5 passing tds on the titans before halftime in a snow game in a game they’d go on to win 59-0 lol Brady could’ve easily broken the single game passing td record that game if they let him 

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

If that snow forecast up-thread is accurate (5 inches tailgating, 8 inches by kickoff, another 4 in the game itself), this game is going to be TOTAL GARBAGE.

We'll win because we are the better team, but the score will be low and close and it will be like watching the Mickey Mouse Club all over again, as we did with that Indy Colts game a few years ago.

Just total garbage.

Football is a game played outdoors.  Teams do their best to manage the conditions which are equal for both opponents.  Besides, this is a game in Buffalo, where we own our weather much like other cities such as Green Bay and Chicago own theirs. 

Football is a sport who's traditions were born in the conditions- mud bowls, slush, sleet, wind, rain and snow.  It can be equally exciting to watch in all of them.  Just my opinion.  

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, jletha said:

Weird I think snow favors the offense. Changing directions is probably the hardest thing to do in the snow. So a LB or DB that needs to quickly drive on a ball carrier will be neutralized but if a WR can get going in a straight line (across the middle, on a jet sweep) its not hard for them to keep running. I think disrupting Hill and Waddle will be just as key here than in LA. the snow will make them slower but Hill will still be the fastest guy on the field. Cant let him get to top speed and also cant have Tua get him the ball in stride.

Then why does Vegas lower the o/u for every game that is expecting lots of snow?

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

EDIT:  I just googled that it was estimated 9 inches fell during the Colts game.  

The thing is, we are going to have like 8" on the ground before the game even starts and it will be accumulating the whole time.  It's not like it will arrive at 9am and they have all day to clean the field.

There will be snow on the field at kickoff--at least some.

Was wondering when they would take the tarp off - and if they would have a crew with shovels and blowers going to town on it from the time the tarp comes off through the game

4 minutes ago, jethro_tull said:

Football is a game played outdoors.  Teams do their best to manage the conditions which are equal for both opponents.  Besides, this is a game in Buffalo, where we own our weather much like other cities such as Green Bay and Chicago own theirs. 

Football is a sport who's traditions were born in the conditions- mud bowls, slush, sleet, wind, rain and snow.  It can be equally exciting to watch in all of them.  Just my opinion.  

also in sun and warm....4 of the original AFL teams were in Texas and California

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

The field has to be ready 1.5 hours before kickoff.

Also - thought it was interesting, Hyde on OBL said for the Colts game running down the field was treachrous b/c only the lines were shoveled and there was inches high snow on the rest - so the terrain wasn't level

1 minute ago, stevewin said:

Also - thought it was interesting, Hyde on OBL said for the Colts game running down the field was treachrous b/c only the lines were shoveled and there was inches high snow on the rest - so the terrain wasn't level

Yea, if you rewatch the highlights on youtube you can see there are highs and lows of snow all over the place (not just the lines).

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

This is the dumbest take in the world lol they moved the game last time because it was an insane amount of snow and they didn’t want to divert emergency personnel 

this game where there’s a modest amount of snow is not going to be moved 

You don't expect these morons to do any research into what their talking about, do you?

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Then why does Vegas lower the o/u for every game that is expecting lots of snow?

I think it is a bit of both. In general points are lower but as the other poster said, the WRs know where they are going and the defenders need to react. It could result in guys getting wide open if a defender falls or loses his balance. QB still needs to deliver the ball too.

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Snow on its own has a negative impact on the offense but probably not as much as people think.  It’s really the wind/visibility that’s the killer and this storm doesn’t sound like it’s going to be awful in either of those departments 

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I think it is a bit of both. In general points are lower but as the other poster said, the WRs know where they are going and the defenders need to react. It could result in guys getting wide open if a defender falls or loses his balance. QB still needs to deliver the ball too.

Sure…..but the scores are definitely lower when played in bad weather than in perfect weather 95 out of 100 times.  

bad weather may favor the offense on some individual plays….. but definitely doesn’t favor the offense for an entire game.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Yea the route running I’d say favors the offense for sure but the qbs gotta grip the football and the receivers gotta catch it.  Miami keeps saying it’s a mental thing not a physical thing but it is very much both lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Snow on its own has a negative impact on the offense but probably not as much as people think.  It’s really the wind/visibility that’s the killer and this storm doesn’t sound like it’s going to be awful in either of those departments 

The o/u for the Miami game was 54.5

The o/u for this game is 44.5

I’d be shocked if the weather didn’t have a negative effect on the total score.  Vegas agrees.  

41 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Doesn’t look like it’s gonna be that windy…also I think people are picturing the colts snow game and it sounds like it’s not gonna be close to that.  

I remember Brady dropping 5 passing tds on the titans before halftime in a snow game in a game they’d go on to win 59-0 lol Brady could’ve easily broken the single game passing td record that game if they let him 

I also remember us dropping 44 points on the Dolphins in a snow playoff game in 1990, the one where Tim McKyer challenged Jim Kelly to "throw my way" and JK happily obliged.

15 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Whaaaaaaaaaaahh! 😭

Talk about being a sissy

That dude is an example of what is wrong with today's generation

If things are tough...or if it hurts your feelings...the solution is to cancel it altogether. 

The Dan LeTard show is exactly where I would expect to find such trash takes

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Sure…..but the scores are definitely lower when played in bad weather than in perfect weather 95 out of 100 times.  

bad weather may favor the offense on some individual plays….. but definitely doesn’t favor the offense for an entire game.  

Probably depends on the kind of weather it is.  If it’s just steady snow and no wind it could definitely favor the offense all game if they’re used to handling a wet football.  There’s been some crazy offensive performances in weather like that.

if it’s blizzard conditions though like the bills colts game and the bills browns game many years ago with wind and no visibility that heavily favors the defense. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.