I thought 10-3 would feel better...

Inigo Montoya

We have the best strength of victory in the league and have played one of the toughest schedules. I like where we are at. We all know what this team can do when the offense is on. They are winning games in other ways now. Just keep winning is all that matters. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Einstein said:

Same.

Glad we are 10-3 but the way we are winning does not feel satisfying at all.

Dropping passes, missing tackles, numerous holding penalties… just not what you want to see as we get closer to the playoffs.

None of this will fly or be sustainable once the playoffs start and everyone raises their level of play 5x.  We won't have the regular season luxury of missing tackles, committing penalties or dropping balls.

• Dislike 1

Does it feel any better now after Tua's 10-28 meltdown vs. a somewhat average Chargers team? Hard to win in this league, extremely hard to string 4 in a row together

18 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

Nothing really changed from last year. Its Chiefs, Bills, and Bengals at the top again.

Always annoying Baltimore still hanging out too. Agreed, will shake out roughly the same as least year

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

None of this will fly or be sustainable once the playoffs start and everyone raises their level of play 5x.  We won't have the regular season luxury of missing tackles, committing penalties or dropping balls.

So when the playoffs start, everyone is able to raise their level of play 5x, except the Bills? Who have beaten nearly every single team in current playoff standings? And who will possibly have the number 1 seed?

Everyone is going to be better in the playoffs, except us?

Your post literally doesn’t make sense. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, wagon127 said:

None of us have ever watched all 20 games that led to a particular teams super bowl. I bet if you did, you would find games like today. Just look at the rams game by game results from last year.

The 2012 or so Patriots broke a lot of brains. That run when it seemed like they were hanging 50 every week was the extreme outlier, but I think some still expect to see that from the Bills. There is no single dominant team anymore and there hasn't been for awhile.

4 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

KC took care of business on the road

4 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

What did the Bills do?  5 straight punts vs. NYJ and then when they could have closed out the game looked lost.

This is the final result, in order, of every Chiefs offensive possession starting from 3:30 left in the 2nd quarter:

Interception

Interception

Kneeldown to end the 1st half

Punt

Punt

Touchdown

Punt

Interception

The grass is always greener.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Watching CMC, thinking if the Bills had gotten him they be unstoppable this year. A great RB and a deadly passing game be a top 5 O of all time.  Mind you 10-3 isn’t shabby.. lol

10-3 with all our injuries and this team could still be 13-0 and Buffalo hasn't looked like themselves since KC week so just imagine how good this team can really be

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It's absolutely adorable so many fans think we can win playoff games like we won today. We will get destroyed if we can't run the ball nor protect our qb. 

Nobody cares about the doom and gloom angle. Some realize every week is self contained and the game plan is to do what's need to win that game. Not do what's needed to win a playoff game 4-6 weeks from now. 

7 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

After beating the Jets today the Bills are 10-3 and in the lead in the AFCE and sitting as the #1 seed in the AFC.  If you had taken a poll here at the start of the season and asked if we would take those stats heading into week 15 of the season, I think it would be 80/20 in favor of it.

Recognizing the Bills are sitting in a very good position right now, why does it feel like this has been a really rough season?

Maybe it's the constant parade of injuries?  The bad loses to the Phins, Jets, and Vikings?  Maybe the fact that we haven't seen the Bills' offense find that gear that they ended the season in last season?  Or maybe it's because the Bills have left themselves no room for error going forward if they want to win the division and the #1 seed?

I'm not complaining about where the BIlls are sitting at right now, I just imagined 10-3 would feel a whole lot better than it does. 

The number 1 reason you feel this way is because the record was expected. You expect them to handle everyone in their way. You expect Josh Allen to dominate every snap.

The season is a grind. This season has been the toughest that I can remember. Tough schedule and a target on the Bills back. Plus all the injuries. It’s been tough. 

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

After beating the Jets today the Bills are 10-3 and in the lead in the AFCE and sitting as the #1 seed in the AFC.  If you had taken a poll here at the start of the season and asked if we would take those stats heading into week 15 of the season, I think it would be 80/20 in favor of it.

Recognizing the Bills are sitting in a very good position right now, why does it feel like this has been a really rough season?

Maybe it's the constant parade of injuries?  The bad loses to the Phins, Jets, and Vikings?  Maybe the fact that we haven't seen the Bills' offense find that gear that they ended the season in last season?  Or maybe it's because the Bills have left themselves no room for error going forward if they want to win the division and the #1 seed?

I'm not complaining about where the BIlls are sitting at right now, I just imagined 10-3 would feel a whole lot better than it does. 

Inigo, you’ll feel a lot better after we punish the Fish in a cold, blistery Saturday night game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, KzooMike said:

You need lubrication

3 hours ago, Kenosha2Buffalo said:

Simply put, stfu

Thanks to both of you for your well reasoned and valuable contributions to the conversation.   You've made 12 year old's everywhere proud. 

🍻

11 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Inigo, you’ll feel a lot better after we punish the Fish in a cold, blistery Saturday night game.

It was nice to watch Tua fall apart last night.  He was 10/28 on pass attempts, not even 40%.  He couldn't hit anything.  Having that game in hand vs the Phins does brighten the outlook a bit.  Now the Bills just need to take care of business on Saturday.

• Agree 1

I don't know how many other teams get 10 and 3 with Bills fixtures. It's been playoff quality teams in almost every game. One of them under a glass roof that might as well have been played on the sun. PLUS the injuries. Including Allen's elbow.

For all the bleating, I think our men have stood up incredibly well. Turnovers have been highlighted and reduced. Run game is being stopped. Whenever a major problem has arisen it's been sorted quite quickly. Receivers are of course a problem. But we keep finding a way - and you can't ask for much more than that. 

I feel the champion is coming from the NFC this year. And nothing about the playoffs is going to be easy. But whoever said winning the big show was easy?  It needs earned, on and off the field. 

Edited by LondonBill
  • Like (+1) 2

I think we can all agree (except for the most ardent one's wearing rose coloured glasses) that the Bills have been no where close to their pre-season hype (and play through the KC game) since the bye.  

The offense has been off, bad in the redzone and Allen's only 300 yard game was vs. Minny (and that was only after blowing it) and then throwing for 69 yards the final two drives (to tie and then the terrible int).

But I still think they'll turn it on.

BTW I said the same thing after 7-6 last year.😉

Inigo, start a thread like this & expect childish responses and people pointing to 10-3 (which was the whole point of the thread😂).

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I think we can all agree (except for the most ardent one's wearing rose coloured glasses) that the Bills have been no where close to their pre-season hype (and play through the KC game) since the bye.  

The offense has been off, bad in the redzone and Allen's only 300 yard game was vs. Minny (and that was only after blowing it) and then throwing for 69 yards the final two drives (to tie and then the terrible int).

But I still think they'll turn it on.

BTW I said the same thing after 7-6 last year.😉

Inigo, start a thread like this & expect childish responses and people pointing to 10-3 (which was the whole point of the thread😂).

wearing rose colored glasses because they're satisfied with 10-3?

you're a real winner there, 1-9-7-2, a real winner.

as for your childish responses remark. you can take a long walk off a short cliff.

8 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Vomit 1

11 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

This team was the pre-season SB favourites.  After two weeks, 17-0 seemed doable as the Bills punter was the loneliest player in football.  A bad loss to Miami, but then even though they played bad, when push came to shove they beat Baltimore and then prior to the bye, really were the better team vs. KC.

Since the bye and halftime vs. GB they've sputtered. 

Take a look at SF & Philly this week.  KC took care of business on the road and Cincy controlled Cleveland.

What did the Bills do?  5 straight punts vs. NYJ and then when they could have closed out the game looked lost.

10-3 and still in the drivers seat, but no one is excited right now, which may not be a terrible thing.

How many times have us fans said "Next week"?     

Plenty here are very good at that!!!!!😉

KC got a scare from THE WIRST OFFENSE IN FOOTBALL. There was a legitimate chance Denver had in that game. The eagles have played absolutely no one this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

wearing rose colored glasses because they're satisfied with 10-3?

you're a real winner there, 1-9-7-2, a real winner.

as for your childish responses remark. you can take a long walk off a short cliff.

loser.

We all agree the Bills are 10-3.  So some of us are concerned they are not looking as dominant as expected and it has been a long time since they had a great game.

Is that really a reason to be so condescending?

8 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

KC got a scare from THE WIRST OFFENSE IN FOOTBALL. There was a legitimate chance Denver had in that game. The eagles have played absolutely no one this year. 

Denver has one of the best D's in football (maybe better then the Jets).  They have lost 8 one score games.  They were at home and yes their Offense, which is good on paper played well.  

BTW the Jets did beat Denver and Wilson did not play.  

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Vomit 1

Why I believe this is the wrong attitude:

- Expectations are out of whack. The league has a great deal of parity. 
- The Bills have played a very competitive schedule. All three division rivals are decent teams. No Brady-level Pats but the Bills also play a first place schedule.
- Even versus the “weakest” teams - Cleveland and Detroit were under trying circumstances and the Lions are now in the playoff hunt. To date, only the Steelers are a “bad” team and they aren’t really that bad. 
- The loss to the Jets doesn’t look too bad now (that D is no joke), the Vikings game was a series of flukes against a good team and the Miami game had the same dynamic. All lost by a combined 8 points.
- In 2020, the Bills were 10-3 but a game behind KC due to match up loss.  The Bills also played a weaker schedule.
- After Week 13, the Bills are three games better than last year, sitting as the #1 seed and control their own destiny. Per usual, the Chiefs are also 10-3 but have a much easier path to win out. Chiefs have also been blessed with a much weaker division (who saw that coming?) 

- The Bills haven’t blown the doors off consistently but all the pieces are in place. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

Why I believe this is the wrong attitude:

- Expectations are out of whack. The league has a great deal of parity. 
- The Bills have played a very competitive schedule. All three division rivals are decent teams. No Brady-level Pats but the Bills also play a first place schedule.
- Even versus the “weakest” teams - Cleveland and Detroit were under trying circumstances and the Lions are now in the playoff hunt. To date, only the Steelers are a “bad” team and they aren’t really that bad. 
- The loss to the Jets doesn’t look too bad now (that D is no joke), the Vikings game was a series of flukes against a good team and the Miami game had the same dynamic. All lost by a combined 8 points.
- In 2020, the Bills were 10-3 but a game behind KC due to match up loss.  The Bills also played a weaker schedule.
- After Week 13, the Bills are three games better than last year, sitting as the #1 seed and control their own destiny. Per usual, the Chiefs are also 10-3 but have a much easier path to win out. Chiefs have also been blessed with a much weaker division (who saw that coming?) 

- The Bills haven’t blown the doors off consistently but all the pieces are in place. 

And agree with all of that, but doesn't take away this team has seemed "off".

• Vomit 1

12 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Look at it this way- if not for those mistakes they might be 13-0

This. Three losses by a combined total of 8 points. 

We are moaning because we only beat a 7-5 (going into the game) football team who actually beat us a month ago by 8 points. 

Yes, there are some issues on the team. Find me a team in the NFL that doesn't have some by this stage. 

For the Bills to have survived some of the injuries they have survived this year and be 10-3 and holding the #1 seed as we stand is a really good effort from all concerned. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Part of me still feels like this team is fools gold…hopefully I’m wrong…

Until the hoist the Lombardi that splinter will be in my brain. Can't help it. 4 SB losses... But damn, if they can win that thing the demons will be exercised!

But at least we are on track! Better than the alternative!

Edited by NORWOODS FOOT

12 hours ago, DollaBills said:

It feels rough because we have situationally terrible 3rd down defense 

And a dingus for an OC who has the best QB in the league with the 3rd best WR in league and still sputters on offense.  For example, Q Williams goes down and we do nothing to exploit it.  Settling for FGs would have cost us the game against a Mike White with ribs.  I guess he is who he is, a first year OC.

• Like (+1) 1

Most of us just witnessed an entire generation of stumblebums, misfits and substandard clowns @ 1BD!
HCes who were impossibly 4th and stupid- who couldn’t manage an in game decision properly if they only had a single choice!

Clueless GMs who were chosen because they were the only geriatric known to the geriatric owner! And those who unfailingly whiffed on critical #1 picks and never picked a QB who could win more games than he lost.

And here we are at 10-3, grinding down to the first #1 Seed in 30 years and people are winging on about… WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?

Amazing isn’t it?

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, HappyDays said:

This is the final result, in order, of every Chiefs offensive possession starting from 3:30 left in the 2nd quarter:

Interception

Interception

Kneeldown to end the 1st half

Punt

Punt

Touchdown

Punt

Interception

The grass is always greener.

They were no-look interceptions though.  How cool is that? 

10-3 is where we are, the Bills control their destiny, the rest is just football and hoping for good performance and some good luck.  

27 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Denver has one of the best D's in football (maybe better then the Jets).  They have lost 8 one score games.  They were at home and yes their Offense, which is good on paper played well.  

Are you seriously talking up Denver, a 3-10 team so KC’s win looks better?  Denver is an awful, awful team.  The offense is averaging 14 points a game.

You criticize the Bills for barely beating the Lions (true road game) and Browns but you state “KC took care if business on the road” and then talk up Denver.  

Straight up question.  Better road win.  Bills at Lions or KC at Denver?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And agree with all of that, but doesn't take away this team has seemed "off".

I think this is where you and the OP get caught up and lost. You keep focusing on this subjective "off". What is "on"? Weeks 1-2? It's impossible for any team to go through a season blowing the doors off opponents. And i'm also sure that when you use the word "off" you're referring to Josh Allen and the offense, and not the team. The defense has stepped it up in the last few games, despite all of their injuries. 

Ultimately, it seems you have this standard in your head of what the offense should look like every single week and without asking, i'm guessing that standard is Allen has to throw for 300+yds/game, and 3 total touchdowns; the offense must score approx 30pts/game. Anything less than that and i'm sure they'll continue to look "off".

Objectively, we rank 2nd in total yards, and 4th in points per game on offense. On defense we rank 9th in yds/game and 2nd in points per game. So objectively, by actual metrics, we have a top 5 offense and a top 5 defense. Oh yeh, and this little thing:  WE ARE 10-3. We have also beaten every other division leader in the AFC.

In short, it's a you problem. 

16 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Are you seriously talking up Denver, a 3-10 team so KC’s win looks better?  Denver is an awful, awful team.  The offense is averaging 14 points a game.

You criticize the Bills for barely beating the Lions (true road game) and Browns but you state “KC took care if business on the road” and then talk up Denver.  

Straight up question.  Better road win.  Bills at Lions or KC at Denver?

I simply pointed out a division rival, a defense as good as the Jets who have lost 8 one score games (two in OT).  Mahomes I think was the first QB to throw 300 yards vs. them too.

In retrospect the Detroit win was better then it looked (and still the Bills did not play well that game).

We all want the Bills to win the SB.  To point out they look off is a fact.

51 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

We all agree the Bills are 10-3.  So some of us are concerned they are not looking as dominant as expected and it has been a long time since they had a great game.

Is that really a reason to be so condescending?

You continue to make excuses for the other teams. Denver has a good offense on paper? Cool, how well he that worked out for them this year. The Bills beat a better team yesterday by more than the Chiefs did but you fail to acknowledge that. Do we all want to see every game like the Titans or Steelers games, of course, but that’s not reality. 

Yes the Bills have things to fix, but so does every team. It’s fine to be critical, but some of your arguments are nonsensical. I don’t care at all if they don’t ply to their potential as long as at the end of the game the Bills have more points than their opponent 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.