NFL Week #14 - Jets at Bills - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

5 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Yeah because the Chiefs scratching and clawing against the LV Raiders makes them not a super bowl contender. They better straighten there ***** out too 😂

Division games are tough. We've routed the AFC East the last 2 years, we are bound to drop a couple some years.

2 years ago don't mean a damn thing.  

9 minutes ago, Toledo Bill said:

Disappointing for a “revenge” game. Are the Jets better than expected or are we just a little overrated? 
Happy with a win it just doesn’t seem like we are very sharp for late in the season.

The Jets are tough team, with a lot of young talent. That was a good win for the  Bills

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I completely disagree. The throw on first down where Knox dropped the ball and moseley knocked it out was a perfect call. Need the players to execute it properly 

Totally agree. Josh underthrew it a little, and while it was a catchable ball, it allowed Moseley to recover and make the play. That wasn’t a drop; it was a great defensive play by an elite and strong defender.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Interesting phrasing. When Josh feels he's responsible, he calls himself out straight away. "We" signifies he believes the issue goes beyond him and, despite my criticism as I think he had his struggles today, I also think he's right.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

Why the heck did they keep putting him back?

Both Dolphins and Jets with the mindset of beating the Bills being more important than protecting their players.

That kid is tough.  I would not want to look at him with his shirt off tomorrow.  Can you imagine how bruised that guy is going to be?

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, FLFan said:

The defense was tremendous today.  I thought Allen played a great game while having multiple big plays dropped by his receivers.  Solid win against a quality opponent.  Pretender number 3 in the AFCE goes down next week.  That game will not be close.  

If the recieivers just made catches they should have made we would have had 30 at least.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Happy with a win , but today again, made me question our support guys; Davis, Knox, Mckittrick.....just dreadful. 

Knox gets the nid for the nails TD, but he's just a rotational TE#2 for me. Getting paid too much. 

Defense nails...great game. 

Allen played awesome today....receivers just can't handle. 

Dorsey needed more early runs. Adjust to rain and weather. Need more runs and screens. Too much daggone empty sets. 

Give me this weather again next week. Tua will cry...

Defense would've been great with better tackling, coverage skills were not good either. Tua will kill us if we play like that next week.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I completely disagree. The throw on first down where Knox dropped the ball and moseley knocked it out was a perfect call. Need the players to execute it properly 

No issue with that.  We weren’t going to be able to run it on them to end it. 

Allen just got too safe with the throw and allowed the defender to make a play.  

What drove me crazy was the fact we couldn’t run outside against their wide nine defense all day, yet in two big moments, Dorsey runs QB power outside. 

That said, players aren’t executing.  Way too many drops in big moments…. MCKENZIE. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

Why the heck did they keep putting him back?

Both Dolphins and Jets with the mindset of beating the Bills being more important than protecting their players.

Because a head injury with Tua is not the same as ribs with White and you saw what they did with Flacco in there. Nothing.

Just now, dave mcbride said:

Totally agree. Josh underthrew it a little, and while it was a catchable ball, it allowed Moseley to recover and make the play. That wasn’t a drop; it was a grewt defensive play by an elite and strong defender.

Your guys have to make those 50/50 type plays once in awhile though and ours never do.  You’re not gonna get an absolutely perfect laser beam every throw and our guys can’t even catch those types of passes with regularity 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

That kid is tough.  I would not want to look at him with his shirt off tomorrow.  Can you imagine how bruised that guy is going to be?

I can't imagine trying to sleep tonight once that injection wears off. Dude is going to have some restless nights. His girlfriend/wife might want to sleep in the guest room this week unless she wants to be up all night.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

Just now, Gambit said:

He had some pretty damn good passes down the field.

You can see the limitations to his natural talent, but I think he is a notch up on your typical game manager.

He's pretty solid and I would play him the rest of the year if I'm the Jets.

• Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.