NFL Week #14 - Jets at Bills - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

9 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It was a W that felt like a loss. That first half was some of the worst offensive football this team has played in 5 years.

You know what - we win the Super Bowl 20-12 or for that matter 2-0, I’ll take it. You can complain about it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So I guess I should have a rabbit's foot for luck now? What happened to our dominant football team?

It's NFL football, the Jets are a good team. Cold and wet doesn't really let explosive offenses shine.

In all reality though these are the kind of games you want to win. We would have been more likely to lose a tough fought game like this last year.

55 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Big difference between this game and past games where the offense wasn’t clicking. Josh Allen 2 TDs and zero turnovers.

He played within himself, didn’t force it, and we got the dub.

Great point. You'll win a lot of football games if you have zero turnovers, make every FG, and punt well. It's boring but it gets the job done.

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

We're capable of better than that. Much better. And if we play like that next week... ouch.

You do realize Jets D is ton better than Miami D. You do realize Miami is playing tonight on the west coast and has to come to Buffalo on a short we’ll. You can whine, I like our chances 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Joe Ferguson said:

Bills had 10 days to prepare and we see this dog turd of a game? BIlls might lose to the Bengals or Dophins. No way we get the #1 seed while KC has bye week games the rest of the year.

Too many people on this board with the same shtick after a win, please be original if you're going to troll.

• Like (+1) 5

Sloppy at times but no turnovers, pretty much no injuries on our side (which is huge!), and we won by 8 (partially due to prevent/conservative play calling at the end).  Defense made tons of plays and literally beat the crap out of White (and frankly kudos to him - took a lot and kept playing - I'd take him as a backup any day).  Josh's numbers look worse b/c of some drops and maybe a pass or two impacted by the weather.  Objectively, a fairly solid win all around. 

1 minute ago, Turbo44 said:

You do realize Jets D is ton better than Miami D. You do realize Miami is playing tonight on the west coast and has to come to Buffalo on a short we’ll. You can whine, I like our chances 

Hope you're right.

I'm hoping for a Chargers win tonight, to buy us some breathing space.

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

McKenzie had 4 alone. I think Knox had 2, and that’s not counting the pass on that last drive, which was a good play by Mosley. Singletary dropped one that probably would have taken away the safety, as it would have moved the ball out and given a 3rd and short.

This is not possible. He had 3 incompletions all game, 1 of them didn't count due to Jets penalty.

So he had 3. But I think they were all drops, so you were close.

45 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I'm flummoxed by the defense, they play almost exclusively zone and the always struggle in third and long 

I think if you react at the D in the moment it seems worse than it is. 
I’ll say this: this years D is much better than last years. The O is worse. Much much worse. 

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Our defense stiffened up when it needed to. And yet White made more better plays than the Bills did. The Bills played like they had no idea.

Mike White proved to me he is a stud.  He put it all on the line knowing his team needed this win.

It was pretty much a season "must win" game for the Jets.

Sometimes I have to look at the other team's situation and not just from the point of view of a Bills fan.

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The one route I saw John Brown run he definitely still has the smoke. He’s going to be huge down the stretch.

If he learns how to hang on to the ball.  He beat Gardiner cleanly and then bobbled it allowing Gardiner to make a play.  He was no5 the only one today, but we cannot  have that.  

13 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I used to think this place was unbearable after losses. Now Bills Mafia is miserable after wins. Enjoy the wins!! 

Thank you!  The Bills won!  And we’re going to get another week of pissing and moaning about how bad the team is. 

Granted...  this was the definition of an   Ugly win.  Look at the stats and the Jets O outplayed ours all game. But we scored and made the plays when we had to!   That’s what champion caliber teams do!

Yeah, they had entirely too many drops.   Our WRs seemingly never make the tough, contested catch; while each week Jackson is giving up circus catches.  Its odd!    

There’s a lot to clean up. Players need to get healthy.  The O needs to get in sync.  But we’re 10-3!! Beat a solid team. And grinding out tough wins.    Gotta love it.

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Mike White proved to me he is a stud.  He put it all on the line knowing his team needed this win.

It was pretty much a season "must win" game for the Jets.

Sometimes I have to look at the other team's situation and not just from the point of view of a Bills fan.

Allen won us the game with his scoring drives and the defense put it away. Also special teams, despite the blocked punt, were outstanding. But it was scary with only 20 points at the end because the Jets kept making plays.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

I think if you react at the D in the moment it seems worse than it is. 
I’ll say this: this years D is much better than last years. The O is worse. Much much worse. 

Don’t you remember the offense vs Atlanta, NYJ, Jax and NE last year? Short memory. We were at 7-6 at this point last year not 10-3. So I suggest you go back and rewatch some games. D is better but O is definitely not worse

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

The only thing with the offense is we looked poor at the Jets then put 30 on Minnesota (ok, we lost, but 30 is more than credible), 31 on Cleveland and 28 on Detroit. And I do think people are right when they say the Jets defensive scheme is our kryptonite at the moment as they also have the players to pull it off.

Just now, Turbo44 said:

Don’t you remember the offense vs Atlanta, NYJ, Jax and NE last year? Short memory. We were at 7-6 at this point last year not 10-3. So I suggest you go back and rewatch some games. D is better but O is definitely not worse

It actually reminded me of the Atlanta game with the snow 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

Thank you!  The Bills won!  And we’re going to get another week of pissing and moaning about how bad the team is. 

Granted...  this was the definition of an   Ugly win.  Look at the stats and the Jets O outplayed ours all game. But we scored and made the plays when we had to!   That’s what champion caliber teams do!

Yeah, they had entirely too many drops.   Our WRs seemingly never make the tough, contested catch; while each week Jackson is giving up circus catches.  Its odd!    

There’s a lot to clean up. Players need to get healthy.  The O needs to get in sync.  But we’re 10-3!! Beat a solid team. And grinding out tough wins.    Gotta love it.

No one is miserable about winning. We’re looking ahead to when games will matter and seeing that our recent play won’t cut it. Glad we won today but Josh throwing under 200 yards isn’t going to cut it. 

Edited by quinnearlysghost88
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Let me clarify. I meant the O is playing worse than they have been this year. 

2 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

We still scored 29 against the Falcons and 27 versus the Jets. Add the Colts and the Steelers to the Jaguars and the Patriots (wind game), though.

1 minute ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

No one is miserable about winning. We’re looking ahead to when games will matter and seeing that our recent play won’t cut it. Glad we won today but Josh throwing under 200 yards isn’t going to cut it. 

One game does not foretell the performance in another. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

Too many people on this board with the same shtick after a win, please be original if you're going to troll.

Agreed - why bother even watching the Miami and be Bengals game cuz we have no chance.

a lot of spoiled brats on this board with limited football knowledge. UK is probably irrational cuz Kane missed

tje penalty kick 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Allen won us the game with his scoring drives and the defense put it away. Also special teams, despite the blocked punt, were outstanding. But it was scary with only 20 points at the end because the Jets kept making plays.

The Jets played a tough hard football game knowing their season could be on the line.

The Bills are a better team and eventually won the game.

It was a hell of a game.

Just now, quinnearlysghost88 said:

No one is miserable about winning. We’re looking ahead to when games will matter and seeing that our recent place won’t cut it. Glad we won today but Josh throwing under 200 yards isn’t going to cut it. 

Bad take, this game mattered, a division game always matters.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.