NFL Week #14 - Jets at Bills - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

I'm usually a level head person but there is something about this team that drives me absolutely crazy to watch.   There seems to be a complete lack of fire on offense.  So many players on the team I'd rather never watch again.

Gabe Davis, Mckenzie, Dane Jackson, Spencer Brown, Rodger Saffold just guys that should be down a slot on the depth chart or off the roster completely having to start.    Even to the point with Tre White where I'd rather not watch the guy.

The Bills have spent a lot of time and money and I think the Super Bowl opportunity was blown last year.  Feel like its going to take a lot for them to beat KC, Cincinnati or even Miami.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Mike White proved to me he is a stud.  He put it all on the line knowing his team needed this win.

It was pretty much a season "must win" game for the Jets.

Sometimes I have to look at the other team's situation and not just from the point of view of a Bills fan.

Gutsy but 0 passing tds in the last 2 games. Granted, he’s better than Zach Wilson but this league is about scoring

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BlazinBill said:

I love the Bills and I ride the waves in wins and losses too but seriously some of you on here are just straight ***** - I swear fantasy football has ruined the game - it's not always pretty, especially against division opponents - just stop 10-3 is 10&3- 

I hate fantasy football so much it's crazy 

• Agree 1

In previous seasons, when teams tried playing this soft cover 2 zone against the Bills, the answer had always been the slot receiver Beasley finding the soft spots and seams. In fact, I think those were some of his biggest games. 

Whackadoodle or not, the Bills miss that kind of guy in the lineup. I think they were hoping the answer was Crowder with Shakir learning from the sidelines...but thats just not an option right now..and it shows.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I used to think this place was unbearable after losses. Now Bills Mafia is miserable after wins. Enjoy the wins!! 

Sadly, it is largely unbearable most of the time now, but especially right after games.  We have been invaded by an army of bandwagon fans that do not have a clue, plus the usual contingent of posters who are just miserable.  Enjoy the ride, or what’s the point.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Don’t you remember the offense vs Atlanta, NYJ, Jax and NE last year? Short memory. We were at 7-6 at this point last year not 10-3. So I suggest you go back and rewatch some games. D is better but O is definitely not worse

Weren't we playing a much weaker schedule on top of it? I think I saw we've had the 2nd toughest schedule thus far this season? 

It's always possible I made up that last stat but I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere ...

Edit: thought I quoted the guy that challenged this post. 

Edited by LVGrown

1 minute ago, Turbo44 said:

Gutsy but 0 passing tds in the last 2 games. Granted, he’s better than Zach Wilson but this league is about scoring

Everyone is missing my point which seems so apparent.

Mike White coming back in to play kept the Jets players hopes up and they kept the game close enough to have a chance

right to the end.

If he didn't come back in does anyone think Flacco would have done that?

4 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I'm usually a level head person but there is something about this team that drives me absolutely crazy to watch.   There seems to be a complete lack of fire on offense.  So many players on the team I'd rather never watch again.

Gabe Davis, Mckenzie, Dane Jackson, Spencer Brown, Rodger Saffold just guys that should be down a slot on the depth chart or off the roster completely having to start.    Even to the point with Tre White where I'd rather not watch the guy.

The Bills have spent a lot of time and money and I think the Super Bowl opportunity was blown last year.  Feel like its going to take a lot for them to beat KC, Cincinnati or even Miami.

Then don’t watch

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Thank you!  The Bills won!  And we’re going to get another week of pissing and moaning about how bad the team is. 

Granted...  this was the definition of an   Ugly win.  Look at the stats and the Jets O outplayed ours all game. But we scored and made the plays when we had to!   That’s what champion caliber teams do!

Yeah, they had entirely too many drops.   Our WRs seemingly never make the tough, contested catch; while each week Jackson is giving up circus catches.  Its odd!    

There’s a lot to clean up. Players need to get healthy.  The O needs to get in sync.  But we’re 10-3!! Beat a solid team. And grinding out tough wins.    Gotta love it.

Love the win and wins. No doubt about that. However, they do come with a bit of disappointment. Maybe I'm placing too much expectation on the team. I see a team that has gut out difficult wins game after game even vs less than good teams. Each week seems like a dog fight to win. I see a struggling offense with a lack of identity, weapons, and consistency. Lastly, I'm not sure how this defense holds up to explosive elite offenses. The Miami game will let us know if this team is a pretender or contender sort of speak. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

In previous seasons, when teams tried playing this soft cover 2 zone against the Bills, the answer had always been the slot receiver Beasley finding the soft spots and seams. In fact, I think those were some of his biggest games. 

Whackadoodle or not, the Bills miss that kind of guy in the lineup. I think they were hoping the answer was Crowder with Shakir learning from the sidelines...but thats just not an option right now..and it shows.

Agreed.  That was supposed to be Crowder, but unfortunately he was hurt.  MacKenzie was never going to be that guy, and unsurprisingly, the 5th round draft choice is not up to it yet.  It is a problem.  The running backs have simply not been able to take up the slack.  

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

Mike White coming back in to play kept the Jets players hopes up and they kept the game close enough to have a chance

right to the end.

What lose the game 20-12, sure flacco could have done that

Divisional games are always tough!

The weather was atrocious at the start of the game. Neither offense could do anything until that rain/sleet turned to snow just before halftime. Don't know how folks aren't taking that into account.

The Jets have become a very good team. They have a lot of talent. They have a top defense.

It was a GOOD win folks!

Yes, there were too many drops, I would have liked Dorsey to use the run game more (but Jets are solid up front, so maybe they weren't feeling confident in it), and outside of the shot play to Dawson, I wasn't thrilled with the play calling on the last two drives, but I'm not going to feel bad about this one. They did what they needed to do. And once the Bills answered the Jets TD early in the 2nd half, the game was never really in doubt after that (except through our nervous, waiting for the 2nd shoe to drop, Bills-fans mentality).

Still own 1st place in the division and conference. Team is getting healthier. Stop worrying so much everyone. It's the NFL. No one has blowout wins consistently. We are right where we need to be.

Let's Go Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

I hate fantasy football so much it's crazy 

I quit it a few years ago. I miss absolutely ZERO about i, especially the clowns on Monday morning at the water cooler telling me what they need to happen on Monday in order to win or who “screwed them” on Sunday. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

Gave up 12 (10, actually) points and beat the living hell out of the opposing QB.

Corners gave up a few catches? It's going to happen.

Great all-around defensive effort.

Agreed.

I did not like the 3rd down conversions, but it was clear that Frazier was willing to give up those outside throws to the flat but take away anything deeper. When he gambled with the extra rusher they often got home.

Dane plays better in zone with the receivers in front of him and where he can track the ball.

1 minute ago, BillzFreak said:

But a win is a win, if we were to beat KC in the playoffs with a game like today would you come on here and say you're concerned. Can you at least answer me that?

If we keep Mahomes and co to 12 points I'd be stunned. Happy (as long as we scored at least 13) but stunned.

The drops have to stop!  About five or six again today that absolutely killed the offense’s momentum.

When do we think Crowder can be back?

Loved the physicality of punishing Mike White after he went down.  All of the hits were textbook clean as well.

No turnovers!  It was ugly but a much needed W.  Keep the train rolling.

Go Bills!  17 and 3, BABY!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

You have to admit we’ve been off since GB. This isn’t a one game thing. 

I would say inconsistent.   But since GB, they scored:

20 today. 

Its hard to find too much fault with that production.  The 17 and 20 point games - against the Jets - are the outliers more than the rule.    Yeah, i think they need to get in sync and stop dropping passes.  They need a dependable slot guy. But,  I’ll take 4+scores on average every week. 

6 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

right to the end.

He came back and led the Jets offense to 3 points.

He then did nothing with a 2 min drill and a timeout. His last 3 passes were incomplete.

I’m sure Joe Flacco could have done that.

Was it gutsy he came back after taking those shots? Sure. Did he make a couple nice throws? Sure. He’s also responsible for a Jets offense that scored 10 points and hasn’t thrown a TD in 2 weeks. 

Edited by Wayne Cubed

I will always take the Dub. 

Offense - Allen made the plays that were needed.  Good game by Knox.  Would like to see more Diggs and Davis.  Would really like to see this team run better.   It will be needed for home games.   Gotta do better closing out games by getting first downs. Jets DL was tough to handle.  

ST - Bass made some big kicks in the rain.  Punt block was disappointing.   

Defense - another fine job overall.  Milano was huge again.  Lots of people complaining about 3rd and long but the bottom line is they gave up only 10 points and got a few big turnovers too.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, BillzFreak said:

But would you be concerned about the offense?

If it was the Super Bowl, then no, the win is the most important thing. Obviously we wouldn't be facing the Chiefs in the SB so, if we had limped through, offense wise, and still had a game or more to go then, yes, I'd probably be slightly concerned whether we had enough to win the final prize.

36 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Our offense has real issues, mainly the OLine and WRs not named Diggs. But the reaction to today's offensive performance is off the mark. It was a sneaky good game from Allen in those conditions. If the many drops we're even cut in half...I guess maybe im saying it was a good Allen performance than it was a good offensive performance. 

Saffold. Blegh. 

Spot on.  

I’m stunned how bad Spencer Brown is in pass pro

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

I will always take the Dub. 

Offense - Allen made the plays that were needed.  Good game by Knox.  Would like to see more Diggs and Davis.  Would really like to see this team run better.   It will be needed for home games.   Gotta do better closing out games by getting first downs. Jets DL was tough to handle.  

ST - Bass made some big kicks in the rain.  Punt block was disappointing.   

Defense - another fine job overall.  Milano was huge again.  Lots of people complaining about 3rd and long but the bottom line is they gave up only 10 points and got a few big turnovers too.  

Agreed on everything except Diggs.  He warrants enough to have a non breakout game.  We need production from the other droppers

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

If it was the Super Bowl, then no, the win is the most important thing. Obviously we wouldn't be facing the Chiefs in the SB so, if we had limped through, offense wise, and still had a game or more to go then, yes, I'd probably be slightly concerned whether we had enough to win the final prize.

Im worried about the offensive firepower, despite the QB. Outside of Diggs, there is nothing really exciting there

8 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Love the win and wins. No doubt about that. However, they do come with a bit of disappointment. Maybe I'm placing too much expectation on the team. I see a team that has gut out difficult wins game after game even vs less than good teams. Each week seems like a dog fight to win. I see a struggling offense with a lack of identity, weapons, and consistency. Lastly, I'm not sure how this defense holds up to explosive elite offenses. The Miami game will let us know if this team is a pretender or contender sort of speak. 

We’re playing a tough schedule and I think many of the teams are better than we want to think. The Jets?  The Lions?  The Vikings?  Next the Dolphins.. none of these are easy teams to beat.   So, I agree, its been a lot of difficult wins against good teams.  I’ll take it. 

I get critical review of the game. But what does get old is when players are called out as garbage and the hyperbole despite the win.   If you read some posts, without knowing the score, you’d think we lost the last 4 games.   So i guess perspective is missing by some?  

next week is huge!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.