NFL Week #14 - Jets at Bills - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, ArtVandalay said:

Dirty win, I'll take it. We almost got swept by the Jets, competely outcoached vs them. That's a team we should be putting the screws to and we scratch and clawed to avoid a sweep. 

Team has a lot to straighten out to be a serious super bowl contender. 

Yeah because the Chiefs scratching and clawing against the LV Raiders makes them not a super bowl contender. They better straighten there ***** out too 😂

Division games are tough. We've routed the AFC East the last 2 years, we are bound to drop a couple some years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

All that matters are wins this time of the year. A much improved Jets team in bad weather. Take em and move on. We're 10-3 and have beaten two divisional rivals in a row and 5 in a row. The offense has to click better next week.

I would say the defense better come to play. Missed tackles against the Dolphins is unacceptable. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just have to keep building and take wins no matter what it looks like. Definitely still aggravating to watch this 3rd down defense. Wish we would blitz more but this is what we are. The offense was off all day. Hope it was just a rough day due to weather. Got to get Dane off the field, idk how Elam or Rhodes aren’t better. Still, got the W. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

Tough game.  Two great defenses and the elements helped even it out for the Jets. 

We HAVE GOT TO figure out how to put teams away.  

So many familiar mistakes with such cute play-calling (which is fine when it works… sorry, Dorsey, hasn’t been working for you)… they have to be better on offense.  

The passing offense has been unacceptably mediocre for far too long now.  

Four more games to figure out who they can trust doing what on offense before it gets real. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 5

Happy with a win , but today again, made me question our support guys; Davis, Knox, Mckittrick.....just dreadful. 

Knox gets the nid for the nails TD, but he's just a rotational TE#2 for me. Getting paid too much. 

Defense nails...great game. 

Allen played awesome today....receivers just can't handle. 

Dorsey needed more early runs. Adjust to rain and weather. Need more runs and screens. Too much daggone empty sets. 

Give me this weather again next week. Tua will cry...

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

The defense was tremendous today.  I thought Allen played a great game while having multiple big plays dropped by his receivers.  Solid win against a quality opponent.  Pretender number 3 in the AFCE goes down next week.  That game will not be close.  

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Championship teams win ugly games.  This was ugly.

Good to see the Bills win some defensive slobberknockers.

Rousseau/ Milano/ Epenessa/ Hamlin/ Oliver all made plays.

Good to see some high draft picks paying dividends.

10-3, still in control of the AFC. I'll take it.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The reason this game was remotely close is that the Jets skill position players caught every pass including a few tough catches, while our skill position players flubbed a lot of easy catches and had zero tough catches. That single issue made the offense look a worse than it really was. It's hard to move the ball against a really good defense when you keep shooting yourself in the foot.

Also once they finally got things going they switched to try and burn clock and once the Jets knew we were running we didn't go anywhere.

4 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Dorsey and his playcalling has been pretty bad all season. But today was particularly bad on those last drives before the 2 minute warning

i hate how quickly we abandon the run in general. Especially in a game like this

I completely disagree. The throw on first down where Knox dropped the ball and moseley knocked it out was a perfect call. Need the players to execute it properly 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 13
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ganesh said:

White did look slow and couldn't cover Wilson for most of the day

Yes I noticed that very much. Obviously not even close to pre injury.  We shall see how he comes along.  Next week HUGE test. And if it's Dane starting again?? We'll need 35

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The reason this game was remotely close is that the Jets skill position players caught every pass including a few tough catches, while our skill position players flubbed a lot of easy catches and had zero tough catches. That single issue made the offense look a worse than it really was. It's hard to move the ball against a really good defense when you keep shooting yourself in the foot.

Yup, McKenzie had 4 dropped passes by my count and Knox had 2. Add the Singletary drop on 2nd down, that probably would have saved the safety and this game was closer than it needed to be.

That was A LOT of sloppy football by the Bills so I’ll take the win. I don’t love coming off another “bye” the Bills didn’t look sharp. Kudos to the defense for stepping up.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Right and it was everyone Allen toss the ball too. It was a rough day. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.