Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

When Allen missed 4 weeks in 2018 from UCL, he was in significant pain on sideline and had immediately come out of the game. He actually dropped to knee on sideline if I remember. 

This time, he grabs/massages arm for a moment then uncorks a 70 yard pass. Hopefully it’s a level 1 tweak

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

It seems watching a couple medical opinions that the Bills avoided a level 3 sprain and that would have been surgery as Josh would never have been able to throw his last pass 70 yards if he did as it would have been kinda a lame duck throw do to the nerves. 

So it’s either a level 1 or 2. If it’s 2 he’s probably shut down for 2-4 games and likely plays after Thanksgiving. 

If it’s level 1 he could literally play on Sunday. 
And now you know. 

Just talked to my brother who is a physical therapist and he said the same thing.  

He’d be shocked if it’s anything more than a couple games, given the mere fact he was physically capable, post injury, of throwing that last pass 70 yards. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

When Allen missed 4 weeks in 2018 from UCL, he was in significant pain on sideline and had immediately come out of the game.

This time, he grabs/massages arm for a moment then uncorks a 70 yard pass

Agree.  Our favorite reporter (Thad Brown 👎) wrote an article in 2018 discussing what is called a "milking test". 

Basically a very quick test on the UCL, when the UCL is sprained badly or torn it will induce quite a bit of pain.  I'd assume the trainers did during the Jets timeout yesterday, or something more than Josh just saying he's ok to return.

4 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Agree.  Our favorite reporter (Thad Brown 👎) wrote an article in 2018 discussing what is called a "milking test". 

Basically a very quick test on the UCL, when the UCL is sprained badly or torn it will induce quite a bit of pain.  I'd assume the trainers did during the Jets timeout yesterday, or something more than Josh just saying he's ok to return.

A milking test sounds like fun👍🏽

• Haha (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Josh Milk $6.30 a gallon. 

• Haha (+1) 2

It's starting to feel like all the negative hype created by Cover 1 and a couple WGR people was just because they heard Josh was getting testing done on the UCL. If that's all they heard and they used it to create cryptic pessimistic BS online I will never post them on this site again. If they want to be more than a Mickey Mouse operation they need to have better standards than that.

The upside is usually if I heard Allen was going to miss one game or more I would be freaking out, but now that my mind had drifted towards season-ending injury territory anything less than that will feel like good news.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Buffalo619 said:

We can’t afford Josh to miss any games. Play him. It’s worth the risk, if there is one. 

That is a very shortsighted view of the situation there is a reason why we have a back up QB on the team who could maybe win one out of three games yes and that is if Josh can injure it worse by playing then he should be shut down for the week because there is a lot of season left

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It's starting to feel like all the negative hype created by Cover 1 and a couple WGR people was just because they heard Josh was getting testing done on the UCL. If that's all they heard and they used it to create cryptic pessimistic BS online I will never post them on this site again. If they want to be more than a Mickey Mouse operation they need to have better standards than that.

The upside is usually if I heard Allen was going to miss one game or more I would be freaking out, but now that my mind had drafted towards season-ending injury territory anything less than that will feel like good news.

It was trending nationwide on Twitter.  

One of the top 3 faces of the NFL getting tests done on his throwing elbow is going to take on a life of its own. 

But yea … the cryptic stuff from Nate Geary and others was definitely the genesis for the panic here.  

The national reporters are all stating tests being done, some uncertainty, but so far no cause for long term concern.  (Knock on wood) 

48 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

2-2 in the next 4 and we are going to KC in the playoffs again and you can probably forget it. How many years are we just going to keep pissing away? Nobody is getting any younger here. We need the 1 seed. If Josh can play, he needs to be out there. Nothing down the road is given. You need to try and cash in when you have the chance 

Nothing we can do if Allen is hurt and can’t play. Just need Case to hold down the fort. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Nothing we can do if Allen is hurt and can’t play. Just need Case to hold down the fort. 

If he can’t play he can’t play. But if he can play and is just managing pain and is 65% of his usual self, I still want him out there. A defense will absolutely stifle us with zero run game and 1 threat at WR. Keanum caught lightning in a bottle 1 year but usually he sucks. We can’t afford to keep losing these games we need the 1 seed. With Josh in there defense still have to respect the threat of big time throws and runs from him. We are not a team built to succeed with a back up we can’t even run the ball against light boxes. What do you think that looks like when the big arm QB comes out? We’ll be lucky to score 10 points

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo619 said:

Our entire team rides on JAs shoulders. We are not good without him.  He must play or our season is down the drain. Goal is home field advantage throughout the playoffs. We cannot afford another loss. Have him practice this week, then play him as normal. 

You’re not thinking this through if a weeks worth the rest gets him back into form we have to take that chance you cannot have an injured QB going the rest of the season because then we’re going to end up losing anyway the injury will get worse and will be right back with the back up QB we are currently six and two we built a half game lead Over playoff challengers and we’re going to have the opportunity down the road to avenge are in division losses

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If he can’t play he can’t play. But if he can play and is just managing pain and is 65% of his usual self, I still want him out there. A defense will absolutely stifle us with zero run game and 1 threat at WR. Keanum caught lightning in a bottle 1 year but usually he sucks. We can’t afford to keep losing these games we need the 1 seed. With Josh in there defense still have to respect the threat of big time throws and runs from him. We are not a team built to succeed with a back up we can’t even run the ball against light boxes. What do you think that looks like when the big arm QB comes out? We’ll be lucky to score 10 points

Josh Allen is our greatest asset you don’t throw them on the field at 65%

16 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The upside is usually if I heard Allen was going to miss one game or more I would be freaking out, but now that my mind had drafted towards season-ending injury territory anything less than that will feel like good news.

I got a lot of love for the Cover1 boys but they may have stepped in it badly on this one.

I can’t read this thread anymore lol I tried to work through the 30 plus pages but my god people I cannot believe how much free time some of you bums have to sit around and over analyze a tweet from a guy who might know things but likely doesn’t know squat.

It’s like a bunch of middle school girls with some of you! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

You’re not thinking this through if a weeks worth the rest gets him back into form we have to take that chance you cannot have an injured QB going the rest of the season because then we’re going to end up losing anyway the injury will get worse and will be right back with the back up QB we are currently six and two we built a half game lead Over playoff challengers and we’re going to have the opportunity down the road to avenge are in division losses

Josh Allen is our greatest asset you don’t throw them on the field at 65%

We need to win games. Nothing in the future is guaranteed. The time to win a championship is now. If there’s serious risk of making the injury worse then fine. Don’t be dumb. But you can’t just keep writing these games and seasons off. You might never get back. People are way too patient in a league where everything can change In a minute. You have to try and cash in on one of these seasons. Nobody is getting younger. If he can play, he needs to play. We aren’t moving the ball on anyone with a noodle arm journeyman backup that can’t hurt you with his legs. The Vikings are 7-1. We are going to have a hard enough time with Allen. You can’t just keep running backups out thinking we can hold serve. The chiefs aren’t going to lose. You blew the cushion with the inexcusable jet loss. Now you have to treat every game like the playoffs because if we go to KC in the playoffs we are toast

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It was trending nationwide on Twitter.  

One of the top 3 faces of the NFL getting tests done on his throwing elbow is going to take on a life of its own. 

But yea … the cryptic stuff from Nate Geary and others was definitely the genesis for the panic here.  

The national reporters are all stating tests being done, some uncertainty, but so far no cause for long term concern.  (Knock on wood) 

I wasn’t super concerned until Draft Kings pulled the Bills O/U and AFCE odds. Taking this week down feels maybe precautionary but the long term stuff gives me pause. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Case will expose this coaching staff even more and hurt moral. There is no other option, a hobbled JA is better than no JA.

This isn’t Madden.  

If you told me Josh is 80% but playing him has a 5% chance of making it worse.. while also telling me we are guaranteed a loss on Sunday if he doesn’t play … I am unequivocally sitting Allen. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I can’t read this thread anymore lol I tried to work through the 30 plus pages but my god people I cannot believe how much free time some of you bums have to sit around and over analyze a tweet from a guy who might know things but likely doesn’t know squat.

It’s like a bunch of middle school girls with some of you! 

Welcome to an internet message board, first time?

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Most important UCL in the history of Buffalo.

Anyone who wants to argue with that, well……they probably put ranch on their wings! 

Oh! Wait!!! 

I’ll give him my UCL if that helps. I don’t do much with it.

My son is going up for this one. Wearing a Josh jersey. Hopefully watching a large man in a Josh jersey doing his magical thing on the field. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Our entire team rides on JAs shoulders. We are not good without him.  He must play or our season is down the drain. Goal is home field advantage throughout the playoffs. We cannot afford another loss. Have him practice this week, then play him as normal. 

Without Allen this team is an average 500 team at best. Thus far, Keenan looks abysmal.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

I wasn’t super concerned until Draft Kings pulled the Bills O/U and AFCE odds. Taking this week down feels maybe precautionary but the long term stuff gives me pause. 

They probably have did that because people were hammering the Vikings. I know that i would have if i was a dispassionate gambler.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If Keenum starts and we beat the Vikings I'll go ahead and start the "Should Keenum be the starting QB??" thread just to get it out of the way. You're welcome.

If the Bills win it won't be because of Keenan. It will be on the defense to play well and get turnovers. Also, the Bills run game will be forced into action. 

Edited by newcam2012

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

This isn’t Madden.  

If you told me Josh is 80% but playing him has a 5% chance of making it worse.. while also telling me we are guaranteed a loss on Sunday if he doesn’t play … I am unequivocally sitting Allen. 

Agreed.  I'd rather lose a game or two in exchange for a healthy Josh Allen than to risk having this injury linger for the rest of the season. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Without Allen this team is an average 500 team at best. Thus far, Keenan looks abysmal.

You have no idea what Keenum looks like with the entire starting offense in a real game and a week of prep. 

None of us do.  

If you want to point to limitations on offense, in Keenum and in personnel.. fair game, but way too many people are drawing conclusions from preseason. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.