Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

With all due respect, Alpha, I don't think it's at all the same thing.  Trimble is a PhD Physical Therapist. 

All of the PhD Physical Therapists I know can watch video or listen to a description of an injury, lay hands upon the injured party and do some little manipulation that makes the injured one scream, and then say "well, your orthopedist will probably want an MRI, but tentatively this could be....."  A week later when the MRI comes back (us civilians having to wait a bit for 'em) the diagnosis invariably matches.

Analogizing the injury analysis of a trained PT and the self-diagnosis of a tweener on WebMD is just silly, no insult to you intended.  Education matters.

It's not credible in the sense that it's not a confirmed report from the Bills or even an NFL insider, but it's credible in the sense of it's the eye of a highly trained medical professional, which puts it way ahead of Some Guy on Twitter.

Trimble isn’t a physician. He’s never had to make a diagnosis in his career. He treats patient after a medical doctor has done all the work diagnosing and recommending physical therapy. He’s very good at what he does, which is treating with physical therapy injuries which have been diagnosed by someone else and seeing how long it takes for patients to recover from different types of injuries. Anyone with any medical background can look at what happened to Josh and make guesses about what injuries could have occurred. 

6 minutes ago, Process said:

He's laughing at Ian's report that Allen will practice this week.....

Did you actually watch the interview or just a 15 second clip posted by the Bills media team?

Both, but he's laughing at the report that Allen will be limited in practice this week.

I could be wrong, but while "we're still evaluating" is normally not good, I really don't think he'd have laughed if it were potentially weeks or season.

My mothers cleaning lady said Allen came into the Jets game with a sprained arm. Whatever happened in yesterdays game aggravated what he already had.  She wouldn’t say how she knew this.  Lol.  i’m not making it up. The cleaning lady.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Man the drama on this thread. If it was anything at all they’d announce it and get Case ready For Minnesota. He’s fine. 

I think he’s fine…but they would absolutely not announce it and give Minnesota a competitive edge in preparing for Keenum. 

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Tre isn’t ready to play in a game yet.  

See you Thanksgiving Tre.  Hopefully 

Yeah this is a little confusing.  He must be close or they wouldn’t have gone ahead and activated him. I have to wonder how much the mental aspect is coming into play , for example , are they relying on Tre telling them he is completely ready !  Perhaps the Drs have cleared him but there is a thing in work comp injuries.  Once an injured worker is away from working over 6 months , the likelihood of them returning to work is greatly reduced as people can emotionally lose their confidence and can’t overcome that. So in work comp they always try to push for earlier return to work.  

I can only imagine after tres injury the mental aspect is probably the hardest thing to overcome. I really empathize with him and hope he feels emotionally as well as physically ready when he does return to playing.  After sitting out and putting in all this time to rehab, it must be hard to finally pull the trigger and face reality about being back to your prior level of excellence. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Both, but he's laughing at the report that Allen will be limited in practice this week.

I could be wrong, but while "we're still evaluating" is normally not good, I really don't think he'd have laughed if it were potentially weeks or season.

That's where I'm at after watching the entire question in context.  

Or McDermott is sociopath laughing because he knows it's way worse than day to day. 

2 minutes ago, Casey D said:

I saw McD's nose twitch, Allen is done.

So far Rappaport's report seems spot on.  Preliminary analysis suggests he can play, but they need to confirm with additional tests.  That is not to say the tests might not show something worse-- which also explains McD IMO.  But we shall see.

Does anyone else get frustrated with the Whole Tre saga? 

MCD says he is just not ready.. yet no setbacks.. but yet since he has been activated he just continues to be  day to day How much can change in days? He must be good to go, we see videos of him moving pretty good. 

Do you think Tre is having any sort of Mental Hurdles to going full out? Or is this staff just being overly cautious..

Tre looks like a well toned ripped athlete who shouldn't take long to get back into football shape.

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

My mothers cleaning lady said Allen came into the Jets game with a sprained arm. Whatever happened in yesterdays game aggravated what he already had.  She wouldn’t say how she knew this.  Lol.  i’m not making it up. The cleaning lady.

OK, so we had the neighborhood jogger report on Jake Kumerow's ankle.

Sure, Why Not, the Cleaning Lady report on Allen's arm!

I had speculated, that because of the big drop-off between Josh's play in the 1st and 2nd half of GB, he got dinged during the GB game.  Obviously not enough to limit him or show on injury report but

Edited by Beck Water

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Somebody has to clean the room during those high level business meetings.

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Does anyone else get frustrated with the Whole Tre saga? 

MCD says he is just not ready.. yet no setbacks.. but yet since he has been activated he just continues to be  day to day How much can change in days? He must be good to go, we see videos of him moving pretty good. 

Do you think Tre is having any sort of Mental Hurdles to going full out? Or is this staff just being overly cautious..

Tre looks like a well toned ripped athlete who shouldn't take long to get back into football shape.

Ready to practice does not equate to ready for live game action.  He hasn't played in 11 months, there is a LOT of stuff that he needs to get back into football shape with.  They are not risking putting him back out there before he is ready to play FOOTBALL, not just practice and be medically cleared.  

I'm not sure how it is surprising that a player will need time to ramp up to playing in an actual game when he hasn't been able to practice for 11 months.  

Edited by Big Turk

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.