Week 8: SNF Packers at Bills (-10.5) 10/30 8:20pm

Process

13 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

I'm not saying he's going to beat us. Just that we shouldn't be foolish to dismiss him based on the weekly media cycle. 

Many (including me) are dismissing him after watching him play this season. He looks like the heavy contract he got in the offseason is weighing him down and he doesnt have a supporting cast (as Ta111 said). Their D will keep it competitive in the first half but eventually will wear down. OTOH, if the Bills score couple of TDs early in the game, it will get very ugly for the Packers.  

9 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Looking ahead, 538 has us favored by less than a TD in only one remaining game this season (at Cincy).  We're favored by 7+ in 10 out of the next 11.  That's honestly jaw-dropping.  

That cant be right given we have 3 games with the powerhouses of the Jets and Dolphins. 

(I cant wait for the Bills to knock the teeth out of the Jets and shut up the NYC media)

@NYJ - White Jersey

MIN - Blue or Red Jersey

CLE - ?

@DET - White Jersey

@NE - White Jersey

NYJ - Blue or Red Jersey

MIA - ?

@CHI - White Jersey

@CIN - White Jersey

NE - Blue or Red Jersey

https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=teams-season&team_id=BUF&year=2022

Bills usually wear their white throwbacks and reds at home once each.  May do it in NE, as the Pats are wearing throwbacks that night.  Reds could be any remaining home game.

3 minutes ago, BLeonard said:

@NYJ - White Jersey

MIN - Blue or Red Jersey

CLE - ?

@DET - White Jersey

@NE - White Jersey

NYJ - Blue or Red Jersey

MIA - ?

@CHI - White Jersey

@CIN - White Jersey

NE - Blue or Red Jersey

https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=teams-season&team_id=BUF&year=2022

Bills usually wear their white throwbacks and reds at home once each.  May do it in NE, as the Pats are wearing throwbacks that night.  Reds could be any remaining home game.

The Browns game is Nov 20th around Thanksgiving. Isn't that when the Bills usually where their POS looking all reds. Surprised they aren't wearing the all white throwbacks at home this year. At least it looks that way.

5 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The next road game they wear white they should wear the blue pants.

The Bills and their fans need to get over the fear of the white over blue combo. 😁😁

I get it and personally, I REALLY like the white jersey/blue pants combo.

BUT, I'm also pretty superstitious and the last time they wore that combo was in Jacksonville last season.

Now, I'm curious.  I know in baseball, some teams let the starting pitcher decide which jersey the team wears for that day.  I also know in football, the home team chooses color or white, but do we know who makes the decision on things like pants color, when color rush is, when throwback is, etc?

13 minutes ago, Greg S said:

The Browns game is Nov 20th around Thanksgiving. Isn't that when the Bills usually where their POS looking all reds. Surprised they aren't wearing the all white throwbacks at home this year. At least it looks that way.

The past couple years, it's been in December.  vs Carolina last year and vs PIT on SNF in 2020.  Wore them in Oct (Miami) and Dec (BLT) in 2019, Dec (DET) in 2018 and Dec (IND) in 2017.

So, they've never worn them in November in the McDermott Era.  I'm thinking you're more likely to see the white throwbacks against Cleveland than the reds.

Chances are, the red uniforms will show up against a division rival.  If I had to guess, they'll bring them out against Miami, forcing the Dolphins to wear white.

Edited by BLeonard

2 minutes ago, BLeonard said:

The past couple years, it's been in December.  vs Carolina last year and vs PIT on SNF in 2020.  Wore them in Oct (Miami) and Dec (BLT) in 2019, Dec (DET) in 2018 and Dec (IND) in 2017.

So, they've never worn them in November in the McDermott Era.  I'm thinking you're more likely to see the white throwbacks against Cleveland than the reds.

Chances are, the red uniforms will show up against a division rival.  If I had to guess, they'll bring them out against Miami, forcing the Dolphins to wear white.

Yes please. Love the all white throwbacks.

• Agree 1

After what the Bears did last night it shows you can never underestimate an opponent no matter how bad they might look on paper coming on.

With that said, I still don't think the Packers have the horses to hang with the Bills even if Rogers and that offense finally put it all together and look similar to years past.

5 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

After what the Bears did last night it shows you can never underestimate an opponent no matter how bad they might look on paper coming on.

With that said, I still don't think the Packers have the horses to hang with the Bills even if Rogers and that offense finally put it all together and look similar to years past.

The Bears probably didn't want Belichick to break the tie with papa bear Halas and be the team he does it against. Bill will obviously get another win but not against Halas's team.

19 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Yes please. Love the all white throwbacks.

Looking at it again, almost has to be throwbacks against Cleveland.  Either them or in December vs Miami.  Can't imagine the Bills wanting Miami to come into Buffalo in December wearing their aqua jerseys.

The Bills have worn the throwbacks on the road at times, but they've always worn them at home once in every season since McDermott's been here.

• Like (+1) 1

I believe this challenges the bi-laws of game threads. Mod's please remove if this is the case. We can't have fans starting threads "willey nilley" talking about upcoming games outside of the previously mentioned, sanctioned pre-game, 1st half and second half thread's. Also, you left off the punctuation after the word "go". That too will be subject to comments and feedback. 

• Haha (+1) 1

First thing I guess we all want to know is an injury report and a Tre White status.

If he is activated, then Cam is the obvious cut.  In a perfect world Tre could get some snaps when the Bills are up

in the 4th and he can ease his way back into playing.

If I was asking a question to McDermott on injuries I would add if any news on Boettger and Stevenson too.

2 hours ago, BLeonard said:

@NYJ - White Jersey

MIN - Blue or Red Jersey

CLE - ?

@DET - White Jersey

@NE - White Jersey

NYJ - Blue or Red Jersey

MIA - ?

@CHI - White Jersey

@CIN - White Jersey

NE - Blue or Red Jersey

My money is on Miami for the throwbacks...check out the gameday hatpin.

BILLHP011700_1000x1000@2x.progressive.jp

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Bit worried we will come out flat this week. We did last year after the bye— almost blew the game to an awful Dolphins team and then did lose to Jax, after the bye.

We came out flat in week 1 last year too. Playing in prime time vs the rams helped that, and I think it will here too. Allen is at his best under the lights. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

• Process changed the title to Week 8: SNF Packers at Bills (-10.5) 10/30 8:20pm
4 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Many (including me) are dismissing him after watching him play this season. He looks like the heavy contract he got in the offseason is weighing him down and he doesnt have a supporting cast (as Ta111 said). Their D will keep it competitive in the first half but eventually will wear down. OTOH, if the Bills score couple of TDs early in the game, it will get very ugly for the Packers.  

That cant be right given we have 3 games with the powerhouses of the Jets and Dolphins. 

(I cant wait for the Bills to knock the teeth out of the Jets and shut up the NYC media)

Im more looking forward to beating the piss out of Miami so their fans can get over the superbowl they had in week 3.

3 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

The Pats and the Bears had the same record going into the game lol.  Odd you wouldnt pick the Jags last year to make that point but not surprising because you drool over Pats and Miami.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Process said:

We came out flat in week 1 last year too. Playing in prime time vs the rams helped that, and I think it will here too. Allen is at his best under the lights. 

Allen does shine under the lights. And considering Ayahausca boy won the last 2 MVP's over Josh,  he'll be more motivated than ever. The full exposure will happen Sunday night. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.