Week 5: Steelers at Bills 10/9 1pm

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

As a former center I think I do.  LOL 

They had an issue on another under snap prior to that where Allen fumbled the ball after not getting it cleanly as well. Considering it was the backup center and Allen having no issues with Morse, I'd say it's probably on Van Roten and butt sweat

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I'm not so clear on that.  When there's a problem with the C QB exchange, you don't know which side it's on usually.

They had a ref or nfl rules official on one of the shows on wgr that said even if he muffed the snap a bit, as long as he didn't drop the ball, the refs normally call it a clean snap and he could have spiked it.

That also would have been a judgement call on the ref though so allen knew that it could have been ruled against them and didn't risk it. 

It was a good discussion. I'll see if I can find it. 

24 minutes ago, Augie said:

I obviously see the Bills as being favorites, but 14 points in an NFL game is A LOT! 

I realize we generally lose small or win BIG, but that is a mighty big favorite!  I’ll take a W, any way we can get it. 

The blowouts are better for my nails.

That chiefs game last year left me with bloody fingertips.

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

The blowouts are better for my nails.

That chiefs game last year left me with bloody fingertips.

I’ve given up on nails, and should probably think about getting on a list for a new liver. 

• Haha (+1) 4

11 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Anything, ANYTHING to keep the doomerism going.

Really? And anything to keep being a blind homer ignoring all injuries and no attempt to add any personal insight. . Point out one fact I Misstated!  Now with knox, poyer , edmunds all being out as well , you still think it’s an easy game? Such astute analysis on your part!  Plus I didn’t say we would lose, so your comprehension is still lacking  any credibility. When is it keeping doom going  , saying we would probably win , but not by a 14 point speed that’s being touted.

Go ahead tho and keep proving how people are sheep and blindly lead. It’s guys like you who always predict undefeated seasons and add nothing to any intelligent analysis because you can’ t ever fathom Bills losing a game , yet they have never finished with less than 3 losses in a season,  ,,,how do you explain any losses in your fantasy world?  You are like the typical woke crowd , and have to label something as “ doomerism “ just because it differed from your shallow thinking ; most people get past your level of analytical  thinking by jr high , but you keep hanging on to it cuz that’s the crowd you feel comfortable with , those who mischaracterize anyone who provides critical thinking   Your  little 7 word sentence really adds to furthering anyones understanding of the game situations.  Can’t wait to see you spout more about the intellectual topic of doomerism !  Time always proves how little insight you type have ( hey where are all our Super Bowl titles at ? Omg , I stated an honest fact , so in your little mind  that must mean I hate the team I have followed since ‘63 , and actually went to Superbowls 27 & 28 to be there to see them win, but I am touting doom ? ! ).  Laughable stuff little homer ! 😂🤮☺️

• Eyeroll 5
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Really? And anything to keep being a blind homer ignoring all injuries and no attempt to add any personal insight. . Point out one fact I Misstated!  Now with knox, poyer , edmunds all being out as well , you still think it’s an easy game? Such astute analysis on your part!  Plus I didn’t say we would lose, so your comprehension is still lacking  any credibility. When is it keeping doom going  , saying we would probably win , but not by a 14 point speed that’s being touted.

Go ahead tho and keep proving how people are sheep and blindly lead. It’s guys like you who always predict undefeated seasons and add nothing to any intelligent analysis because you can’ t ever fathom Bills losing a game , yet they have never finished with less than 3 losses in a season,  ,,,how do you explain any losses in your fantasy world?  You are like the typical woke crowd , and have to label something as “ doomerism “ just because it differed from your shallow thinking ; most people get past your level of analytical  thinking by jr high , but you keep hanging on to it cuz that’s the crowd you feel comfortable with , those who mischaracterize anyone who provides critical thinking   Your  little 7 word sentence really adds to furthering anyones understanding of the game situations.  Can’t wait to see you spout more about the intellectual topic of doomerism !  Time always proves how little insight you type have ( hey where are all our Super Bowl titles at ? Omg , I stated an honest fact , so in your little mind  that must mean I hate the team I have followed since ‘63 , and actually went to Superbowls 27 & 28 to be there to see them win, but I am touting doom ? ! ).  Laughable stuff little homer ! 😂🤮☺️

take a walk outside....

Post is a bit melodramatic 

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

We are three and one with top five defenses and offenses in the league we beat last year Super Bowl champs and the number one seed in the AFC from last year along the way With a mass unit of injuries spacewhy in the world would there be doom right now

23 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Feel better now!

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

the last list is removing all blitz and stunts. its just rusher vs blocker straight up.

Still does not make sense considering Von normally lines up as a wide end and just beats his man inside/outside or straight up bull rush.

...wait PFF.

Ok I get it now :)

Edited by WideNine

I do think the line is too high, especially given the Bills injury report. Hopefully McKenzie clears protocol before the game. Bills always struggle against the Steelers (only beat "Duck" by a TD, despite 4 picks; last year's debacle-- for example).

Edited by par73
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, par73 said:

I do think the line is too high, especially given the Bills injury report. Hopefully McKenzie clears protocol before the game. Bills always struggle against the Steelers (only beat "Duck" by a TD, despite 4 picks; last year's debacle-- for example).

Bills smacked them around pretty good in the Sunday nighter in 2020, though. 

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I am wondering where this worry is coming from

We have shut down Stafford Lamont and Tua Now we’re worried about a rookie on a losing team?

The defense is as healthy as it’s been in weeks because we’re finally getting some interior pass rush back

Relax

Poyer is out.  

19 minutes ago, par73 said:

Steelers had tj watt for last years debacle…huge difference 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Watch the snap again...it was a bad snap...he snapped it off the top of his butt.

Folks seem to forget Morse was out and we had a backup center Van Roten snapping and yeah, he had some bad exchanges.

Just saw a poster caught that detail playing catch-up.

Edited by WideNine

1 hour ago, DrPJax said:

Dude, climb off the ledge.  Just because you post a bunch of scenarios that might happen doesn't mean it will.

Are YOU prepared to bet anything, anything that the Steelers win Sunday's game in Orchard Park against the Buffalo Bills?

Because it's all about one thing.  Will an NFL team win the game or lose the game.  That is all that matters.

So, what is it.  Give me your "personal insight" (that is your term not mine) about Sunday's game.

Who wins?

2 hours ago, DrPJax said:

mad little girl GIF

• Haha (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Dude, climb off the ledge.  Just because you post a bunch of scenarios that might happen doesn't mean it will.

Are YOU prepared to bet anything, anything that the Steelers win Sunday's game in Orchard Park against the Buffalo Bills?

Because it's all about one thing.  Will an NFL team win the game or lose the game.  That is all that matters.

So, what is it.  Give me your "personal insight" (that is your term not mine) about Sunday's game.

Who wins?

I can't wait to see our offense in good weather again - two weeks in adverse conditions obviously affected everyone. With the expectation that McKenzie will clear concussion protocol, the only main man missing on that side of the ball (with no offence to Crowder or Kumerow) is Knox.

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I can't wait to see our offense in good weather again - two weeks in adverse conditions obviously affected everyone. With the expectation that McKenzie will clear concussion protocol, the only main man missing on that side of the ball (with no offence to Crowder or Kumerow) is Knox.

I know. People seem to have forgotten weeks 1 and 2.

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Agree and you brought up good points.

I'm only going to repeat myself (as I have posted numerous times already) that the Bills are in a new offense with a new OC.

How can it be that we are subjected to thread after thread and post after post from the "criticizers" that it is Beane, McDermott and,

add the players name here (_________) fault for any failures and not one thread or string of thoughts go towards our teams new OC?

I like Ken Dorsey so far, but there is a lot of areas he needs to work on.  It's a complete work in progress but I for one have a little

patience to see what unfolds during the season.  I can only add that maybe injuries and playing conditions have hampered his O but

I want to see how Dorsey grows (or doesn't) grow into unleashing the Bills offensive potential.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I dunno about that, but what's pertinent I think, is that he was being worked-out just before the Ravens game by the Bills head trainer.  So if he was a game-time decision last week, seems like a good chance he'll be a "go" this week.

One more time.  OBJ tore his ACL mid-feb (Feb 13).  The usual timeline is surgery in 2 weeks, then 9 months rehab, then several weeks of practice to get in "game shape".  That puts him ready to practice at the end of Nov and ready for a game in mid-December.  The Bills need a roster to carry them through 8-9 games before then, plus they can only return 8 guys from IR.

We're not crying about OJ Howard per se, we're crying that Knox has been ruled out and the Bills TE will be Morris and Sweeney.

Obj can start practicing in november....he could have a month or more of getting acclimated to the playbook and getting on the same page with allen.....unleash him in the playoffs with teams having 0 tape on how he works in the Bills offense....can move him out wide and Davis in the slot or vice versa.....I'm all for obj on this offense as long as he passes his physical on his injury

Injuries or no injuries. Team that wants to be championship caliber needs to put up a W against rookie QB. There are really no excuses if they want to be taken seriously as a top team. Guys dinged up I am fine with them sitting out this one.

Don’t care how they do it as long as they win.

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, par73 said:

you forget we had Cody Ford at RT and Frank Gore getting too many totes that game. TJ Watt also played and he is a game wrecker as advertised. That Steeler defense was no joke that year.

12 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Injuries or no injuries. Team that wants to be championship caliber needs to put up a W against rookie QB. There are really no excuses if they want to be taken seriously as a top team. Guys dinged up I am fine with them sitting out this one.

Don’t care how they do it as long as they win.

The X-factor of a team that gives us trouble being against the ropes, trying to ignite their offense by turning to a rookie QB, who seems willing to let it rip and give his guys chances to make plays down the field, in his first start, on the road against a TOP (but dinged up, especially in the secondary) defense...

This is what has some fans feeling a bit uneasy. And I can't say I'm not wrestling with the same irrational worries. But objectively, come on...the Bills should do damage this week.

1 hour ago, Richard Noggin said:

On one hand, inject any and all AFCE competitors' misfortunes directly into my junkie veins...

but on the other hand, is this really the right thread for a Dolphins injury report?

Not really but I didnt see an around the nfl thread and didnt feel like making a thread.  Kind of applies here because people are discussing all the injuries we have and I am showing that is just part of the NFL.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

They're all going to play - maybe not Howard but I expect he will because these are the games they have to have.  The last 7 games are more difficult for Miami then these first 8-9.  They risked Tua because of this.

Armstead is going to be in bubble wrap all year in order to play Sundays.  You'll hardly see him practice because his track record is injuries.  It's already started.    

Hill always shows up on the injury report now and then.  

I hate everything about that franchise.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.