Week 5: Steelers at Bills 10/9 1pm

YoloinOhio

Just now, PaattMaann said:

based on practice videos, I think he is basically healthy now. Looked a lot better this week cutting. I think we will see a bigger role for him/target volume. Relaxxxxx

I'm totally relaxed and I trust the Bills when it comes to managing injuries, but I'm tired of seeing Davis playing when he's obviously at less than full strength.  We have some young guys who can step in and maybe make an impact.

3 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

That's got to be the ultimate question, was Howard really that much worse than Sweeney? 

Howard is a JAG at this point, they may feel Sweeney has upside potential.  If it's close the younger player almost always gets the nod.

20 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Steelers have some good receivers...Claypool(870 yards) and Johnson(1161 yards) aren't huge names but put up over 2K yards between them last year and Pickens looks like he is going to be an excellent player.  One thing they have been able to do very consistently over the years is draft good WR's.  

I would expect Pickett to much better at playing fearless than Trubisky was so the Bills are going to be challenged by him I would bet. He isn't just going to play safe.  That's not to say it will work, but they will have to make their share of plays, he isn't going to just dink and dunk like Trubisky would have.

I'd really love to see what Claypool could do with the Bills...he would be a monster in his offense.

The Steeler's WRs are fine -- I'm just saying that they're not even close to the same tier as Hill/Waddle.

7 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Hodgins, OBJ or a surprise trade 

OBJ is not running down our tunnel on Sunday any time soon.  He tore his ACL in the Superbowl Feb 13.  He likely had surgery about 2 weeks later when the swelling subsided, because that's the usual.  So following the usual rehab, he would be ready to start practicing after Thanksgiving and to contribute mid-December.

You really want the Bills to tie up cap signing a guy they have to IR immediately?

7 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

Oh most definitely true.  Most of the time the LP guys all week don’t play.  

I don't have the energy on this issue to do a research summary, but just this season before Miami we had 6 guys limited or less all week.

3 played (Settle, Knox, Davis).  3 did not (Poyer, Morse, Oliver).  Before the Ravens, we had 7 guys limited or less all week, 5 played (Davis, Knox, Morse, Jackson, Poyer), 2 did not (Oliver, Murray)

I don't think last season was much different.  Guys who are limited all week may very well play (>=50% chance)

Edited by Beck Water

8 minutes ago, mannc said:

I know he can play, but Gabe's been bothered by the same ankle for two years now and he's not the same player when he's hurt.  Gotta get him healthy.   

Sure I get that. But I’m not going to speculate on his level of recovery this week based on nothing. Publicly all we know is he practiced in full. 

Now, if on Sunday he’s out there and looks like he can’t cut and turn again, then yes he probably shouldn’t be out there or practicing and the team should put him on ice for a while and focus on his recovery.

Just now, Beck Water said:

OBJ is not running down our tunnel on Sunday any time soon.  He tore his ACL in the Superbowl Feb 13.  He likely had surgery about 2 weeks later when the swelling subsided, because that's the usual.  So following the usual rehab, he would be ready to start practicing after Thanksgiving and to contribute mid-December.

You really want the Bills to tie up cap signing a guy they have to IR immediately?

IR for 4 games, sure.  

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Guys not playing because of soreness is pitiful.  

I can't stand how conservative McDermott is with injuries.  Burned us big time in Miami with the botched snap.  

Poyer has the Elbow that is still not fully healed. He also has a foot and now I'm guessing badly bruised ribs?    Knox has back/foot/hamstring 

1 minute ago, No_Matter_What said:

This is really interesting.

Before doing so?

What kind of move you have to do before you move someone to IR? Sound very confusing to me. Unless he really means to have some pre-agreed trade.

The most likely scenario is signing someone from the PS to the active roster. Likely Hodgins, or possibly Duke Johnson.  As someone suggested, waiting to do this gives the Steelers no chance to plan for it. 

11 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

IR for 4 games, sure.  

Hello?  This is your calendar calling.  The Bills will play 8 or 9 games between now, and early/mid December when OBJ will be ready to contribute (and keep in mind he would need a couple weeks to practice with Josh)

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

next week. Making sure guys are good to go for the showdown. Then bye week and errbody gets right (except poor Micah)

I would actually sit players against KC unless the Bills are nearly full-strength.  I don't see an offense where Davis is still hobbled and Knox is hobbled and they can't run the ball being able to keep up with KC.  Just find a way to beat the Steelers and let guys get healthy by sitting out the KC game that they would be long-shots to win anyway.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I would actually sit players against KC unless the Bills are nearly full-strength.  I don't see an offense where Davis is still hobbled and Knox is hobbled and they can't run the ball being able to keep up with KC.  Just find a way to beat the Steelers and let guys get healthy by sitting out the KC game that they would be long-shots to win anyway.

the F? 

long shots to beat KC? 

wildness around here today.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

Pretty much under McDermott every time a player was LP or DNP all week they don’t play 

There is some truth to that, but they have never had this many players injured at the same time before.  He is being forced to take some chances with banged up players he would not normally take this early in the season.

2 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

KC is a playoff game that will likely decide the #1 seed and therefore homefield advantage. We have to throw everyone and the kitchen sink at KC. Rolling over for them now pretty much sandbags our SB run. Weak, dude. Weak.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Some fan you are

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.