Week 5: Steelers at Bills 10/9 1pm

YoloinOhio

17 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Per Joe Buscaglia, Tremaine isn't practicing today. While McKenzie is practicing, without the non-contact jersey.

Very likely Tremaine is out, but good news on Isaih looking like he will play.

Depth chart has Dodson listed as MLB backup, but interestingly Cam Lewis is listed as Poyers backup....that can't be right?

I'd have to go back and look at the box scores, but I think last season Hamlin subbed for Hyde and Johnson subbed for Poyer.

Johnson certainly subbed for him in the MIA loss.

Also, when we've gone to a 4-3 base, seems like it was Bernard and not Dodson who came in (except on that goal line D vs the Ravens).  So good question is it Bernard or Dodson who will play if Edmunds can't go against the Steelers?

21 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Per Joe Buscaglia, Tremaine isn't practicing today. While McKenzie is practicing, without the non-contact jersey.

Very likely Tremaine is out, but good news on Isaih looking like he will play.

Depth chart has Dodson listed as MLB backup, but interestingly Cam Lewis is listed as Poyers backup....that can't be right?

Good catch. That’s definitely new. Bills didn’t like Joquan Johnson much it seems. 

7 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

He's danced like that each of the last 2 weeks though

I dunno about that, but what's pertinent I think, is that he was being worked-out just before the Ravens game by the Bills head trainer.  So if he was a game-time decision last week, seems like a good chance he'll be a "go" this week.

10 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

ObJ 

One more time.  OBJ tore his ACL mid-feb (Feb 13).  The usual timeline is surgery in 2 weeks, then 9 months rehab, then several weeks of practice to get in "game shape".  That puts him ready to practice at the end of Nov and ready for a game in mid-December.  The Bills need a roster to carry them through 8-9 games before then, plus they can only return 8 guys from IR.

10 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

People still crying about OJ Howard?  1.25 catches a game.  He's JAG get over it.

We're not crying about OJ Howard per se, we're crying that Knox has been ruled out and the Bills TE will be Morris and Sweeney.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I dunno about that, but what's pertinent I think, is that he was being worked-out just before the Ravens game by the Bills head trainer.  So if he was a game-time decision last week, seems like a good chance he'll be a "go" this week.

One more time.  OBJ tore his ACL mid-feb (Feb 13).  The usual timeline is surgery in 2 weeks, then 9 months rehab, then several weeks of practice to get in "game shape".  That puts him ready to practice at the end of Nov and ready for a game in mid-December.  The Bills need a roster to carry them through 8-9 games before then, plus they can only return 8 guys from IR.

It makes sense to sign him sooner rather than later to familiarize himself with the team and playbook 

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

We're not crying about OJ Howard per se, we're crying that Knox has been ruled out and the Bills TE will be Morris and Sweeney.

They need Knox to be healthy for KC, with the #1 seed on the line.  If we need a healthy Knox to beat the Steelers, we are in trouble.  Can't take the Steelers lightly, but the Bills without Knox is no big deal for a team where you have a talent advantage.

Edited by Bills2022

21 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Good catch. That’s definitely new. Bills didn’t like Joquan Johnson much it seems. 

Cam Lewis was being cross trained at safety during training camp so it appears they may be ready to see how he does in live game action.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

The issue is where do we want to play kc at...in kc where they have beaten us 2 yrs in a row in the playoffs or in Buffalo infront of the Mafia?..not to mention the refs in kc are certainly swayed to favor no calls on allot of holds against the home team

It feels like we haven't played KC in Buffalo for 100 years.  This scheduling nonsense better flip soon.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Gilliam can and probably will be used in a TE role at times.

• Agree 2

We are absolutely a joke as a fandom if we can't rationally and reasonably believe that losing at least 2 guys every single game so far this season to man games lost, while simultaneously losing important players during the week's practice is not going to have an effect on the outcome of these games, even when we are playing poorer opponents.

It's ridiculous.  

Please know I am not on any of you guys, really, as I am just more and more upset with our present situation.  I believed this to be one of the great teams in Bills history, which means little if weekly and perpetually, less and less of this Bills team actually plays in these games.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

We are absolutely a joke as a fandom if we can't rationally and reasonably believe that losing at least 2 guys every single game so far this season to man games lost, while simultaneously losing important players during the week's practice is not going to have an effect on the outcome of these games, even when we are playing poorer opponents.

It's ridiculous.  

Please know I am not on any of you guys, really, as I am just more and more upset with our present situation.  I believed this to be one of the great teams in Bills history, which means little if weekly and perpetually, less and less of this Bills team actually plays in these games.

Has it?  The game we were down 12 starters at one point we dominated against what might be the 3rd best team in the AFC on the road

• Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

It's ridiculous.  

Yes, because the teams we play are always 100% healthy.  Look at our games this year.  We dominated at some point in all of them. We dominated week 1 and 2. Won huge.  We dominated week 3.  We had 300 more yards than Miami.  We then dominated the Ravens for a half and won.  Obviously we are capable of playing great football with injuries.  Injuries are part of the NFL and our QB and top players are pretty healthy.  

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

It will be fine.

8 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Yahoo fantasy is saying McKenzie likely out

I doubt that.  If he is having a contact practice today then all he has left is to get examined and cleared by the team and an independant.

1 hour ago, Mango said:

The amount of double teams Jerry Hughes receives in his career is impressive.

Can somebody smarter than me explain how Von isn’t the top of your third list? I read it as him having the highest win rate in the league. 

Touched on this after the referenced post - the first chart is win rate any/all rushes - the list after it excludes stunts/blitzes.   One logical conculsion is Von gets a lot of his wins when we are stunting/blitzing. 

As Stank pointed out  - these also come from two different places, so who knows how different their accuracy/criteria is - but if they are anything close that to me would be the takeaway

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

what happened with tremaine?

I read here that it was likely a "late on the pile" or a "tackle 5 yards passed the sticks" related injury. 

13 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Bates would get no mention on a fantasy site.

That can't be right. I was just on my favorite fantasy site and the ladies there repeatedly talked about bates.

26 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

It's ridiculous.  

I agree, WHY AREN'T WE MORE UPSET OVER THESE THINGS WE CANT CHANGE

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Best defensive lines

Rank 2 Buffalo Bills 3-1 · T-1st in AFC East

Pass rush score: 95

Run defense score: 73

OVERALL SCORE: 87

Buffalo's depth along the defensive front is a testament to the organization's roster construction and player development. For the second straight season, the Bills have at least eight defensive-front players logging between 20 and 60 percent of defensive snaps. This rotation helps keep their pass rushers' legs fresh, an approach which has unleashed veteran offseason addition Von Miller. The future Hall of Famer has generated 18 pressures this season (tied for second-most in the NFL), despite having just 78 pass rushes (tied for 94th).

Unencumbered by fatigue, Buffalo's pass rush has generated the third-highest pressure rate this season (33.1 percent). This is even more impressive when you consider that Sean McDermott and Leslie Frazier rarely send any extra bodies -- the Bills have blitzed on just 11 percent of dropbacks this season, the only defense with a blitz rate under 16 percent.

34 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If he doesn't play this week, I would be surprised.  He looks to have a pep in his step.

Same could be said about Gabe Davis.  Even though he still has a slight favor to his ankle, he looks to be moving better in the practice videos.

40 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Has it?  The game we were down 12 starters at one point we dominated against what might be the 3rd best team in the AFC on the road

are you referring to the Miami game?  If so, I’m wracking my brain trying to remember when we “dominated” that game

2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

are you referring to the Miami game?  If so, I’m wracking my brain trying to remember when we “dominated” that game

Running 51 more plays and rolling up almost 300 more yards isn't domination?  The scoreboard is the scoreboard, but in terms of actual play, Miami was getting killed.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

What's their source of info?

What did they say about Bates last week?

I tried to copy and paste but it wouldn’t work. They basically said it wasn't a good development that McKenzie was still in concussion protocol.

they said if McKenzie couldn't go, pick up shakir who should be the starter at slot

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.