Bills cuts

Chandler#81

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Im not trying to argue he should be on the team or anything.  I think he should be because he is better at WR than Kumerow, but I'm not upset about it or anything.  Im just saying that calling him a #5 or #6 doesnt mean anything.  Those guys are one or two injuries away from being the starter.  People portray it as if its 5 or 6 away.  Its not.  

I understand what you are saying but it's more of a "playing the odds" type of deal when you make your roster instead of looking at it as "well, he's better so we keep him and cut him because he can back up 2 skill positions if they both get hurt at the same time"

The likelihood you need him vs not needing him is tipped toward not needing him. *knocks on forest*

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

I'm pretty sure we use more 2 slot wr formations than two outside wr formations. 

If wr 1 or 2 is out we're going to see a lot of McKenzie and Crowder on the field at the same time. With Shakir being a chess piece that can move around. 

The times we do see Kumerow on the field is in 2 wr sets bc we want to run and he's a better blocker than Diggs or Sanders was. 

So you think we wont be seeing Diggs and Davis on the field at the same time all that much?  I disagree with that.

Just now, The Wiz said:

I understand what you are saying but it's more of a "playing the odds" type of deal when you make your roster instead of looking at it as "well, he's better so we keep him and cut him because he can back up 2 skill positions if they both get hurt at the same time"

The likelihood you need him vs not needing him is tipped toward not needing him. *knocks on forest*

Yeah I get that.  I hope our guys dont go down.

22 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Only drama left to figure out re: cuts is who exactly gets PUP’d.

Um no?

Only players who are unable to perform before they play a snap at training camp go on PUP

Tre White is the only one eligible for PUP

Edited by Beck Water

Of that list the only real surprise to me is Hodgins assuming they were keeping 7 WR which I believe they did not.  If only keeping 6 then totally fine with Kumerow getting the last slot.

Howard is a bit of a surprise only because of the cap hit.  But talent wise deserved to be cut and assume they couldn't find any one who wanted to trade for him.

9 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Im not trying to argue he should be on the team or anything.  I think he should be because he is better at WR than Kumerow, but I'm not upset about it or anything.  Im just saying that calling him a #5 or #6 doesnt mean anything.  Those guys are one or two injuries away from being the starter.  People portray it as if its 5 or 6 away.  Its not.  

Which is why I hope he makes the PS and doesnt get claimed.  He is better than Kumerow as an option at WR, if needed, IMO.

I think some teams will be very interested in Hodges.

Just now, newcam2012 said:

I think some teams will be very interested in Hodges.

I would think so.  The Pats for instance have crap at receiver.  There are teams that still need help there.  I dont think Hodges is great or anyhting but he has good hands and makes contested catches.  There is a role for that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I would think so.  The Pats for instance have crap at receiver.  There are teams that still need help there.  I dont think Hodges is great or anyhting but he has good hands and makes contested catches.  There is a role for that.

Yeah, i hope he finds a home.

Zay Jones is a #2 now, so anything is possible.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.