Putting my money where my mouth is

Buffalo716

There was a bookie who put $5,000 on the Bills earlier this year long before any of these signings. Many ridiculed him for going in so early since FA and the draft had yet to be determined, but it’s looking like a good bet. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

There was a bookie who put $5,000 on the Bills earlier this year long before any of these signings. Many ridiculed him for going in so early since FA and the draft had yet to be determined, but it’s looking like a good bet. 

That's looking like a pretty damn good bet 

Lots can happen in the NFL but that's absolutely a good play

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Got $1,000 in dividends last week

Doubling down and putting it right on the bills to win the super bowl next year 

I BILLIEVE

3 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

I'd feel better if people would put that money on the Vikings.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I bet $950 on the Bills to win the AFC in February at 4.25 to 1 so that if the Bills win the AFC I've got most if not all of my Super Bowl ticket paid for.  I call it Super Bowl insurance.  Insurance is paying for something today at a lower rate than you'll need to pay for it when the time comes.  If they lose its similar to an extended warranty and the product never broke down. I tried something similar last season and it didn't work out but I felt it was a good business decision.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I BILLIEVE

👂 but does your wife know? 

(historical TBD reference, not sure you were around)

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

I'd feel better if people would put that money on the Vikings.

Snap! I already asked if his wife knew

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I put $650 on two gem mint graded Allen rookies right before free agency. After the Von signing they’ve already made me an extra hundo. 

If Josh wins the mvp or a SB, they’ll easily double. 

Not as much of a pay out as some of you guys, but I can’t really see them losing much value if any. 

• Agree 2

17 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Before the signings, Bills were the only team under +750  (+700) to win the SB, so hardly a "ridiculous" bet.

People here have argued that adding Wilson to the AFC and Watson going to Cleveland can make it more difficult for  the Bills to get to the SB.  (Money line is the same).

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I BILLIEVE

Happy your spending money that you can afford to lose 

Expectations are certainly high..

I’m certainly supportive of Bills win SB bet and I have some myself, but their odds should be longer than they were at the beginning of the off-season.  Denver, LA Chargers, and Raiders all have gotten much better than they were last year plus D Watson to the Browns.  Net-net the Bills path is marginally tougher than it was a couple months ago despite the Vonn Miller and other signings 

On 3/19/2022 at 2:41 PM, KDIGGZ said:

I don't bet on any team I root for. If they lose it hurts even more. I was depressed for a week after the KC game. Can't imagine if I had also lost $1,000 on it

I don’t typically bet on the Bills for that very reason. With that said I was 13 seconds away from winning $750. Like you I was down in the dumps for a good week. The money didn’t really add to it much. 

Though that could be because I didn’t lose anything, I used that free money from the caesers app to bet on it. Probably Helps. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

On 3/19/2022 at 1:38 PM, Mr. WEO said:

Before the signings, Bills were the only team under +750  (+700) to win the SB, so hardly a "ridiculous" bet.

People here have argued that adding Wilson to the AFC and Watson going to Cleveland can make it more difficult for  the Bills to get to the SB.  (Money line is the same).

Thinking outside the box, the AFC being stacked may actually benefit the Bills because all of those teams are not in the AFC East. Them beating up in each other may give the Bills a more clear path to the #1 seed. We all know the competition will be tough in the playoffs but I don't see an addition(s) that make me think there is a team better than KC or Buffalo right now.

I guess we will see soon enough.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

On 3/18/2022 at 8:14 PM, Albany,n.y. said:

I bet $950 on the Bills to win the AFC in February at 4.25 to 1 so that if the Bills win the AFC I've got most if not all of my Super Bowl ticket paid for.  I call it Super Bowl insurance.  Insurance is paying for something today at a lower rate than you'll need to pay for it when the time comes.  If they lose its similar to an extended warranty and the product never broke down. I tried something similar last season and it didn't work out but I felt it was a good business decision.  

I like the way you think, this is the only way I'll ever make a SB, racing tires are not cheap lol

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.