Breaking: Von Miller to bills, 6 year , 120 million

BillsMafi$

2 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Hoping this works out.

Definitely a risk I wouldn't have taken, but sometimes you have to play with fire.

Hoping having 2020 off extended his career by 3 more years.

Sorry I dont see how adding one of the premier passrushers in the league to the team a Risk.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Also Bradley Chubb is on Record for Saying how much Von Miller has helped him transition into the pass rusher he is.  That is something people also have to take into account how much Von will help Epenesa, Groot and Basham reach their full potential (though the ship might be sailing on Epenesa)

• Like (+1) 4

13 hours ago, 34-78-83 said:

Clearly its a long deal because Beane be playin' some cap chess to give a big bonus and release after say 2/3 seasons....

Thank god someone on here understand football salary economics. This deal at MAX is 3 years!

4 minutes ago, Slo_Bills said:

Thank god someone on here understand football salary economics. This deal at MAX is 3 years!

after all these years of salary cap and contracts you would think it wouldn't be so difficult for some to understand

I heard this news while listening to Slick Tom on 97 Rock last night while working in the garage...

When he did his whole... "hold on to your hat.. breaking news..." schtick I 100% thought he was going to talk about the RB who went back to WTF.

When he said the Bills signed Von Miller to this insane contract I couldn't believe it; totally out of left field! 

Has any player won a SB with 3 different teams? That would be a cool stat for Miller!

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1

Some more Lockerroom Stuff with Miller

There is an entire story on Millers impact to that lockerroom trying to find the entire article

I think this is the Article on it.  But I dont subscribe to the athletic 

https://theathletic.com/3191131/2022/03/17/von-miller-joins-the-bills-what-will-he-bring-to-buffalo-and-what-do-the-rams-do-now/

https://www.yahoo.com/video/von-miller-takes-aim-super-123018851.html

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

They run the risk of winning a championship. 

Yeah but apparently only 1, because according to some people in here signing good players means you are only giving yourself one shot and will be in cap hell for the next 10 years of Josh’s prime 

Love it.  Miller makes our D-line and entire defense that much better.  Fantastic addition to the locker room too.  I wanted him when he came out of college, and I feel like it's kind of come full circle by getting him here as he closes out a HOF career.

We don't need Von Miller to make the playoffs.  We're already a playoff team, and we'd get back to the postseason with or without him.  We didn't sign Von Miller to win the division.  We would probably win the division next year regardless.  We signed Miller for one reason and one reason only -- to win a super bowl.  And he signed with us because in his judgement Buffalo has a better chance of winning the super bowl than the team that just won the super bowl.

Not sure how a person could be unhappy with that.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Yeah but apparently only 1, because according to some people in here signing good players means you are only giving yourself one shot and will be in cap hell for the next 10 years of Josh’s prime 

We're paying Tremaine Edmunds 12.7 million per year to contribute almost nothing thus far.   for a mere 4.9 million more we're adding one of the all time greats and someone who's going to help develop our younger talent.  If Tremaine doesn't have his breakout 5th year we can finally cut ties and recoup some of that Miller money.  If Tremaine does breakout this year then our D just got that much more frightening.   Win/Win

Edited by Lost
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, nucci said:

after all these years of salary cap and contracts you would think it wouldn't be so difficult for some to understand

The last few years have taught me otherwise, and not just about football.

33 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Has any player won a SB with 3 different teams? That would be a cool stat for Miller!

Matt Millan was on 3 teams that won. But did not play for SF. So technically if Miller plays in the SB and we win, He would be the first.

At the end of the Day.  This is the Bills Saying We are going to go all in to get that Lombardi.  When Trade Deadline comes up Sell off 2023 picks as well to reinforce that goal.  WIN the First Lombardi for this Franchise this year.  Then look at the team and re-tool as needed for multiple runs and trophies.  But GET ONE first that should be the focus this year and do everything to get that FIRST.  Watch what it does to the fanbase before your new stadium that will be funded by taxpayers, then adjust focus to get multiple.  BUT GET ONE is the goal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, sunshynman said:

Matt Millan was on 3 teams that won. But did not play for SF. So technically if Miller plays in the SB and we win, He would be the first.

It was Washington for whom he didn't play, but the point is the same.

• Like (+1) 1

I have put too much thought into this but I have good possibilities and bad possibilities:

Good- 3 Super Bowls due to him being a beast, he teaches Groot and Epenesa how to do what he does, and remains strong all three years until we have a hard decision in 2025 if to keep him.

Bad- he gets injured. 

Unless he is injured he will likely be at worst a little overpaid, but his leadership and setting of example should not be overlooked.

10 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Fair points but Let me respond. I've never sad he's a bad player. I've said he's not the player he used to be. I stand by that statement. Sure I've over exaggerated my points. I'll concede that. Saying he's better than anything we have on the roster isn't saying much. I agree with you there. He's getting paid beyond well and is dare to say over paid. His agent did a helleva job.

Lastly, I think it's more than fair to point out his all pro teammate. Players make players better. To think otherwise is ridiculous. 

It’s always darkest once the dusk settles.

So by inference, Miller will make the players on the Bills DL better, right? If he’s being overpaid by giving him the money that used to go to Hughes and Addison, that’s still a subjective opinion that’s going to be governed by results. I don’t think you can make that claim based on the comps in this FA period. If 3/52 is the going rate for Chandler then it’s the going rate for a guy like Von too.

Running an argument one way but not the other diminishes the point. Sort of like mixing metaphors. It bottles the mind.

Von Miller is our biggest FA acquisition, perhaps ever, in our history so far. He's 33 years young and still in his prime. Yeah, he can get injured, however, as stated by "Buffalo Timmy," Von Miller's experience and leadership are priceless. Von Miller is WORTH EVERY PENNY.

Von Miller is a proven winner. He's the best. We GOT HIM.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin

1 hour ago, BillsFanSD said:

Love it.  Miller makes our D-line and entire defense that much better.  Fantastic addition to the locker room too.  I wanted him when he came out of college, and I feel like it's kind of come full circle by getting him here as he closes out a HOF career.

We don't need Von Miller to make the playoffs.  We're already a playoff team, and we'd get back to the postseason with or without him.  We didn't sign Von Miller to win the division.  We would probably win the division next year regardless.  We signed Miller for one reason and one reason only -- to win a super bowl.  And he signed with us because in his judgement Buffalo has a better chance of winning the super bowl than the team that just won the super bowl.

Not sure how a person could be unhappy with that.

Well said !!!

6 minutes ago, teef said:

the war cry for pats fans is definitely 6 years...120 million!  he'll be so old!

so i dont do much on twitter(3 followers) but i have an account just to scroll and view quick reporting.... my god, the amount of people that dont understand how current NFL contracts work is alarming.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.