Breaking: Von Miller to bills, 6 year , 120 million

BillsMafi$

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

"Remember the days when free agents didn't want to come to Buffalo, that my friend is LONG, LONG, LONG, gone!"

The Josh Allen effect in full force.

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BRH said:

We all should know by now that if we're quoted as being "in" on a player, we're not.  These moves come out of left field.  Never play poker with that man.

We were in on Von at the trade deadline, though. Beane obviously likes the player.

Just now, Awwufelloff said:

He’s 33 next week. He’s not what he used to be. Dude got paid

9 sacks in the last 8 games he played. All of the advanced metrics point to Miller being slightly more efficient than Chandler Jones, who everyone seemed to want. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, vincec said:

I think it's more likely they bring back Addison than Hughes. But they're both probably gone.

Yeah, but it would be smart to bring Jerry back.  Our pass rush would be sick.  Jerry’s value as a pass rusher for what we may be able to pay him is a bargain.  

NFLN had him as their 29th best FA to start the offseason.  He’ll probably get pretty good $

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

Just now, Awwufelloff said:

I assume you have an argument on this. He had 9.5 sacks during the season and 4 sacks in the playoffs. He was great in the playoffs. 

..or are you just saying stuff with no basis? 

• Like (+1) 1

Monster deal!! Bills on the move. Hopefully he can also have a positive impact on Rousseau and Basham. 6 years seems excessive. We've been saying Jerry Hughes is getting old for 2 years. He's the same age as Miller!! Bills better win this year, as they'll be scrapping nickels next year.  

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

6 year deal? Wtf no way this is real lol 

He can barely walk. He's way past his prime and old and aging. I don't get the signing 6 yrs for 120 mil. Seems way way off to me. I'm shocked on how bad this is. The Bills will regret this signing.  Maybe I'm missing something. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Buffalo has not had a player finish a season with 10-plus sacks in a season since Lorenzo Alexander in 2016 (12.5). Mario Addison was the only Bills defender with at least five sacks last season (seven). The Bills were one of four teams (Texans, Falcons, Chiefs) that had one or fewer players with five-plus sacks.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Thinking his backing out allowed us to make this deal happen.  So, where do we contribute to McKissick charity?!

I doubt it. His backing out seems more likely to impact us signing Howard. 

Edited by Malazan
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, BearNorth said:

People forget that Bruce [GOAT Bills defender] played until he was 40.

Miller - Turns 33 next Friday 150 g 116 AV 115.5 sk 27 FF

Bruce - played 8 seasons from Age 33 on.

279 g 229 AV 200 sk 43 ff

6 yrs 14.25 sacks per year gets him to 201

Reggie White played a long time, too.

Miller could be good for years.  I'm seeing opposing fans rationalize this by trying to ridicule paying so much to an "old" player - but with our other additions to the line, EVERYONE on D is better today. Our defense will be a terror - a true #1 D in the league.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, Awwufelloff said:

Apparently LA wanted him back badly . 

"Sean McVay was tugging at his heart strings until the last minute "

So that should tell you he is in fact still a beast if you can't tell by the tape. Dude is a stud. Generational pass rusher.  

Going to have 3 rings with 3 different teams 🤞

• Like (+1) 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.