Breaking: Von Miller to bills, 6 year , 120 million

BillsMafi$

3 minutes ago, daz28 said:

It means that this guy retires a Bill.  Julius Peppers played until he was 38, so if Miller stays good, and by some miracle is still playing well into his 4th and 5th year, we can still add void years to make those horrid cap hits in those years lower, then pay the price when he's spent and retires.  That's a long sentence.  Anyways is we ride him into the dirt.  He retires a Bill.  Be kinda cool to see him open the new stadium.  🤪

I think it means he’ll be a bill for 3 years.  Who knows if he retires or not

Beane is going for it. This is not the type of contract he normally does. Hes being super aggressive here. He’s out of his comfort zone. If you keep doing the same thing, expect the same results. He’s NOT doing the same thing. He wants THE result. I respect the hell out of this. Take the big swing at the proven player or regret not doing it when you come up short again. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This is more evidence that "up against the cap" in the NFL is a farce. I try to keep up with all the loophole magic they can work, but it's really just $51m guaranteed, backloaded with incentives and plenty of ways to get out of it when he's 36+. He took a year off during the COVID year, so that's a little less tread on his tires.

What's not being talked about is aside from being one of the legendary edge rushers of all time, he's REALLY F***ING GOOD as a run stopper, as well.

Now, on to some nicknames. "Von Biller" ? 

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Hahahaha. They’re the ones sayin that Miller won’t be any good in 6 years and the contract is way too long. 

amen brother!  We got von! Beane stepped up to the plate.  Thoughts on the Howard pickup?  I’m stoked about that one too.  Good start

Stop while you still have an account

I'm intrigued by Howard..........he was a big play TE at Alabama and flashed that in his first couple years.........now we gotta' see what he can do but the upside is big.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Beane is going for it. This is not the type of contract he normally does. Hes being super aggressive here. He’s out of his comfort zone. If you keep doing the same thing, expect the same results. He’s not doing the same thing. He wants THE result. I respect the hell out of this. Take the big swing at the proven player or regret not doing it when you come up short again. 

It's definitely a go for it contract but look at the money dumped for Addison, Murphy, Lotulelei, Butler, and Jefferson. A lot of average to below average players. I'm willing to bet our DL cap hit is still about the same as its been the last couple years, maybe less.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It's definitely a go for it contract but look at the money dumped for Addison, Murphy, Lotulelei, Butler, and Jefferson. A lot of average to below average players. I'm willing to bet our DL cap hit is still about the same as its been the last couple years, maybe less.

Yup, a move that he can make when he’s not overpaying a bunch of DL vets and has 3 rookie contract pass rushers. 

8 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Okay.  I'd like you to show me how he's not the player he used to be, which has always been a very effective DE.

To be more direct: Where has his game suffered over the years that's a concern for you? 

I don't see how 17ish million a year is an overpay.  It's very similar to Chandler Jones, who is by all metrics around as efficient as Miller.  Better yet, show me a player with a similar statline who has gotten paid much less this season. I don't think you're going to find it because this is a very fair market value. 

"Players make players better".  Well I'll say that I hope that's true, because of one of the benefits of having a superstar leader like Miller is that your young DE core gets to learn from one of the best ever.

I'm not a statistic guy nor do I pretend to be. I don't try to pretend like I'm the most intellectual football person here. Clearly, I'm not and that goes without saying. 

I'm more of a football guy who watches football passionately. I let me eyes do the talking. I live in SCal and watched every Rams game. I just didn't see an elite player on a consistent basis. At times, he flashed and yes he got several hurries. I saw a player whose good not great.He is a shell of himself frim his Bronco days. Someone who benefited from Donald being double and triple teamed. You can take that as a negative if you wish. Facts are facts. 

Do I hate the signing? No, I don't hate it because like previously said he's better than anything the Bills have. I think he got over paid but then again its not my money. He's a proven winner and makes big plays in big games. Maybe that in itself is worth the signing. Time will tell...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Crazy that LA gave up a 2nd & 3rd rd pick for 8 regular season games. 

They had to think he was going to sign a long term contract..

I know they got a ring but what a $h1t$how over there. They must be devastated 

Probably crying next to their Lombardi 

Although it is a big blow to them

Reggie White signed with Green Bay at age 32, people wondered if he was slowing down due to age. He took a team with a young superstar QB to the next level, eventually winning a Super Bowl. White had 68.5 sacks in his 6 seasons with the Packers.

Von Miller is 32, situations seem awfully similar, just saying...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

17 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Reggie White was 32 when Green Bay signed him. Had 68 sacks in 6 years for Green Bay.

Reggie relied on power, Miller who is a speed/technique guy, so age may hurt Miller more.

I’ll be happily surprised if Miller can get more than 21 sacks in three seasons, which is way less production than Reggie.

• Like (+1) 1

Amazing, exactly what we need. Hopefully he has plenty left in the tank.

Need to keep him fresh and healthy for the playoffs most importantly so wouldn't be against bringing in one more DE on a min deal like Hughes or Shaq. 

Interested to see the dead money the last 3 years of the deal. We'll feel the pain then, but if we can land a SB it'll be worth it.

7 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Crazy that LA gave up a 2nd & 3rd rd pick for 8 regular season games. 

They had to think he was going to sign a long term contract..

I know they got a ring but what a $h1t$how over there. They must be devastated 

And won a super bowl.  They don’t regret it one bit

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Probably crying next to their Lombardi 

Although it is a big blow to them

Apparently they were convinced he'd re sign. Offering 17 mil per. 

Man I never knew what a beast he was in the run game.  He's really the total package.  Can groom Rousseau too, who i believe is the real deal

2 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

Reggie relied on power, Miller who is a speed/technique guy, so age may hurt Miller more.

I’ll be happily surprised if Miller can get more than 21 sacks in three seasons, which is way less production than Reggie.

I’d take that wager on the over 21.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

If anything Von got stronger as the season went on. He was a beast in the playoffs. This is a generational talent 

1 minute ago, Motor26 said:

I’d take that wager on the over 21.

Way over

Just now, newcam2012 said:

Wtf. What does she have to do with anything. Terrible classless cheap shot. Many here disagree with me and I'm fine with that. But geeze your post is very tasteless.

Geeze I wasn't meaning to upset you, I just felt bad for the poor lady.  On account of the miserableness. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Buddy Hix said:

I think the opposite. His finesse style will add years. But there's no way to predict how the body will hold up as he ages. 

Like many, I wonder about the back end of the 6 year deal.  I think Beane is too smart to get the Bills locked into a deal where they have lots of guaranteed money and cap dollars tied up in a player who has lost his effectiveness, but not knowing the details makes me nervous for the future.  Still, in 2022 the Bills are certainly going to be formidable. 

39 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

78% of the snaps.  76% with the Ponies and 79% with the Lambs.

84% in 2019.

He'll be under 60 in Buffalo.   Why?  Because that's the way they do it.   And because they don't want to put miles on him needlessly.   Some fans probably will be disappointed during the first half of the season, but let's wait to see what he does late in the season and in the playoffs.   

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, BigAl2526 said:

Like many, I wonder about the back end of the 6 year deal.  I think Beane is too smart to get the Bills locked into a deal where they have lots of guaranteed money and cap dollars tied up in a player who has lost his effectiveness, but not knowing the details makes me nervous for the future.  Still, in 2022 the Bills are certainly going to be formidable. 

It seems everyone in the know is calling it “essentially” a 3yr/$53M deal.  

That leads me to believe the last 3 years aren’t much of anything to worry about 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.