Breaking: Von Miller to bills, 6 year , 120 million

BillsMafi$

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

He can barely walk. He's way past his prime and old and aging. I don't get the signing 6 yrs for 120 mil. Seems way way off to me. I'm shocked on how bad this is. The Bills will regret this signing.  Maybe I'm missing something. 

He's one of the best pass rushers of the last 20 years, and is still playing at a high level.

You might be missing that part.

4 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Something you should have learned LONG ago. The contract is in the details. Maybe refrain from hot takes until you find out what the deal really is. Apparently that kind of patience and is beyond many on this forum.

On Twitter and here. It's absolutely mind boggling to me how many fans don't understand even a little about how these contracts work.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

Monster deal!! Bills on the move. Hopefully he can also have a positive impact on Rousseau and Basham. 6 years seems excessive. We've been saying Jerry Hughes is getting old for 2 years. He's the same age as Miller!! Bills better win this year, as they'll be scrapping nickels next year.  

id bet the back end is not expected and there primarily to spread bonuses out. 

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I believe they were interested in all FA/available top pass rushers. But their interest in von Miller goes back to last year so I think he was their top target. They tried to trade for him at the deadline. 

Probably their number one choice.  Wonder how much they really wanted Jones?  Most likely the backup plan.

13 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This pleases me.

Fills the biggest need and reduces the second biggest need (corner).

Sends the right message to the locker room and the rest of the league.

Puts the Bills on the prime time / media map.

Raises expectations for everyone (myself included).

Rights the wrong that was the 2011 draft.

Shows that Beane and his team can close.

Beane finally drove the Porche out of the dealership.  He opened his first credit card today.  Regardless of whether it works (some don’t), this was a major step forward for OBD.

Yep............and these aren't the deals you regret if they don't work out.

They didn't get close to the full 7 years out of Mario and it was still one of the best long term deals they've ever done.

Bryce Paup........similar.

It's about impact............now close the deal on the Lombardi and it's an absolute Lombargain.

This is basically a 3 year $52M deal............not gigantic for what should be the 3rd or 4th ranked individual game breaker on the team.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Process said:

Lmao relax buddy. Breathe

Was obviously in shock when it all started breaking. 

That's exactly what I'm saying, There  is absolutely no need to post your instant thoughts (and expose your ignorance) every time an announcement is made. 

RELAX.  BREATHE.  

Take a bit to gather facts.  Then post. What's hard about that?  Do you think other posters simply can't wait to hear your hot take?

I don't mean to just pick on you, as there are many many others in the same group. You ask "What am I missing?"  I think it's obvious what you are missing. The facts/details.

the other guy who just be working overtime lately is Overdorf. HE is integral to how these deals get structured and made work from what I gather.

@Tuco what say you mate? any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks man. m

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.