Deshaun Watson trade down to 2 teams - Falcons & Saints

YoloinOhio

24 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

On the Twitters, he's taking it well.  In private and in Berea?  I doubt he's amused.

Smart and proactive statement by him.  I wouldn't be amused either.

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m not sure he and stefanski can co-exist.

Do you really think the rumors are true?  Stefanski said they respect each other and Berry said he has no concerns.

I guess, what would we expect them to say?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/13/kevin-stefanski-on-baker-mayfield-we-push-each-other-and-theres-a-level-of-respect/?partner=MSN

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Serious question... why is this smart? Trying to finish burning the bridge so they can't bring him back?

How is that a "bridge burning statement"?  Did you read it?

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Kind of unprecedented to drop a good bye letter while still under contract 

Well, I guess it's a "whatever is next" letter, formally speaking.... but is that why it's seen as "burning the bridge"?

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Just because it's not confrontational doesn't mean it's not strategic posturing to get outta there? Dudes pissed, and doesn't seem like the type to swallow his pride and go back

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Do you really think the rumors are true?  Stefanski said they respect each other and Berry said he has no concerns.

I guess, what would we expect them to say?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/13/kevin-stefanski-on-baker-mayfield-we-push-each-other-and-theres-a-level-of-respect/?partner=MSN

The way each threw the other under the bus to the media after the Green Bay game, I thought they were done right then 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsShredder83 said:

Serious question... why is this smart? Trying to finish burning the bridge so they can't bring him back?

I didn't see any bridge burning in that letter.  He's playing the sympathetic victim role.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, I guess it's a "whatever is next" letter, formally speaking.... but is that why it's seen as "burning the bridge"?

because nobody writes that letter with the expectation of staying.

hand your boss a letter saying you can’t wait to see what your career will hold two weeks from now and that you are appreciative of the opportunities he’s given you 

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

Pretty sure sexually assaulting numerous women is worse but that’s just me

It is indeed. But were you there to witness these assaults? Sounds like you know exactly what happened with Watson and those women and I’d like to learn what you know…

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

If I’m Watson, I’m going to Cleveland. Better talent available on that team. 

Watson in Cleveland is actually dangerous, especially with that run game. 

Better than Kamara, Michael Thomas and a couple of budding guys in Humphrey and Callaway?

I'd much rather be in NO than Cleveland.

51 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah I think the Browns are moving on, they also looked into trading for Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson. I assume they have to have a plan B when Watson goes elsewhere, since they no doubt are trading baker 

What would their plan B be?  Garoppolo? He's about the only capable QB left that might be available.  

46 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

New Orleans has that but its just a matter if they want to roll with Davis Mills or trade for Baker and of course make sure Team President and CEO Deshaun Watson okays the deal.  

Good luck Deshaun! 

I love the petty. 

How's it feel, Baker?

From Watson’s perspective, why choose to stay in a stacked AFC?

Why not go to the NFC, where the only good QBs are 45 and nearly 40 years old?

Go own the NFC for 15 years instead of street fighting in the loaded AFC every year. That’s what I’d be thinking, anyway.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

It is indeed. But were you there to witness these assaults? Sounds like you know exactly what happened with Watson and those women and I’d like to learn what you know…

Sounds like I have a functioning brain that knows that innocent people don’t get accused by 20+ different women. Lemme guess you think OJ was innocent too?

2 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

Sounds like I have a functioning brain that knows that innocent people don’t get accused by 20+ different women. Lemme guess you think OJ was innocent too?

What does OJ have to do with your accusations of Watson? You said confidently he assaulted women and all I asked was to share the knowledge you have since it sounds like you’re very much in the know. What I can tell you is that I’m not 100% sure either way if Watson is innocent or guilty, so I’m not going to speak like I know what I’m talking about. 

• Like (+1) 1

He should go the Falcons, play with Kyle Pitts, go back to Georgia where the fans will probably be most liekely to accept him. 

At the same time, the Panthers owner has been obsessed with him for a couple of years now, so he knows he is truly wanted there. 

2 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

Please go to NFC.

I'm thinking I'm good with him in Cleveland and Baker in Houston.

The NFC North and West will eat each other.  You go 3-3 in division and you're looking at a 6-7 loss season.  

Haven't seen Watson play in weather like ever - I can't think of one game.  Dome in Houston, Indy, at Jacksonville, Tennessee usually nice.  

Just didn't want Watson in Miami.   

19 minutes ago, Logic said:

From Watson’s perspective, why choose to stay in a stacked AFC?

Why not go to the NFC, where the only good QBs are 45 and nearly 40 years old?

Go own the NFC for 15 years instead of street fighting in the loaded AFC every year. That’s what I’d be thinking, anyway.

I live in Houston, do you really think Watson wants to go play in Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cincinnati and Cleveland outdoors in the cold and snow every year. He’s been comfy in the air-conditioned Retractable Roof Stadium here

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Panthers is my bet.  None of them have multiple 1sts so they win by having the highest 1st rounder of the other teams, it's the NFC, warm weather and cap room to fit him.

Apparently all the potential trade deals have already been agreed to by the Texans and now it's up to Watson to pick which of the four teams he wants to go to.  Simple as that.

11 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Apparently all the potential trade deals have already been agreed to by the Texans and now it's up to Watson to pick which of the four teams he wants to go to.  Simple as that.

Did they have to take a number?

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Calling it now:  He’s gonna go to the Falcons.  Allen Robinson and Will Fuller are going to join him there.  

Deal will be done tomorrow or Thursday.  

At this point,  that's what I'm hoping for.  Then get Matt Ryan to Cleveland for a couple years while grooming a young QB. Watson scares me with the baggage and potential suspension.  And hopefully deal Mayfield to Seattle since they alienated him. 

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Calling it now:  He’s gonna go to the Falcons.  Allen Robinson and Will Fuller are going to join him there.  

Did his best friend show you texts? if not I don't believe you.

• Haha (+1) 3

This is actually pretty awesome.  He’s obviously not choosing Cleveland, which means NFC.  Don’t see him going to the Saints now that Sean Payton is gone.  It’s Panthers or Falcons.

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

they just restructured Matt Ryan creating 55M in dead money to move on this off-season. 

to get a 10+ year starter is still worth trying to maneuver that but it would be nearly impossible even in our very flexible age of cap manipulation 

it’d be 90M to have to shift around in dead money from Ryan and salary for Watson. 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Agree 1