Deshaun Watson trade down to 2 teams - Falcons & Saints

YoloinOhio

38 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

These people seem worried.

If you're not worried about Watson, why is it a "no brainer" to root against him staying in the conference.  Makes no sense.  I'm not worried, so I don't care where he goes.  Makes sense.

He won't get past the Bills.

I can't imagine why he would go to a crapfest like the Panthers.  The weather? lol.

Very simple weo.  Being in the weaker conference increases a teams chances of making the super bowl. Having an increased chance of making the super bowl gives a team an increased chance to win the super bowl. In the landscape of the NFL, Elite qbs are the key to teams making the playoffs and having success.  Having one more or less elite qbs in the your conference can be the difference between your team winning the super bowl and and your season with an L.  If Joe Burrow was drafted to the NFC, Pat Mahomes may have another Lombardi.  If we traded the Mahomes pick to an nfc team, we may have 2 lombardis by now.  

In my case, it’s not “worrying” as much as it  wanting to give my team its best chance to win a super bowl each year.  The fewer elite qbs we have to compete against in the playoffs, the better chances we have.  It’s simple.  It’s not worrying (in my case anyway).  Can’t speak for everyone, but I would assume they feel similarly…..as in wanting the bills to have the path of least resistance to a super bowl.  If fans prefer to play all the toughest qbs, they’re idiots 

Why would he want to go to Carolina?  

He’s from the south.  He loves the south.  He would play in the conference that has 2 great QBs….and both are old and not for long. Same for wanting to go to NO and Atlanta.   Oh yeah….and he wouldn’t have to play in Cleveland.

Edited by NewEra

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Very simple weo.  Being in the weaker conference increases a teams chances of making the super bowl. Having an increased chance of making the super bowl gives a team an increased chance to win the super bowl. In the landscape of the NFL, Elite qbs are the key to teams making the playoffs and having success.  Having one more or less elite qbs in the your conference can be the difference between your team winning the super bowl and and your season with an L.  If Joe Burrow was drafted to the NFC, Pat Mahomes may have another Lombardi.  If we traded the Mahomes pick to an nfc team, we may have 2 lombardis by now.  

In my case, it’s not “worrying” as much as it  wanting to give my team its best chance to win a super bowl each year.  The fewer elite qbs we have to compete against in the playoffs, the better chances we have.  It’s simple.  It’s not worrying (in my case anyway).  Can’t speak for everyone, but I would assume they feel similarly…..as in wanting the bills to have the path of least resistance to a super bowl.  If fans prefer to play all the toughest qbs, they’re idiots 

He’s from the south.  He loves the south.  He would play in the conference that has 2 great QBs….and both are old and not for long. Same for wanting to go to NO and Atlanta.   Oh yeah….and he wouldn’t have to play in Cleveland.

But people here were celebrating Russ Wilson ending up in Denver…I’m confused 🤔 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I'm confident that any he team that had a shot at signing him in the AFC wouldn't be as much of a threat as the team the Bills currently can't get past. 

Watson has had 1 great season on a 5 win team that resulted in the 18th scoring Offense.  By the time he's allowed to play again, no will have seen him in game in almost 2 years.

Carolina is a train wreck coached by a complete moron (who they are stuck with)--no one made more of a laughing stock of the QB position than that tool did last season.  And wasn't Watson's main beef (before he molested everyone in sight) that the Houston management was out of touch and incompetent?

I guess he figures 5 wins is much better in Charlotte than Houston.  If he wanted a chance for a SB, he would never go there.

1 minute ago, mannc said:

But people here were celebrating Russ Wilson ending up in Denver…I’m confused 🤔 

Careful....heads explode!

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

I'm confident that any he team that had a shot at signing him in the AFC wouldn't be as much of a threat as the team the Bills currently can't get past. 

Watson has had 1 great season on a 5 win team that resulted in the 18th scoring Offense.  By the time he's allowed to play again, no will have seen him in game in almost 2 years.

Carolina is a train wreck coached by a complete moron (who they are stuck with)--no one made more of a laughing stock of the QB position than that tool did last season.  And wasn't Watson's main beef (before he molested everyone in sight) that the Houston management was out of touch and incompetent?

I guess he figures 5 wins is much better in Charlotte than Houston.  If he wanted a chance for a SB, he would never go there.

Careful....heads explode!

Means nothing.  What I said states exactly why some bills fans prefer him to go to the nfc…..but not are not necessarily “worried” about him.  That’s the point I was making.  Rest is irrelevant 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Iggles? They’ve been “in” on him for awhile. Hope they submitted their power point presentation with trade proposal to Houston for approval. 

I believe Watson already nixed the Jets, so, my guess would be Philly as well. They have the draft capital.

The pats have remained quiet on the watson front but word on the street is that Kraft is putting the final touches on an assortment of full service luxury massage parlors that are located at the stadium, training facility and clubhouse.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Haha (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Iggles? They’ve been “in” on him for awhile. Hope they submitted their power point presentation with trade proposal to Houston for approval. 

Eagles have 3 first round picks and Hurts to toss into a deal they should be in on Watson.