Deshaun Watson trade down to 2 teams - Falcons & Saints

YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Hurts is from Houston too.  

Normally, that would be interesting points to add into decision...but in this case...None of that matters.  All that matters is where Watson wants to go, he has 100% absolute power in where he goes because of his no trade clause.  So these details like Hurts being from Houston are irrelevant in the final decision.  Only way Watson goes to Philly is if he wants to go to Philly.

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Normally, that would be interesting points to add into decision...but in this case...None of that matters.  All that matters is where Watson wants to go, he has 100% absolute power in where he goes because of his no trade clause.  So these details like Hurts being from Houston are irrelevant in the final decision.  Only way Watson goes to Philly is if he wants to go to Philly.

I didn’t mention it in relation to it impacting Watson’s decision.  Moreso as a point of interest for the Texans if Watson chose Philly.

3 minutes ago, purple haze said:

I didn’t mention it in relation to it impacting Watson’s decision.  Moreso as a point of interest for the Texans if Watson chose Philly.

Oh gotcha, that makes sense.  

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Means nothing.  What I said states exactly why some bills fans prefer him to go to the nfc…..but not are not necessarily “worried” about him.  That’s the point I was making.  Rest is irrelevant 

The posters' worrying posts I cited speak for themselves in an unambiguous way.

24 minutes ago, transient said:

According to my brother-in-law, Vegas just bumped the odds of the Saints winning the SB from 50-1 to 15-1. Wonder if dey know something we don’t. 🤔

Its not true.  Here is a link to the Super Bowl odds on March 11th across Vegas.  Your brother likely saw some dude tweet that on Twitter, as there are a couple people saying that, but its not actually true.

https://www.thelines.com/odds/super-bowl/

And here is a link today:

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/futures/

Nothing has changed about where the Saints were 5 days ago and today.

16 hours ago, purple haze said:

No he won’t.  He can play.   

I disagree.  Yes he can play but there has to be a drop off in his abilities after this.  A year of no hits, a full year of being called a creep (rightfully so in my book) a full year of watching his fortune dwindle to lawyers and settlement options.  He’s not that bright to begin with and doubt he has the mental fortitude to get past all of it.  

I would bet he’s 75% of his former self at best.  

and there is a high probability he does something equally creepy within a fairly short period of time. 

• Agree 1

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Deshaun Watson trade down to 2 teams - Falcons & Saints
1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

For some reason, to me, Watson and the Falcons seem to be a correct match

Deshaun Watson was raised in Gainesville, Georgia.

1 hour drive from Clemson where he played college ball.

1 hour drive from Atlanta and he grew up rooting for the Falcons.

Born in 1995 -- Mike Vick was with the Falcons 2001-2006.

Wonder where this mobile QB with a rocket arm drew his inspiration from?

I never really connected these dots until this moment.... it's gotta be a done deal for the Falcons. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Pitts might catch 200 passes with Watson because who else do they have that can catch the ball?

The Falcons are a bad team…adding Watson and stripping themselves of practically all of their premium draft picks for next few years hardly seems like a formula for success. On top of that, I really don’t think Watson will ever be the same player again.