JD Mckissic to Bills 2 year, 7 million

BillsMafi$

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

This is Beane's favorite time of year. When he starts free agent shopping he doesn't want those Wegmans or a Tops type guys. He likes to go Save-a-Lot bargain hunting lol

This guy has been productive and is a nice complement to Singletary by bringing pass catching skills.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

To whomever laughed at this statement, he was 2nd in receptions, receiving yards, and receiving 1st downs amongst all RB’s last season. Yolo is correct, he IS one of the best receiving backs in the league. It’s a fact, not an opinion. 

That's just a miserable smuck. Don't mind him.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

To whomever laughed at this statement, he was 2nd in receptions, receiving yards, and receiving 1st downs amongst all RB’s last season. Yolo is correct, he IS one of the best receiving backs in the league. It’s a fact, not an opinion. 

It's TBBills that did the laughing. No surprise there. Negative Nancy if ever there was one.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, First Round Bust said:

the first succesful screen pass or draw play in Bills history to a RB will be the first succesful screen pass or draw play in Bills history

Chan Gailey dialed up some pretty good screens to Jackson and Spiller.

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

A lot of people on here have admitted to only watching the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1

I like this singing a lot.  But the value of this signing will come down to one thing…snap count.  And to get snaps, he needs to be active.  

I mean he’s being signed to be what they kind of signed Brieda to be last year.  Speedy guy who can catch passes.  

But they consistently didn’t use Brieda or even have him active.  They rarely had Devin, Moss and Brieda active in the same game.  

So, for this signing to have any real impact, he is going to need to be active each week.  Makes me wonder if one of our RBs like Moss is going to be traded or cut so they can commit to a regular dosage of Devin and JD.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

They saved money on Saffold over Williams and, at the very least, didn't downgrade the OL.

They saved money on Settle/Jones over Harry/Butler, and likely upgraded the IDL.

Now they signed a top 3 receiving back in the NFL... an offensive element we haven't really utilized in seasons past.  This move is not status quo.

I dont think any of it awful, just meh. 

Saffold is a downgrade in the pass blocking game. He has been one of the worst in the league. Will be interesting to see how that plays out. 

No problem with the DT's. Just still need an end. 

I am not as high on McKissic. Again not awful but Breida has the ability to be used this way and was not. Hope I am looking back next year saying I was wrong about this one, just dont see him having a big role and think money could have been spent elsewhere. Does look like this year cap could be low though so the its not so bad. Just would hate to see $4m on this guy.

• Eyeroll 1

Good addition.  Blitz pickup, pass catching 3rd down back.  Still need a bruiser for short yardage, hate to keep having JA do that.  Moss does not seem to be the answer there.  And it looks like Singletary on 1st and 2nd.  Perhaps a late round pick?  

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

It's TBBills that did the laughing. No surprise there. Negative Nancy if ever there was one.

Oh ***** you are mad and now like to make things up. I am not negative but I won't get all giddy about a RB who doesn't run

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

two questions here: (1) can he rush the ball/was he asked to.  If so, could he surpass Singletary on 1st and 2nd.  OR (2) could he be put lined up wide, having Singletary as a back and him as a WR in certain sitautions.  

Overall, I like what we got, a productive great 3rd down back.  

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

Oh ***** you are mad and now like to make things up. I am not negative but I won't get all giddy about a RB who doesn't run

He had more yards and had a higher YPC than Moss, though.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The value of this signing will come down to one thing…snap count.  And to get snaps, he needs to be active.  

I mean he’s being signed to be what they signed Brieda to be last year.  Speedy guy who can catch passes.  

But they consistently didn’t use Brieda or even have him active.  They rarely had Devin, Moss and Brieda active in the same game.  

So, for this signing to have any real impact, he is going to need to be active each week.  Makes me wonder if one of our RBs like Moss is going to be traded or cut.  

There has to be something about Breida that is seen in practices or in the facility and turning coaches off that fans arent privy to. Because it wasnt just the Bills who refused to utilize him and his skill set. The same thing happened to him in SF and Miami. There is a pattern there. Useful, needed skillset, but 3 teams in a row refuse to play him.

• Agree 3

14 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

He’s the dude that you agonize over picking up on Fantasy Waivers in Week 12 because your entire roster is on bye or injured and your desperate…but not sure if you are THAT desperate!

You must play in 8 and 10 man leagues I see

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

There has to be something about Breida that is seen in practices or in the facility and turning coaches off that fans arent privy to. Because it wasnt just the Bills who refused to utilize him and his skill set. The same thing happened to him in SF and Miami. There is a pattern there. Useful, needed skillset, but 3 teams in a row refuse to play him.

Yeah seems like it, especially since he showed promise when he did get on the field here as well

8 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

This guy has been productive and is a nice complement to Singletary by bringing pass catching skills.

No complaints, I like the signing but I'm just saying, outside of getting Diggs, he hasn't really made that big move since he's been here

31 minutes ago, nucci said:

what pace does he bring?  How come there are no change of pace WRs?

Excellent pass catcher out of the backfield, he can also split out at WR in passing downs and is a very good blocker, all imo are great to have. I'd say McKenzie is a change of pace WR plus we still have the draft. Who is the speed WR you're hoping Buffalo signs? 

Looking at what his usage was in WAS last 2 seasons J.D. has half the total offensive snaps.

I'm going to guess with his cost that he splits time pretty even with Motor.

RB3 is going to need to be a ST player so I see Moss having a hard time making the cuts.

Edited by ColoradoBills

6 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I dont think any of it awful, just meh. 

Saffold is a downgrade in the pass blocking game. He has been one of the worst in the league. Will be interesting to see how that plays out. 

No problem with the DT's. Just still need an end. 

I am not as high on McKissic. Again not awful but Breida has the ability to be used this way and was not. Hope I am looking back next year saying I was wrong about this one, just dont see him having a big role and think money could have been spent elsewhere. Does look like this year cap could be low though so the its not so bad. Just would hate to see $4m on this guy.

Because his football IQ is 💩 

Because Dorsey is not Daboll.  
He will be used.  Promise

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Excellent pass catcher out of the backfield, he can also split out at WR in passing downs and is a very good blocker, all imo are great to have. I'd say McKenzie is a change of pace WR plus we still have the draft. Who is the speed WR you're hoping Buffalo signs? 

I guess I'm just tired of football cliches...change of pace, battle in the trenches....I like the signing. He's a very good player.

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Looking at what his usage in WAS last 2 seasons J.D. has half the total offensive snaps.

I'm going to guess with his cost that he splits time pretty even with Motor.

RB3 is going to need to be a ST player so I see Moss having a hard time making the cuts.

We had Motor, Moss and Brieda last season, none of which were special teamers. 

6 minutes ago, TBBills said:

You laughed at someone saying he was one of the best receiving backs in the league, when is stats show without question that he IS. Third in receptions and receiving yardage among running backs in the past three seasons. So he is quite literally one of the top three receiving backs in the league. You laughed at the notion.

You don't need to be giddy, but laughing off objective facts as if they are merely a laugh-worthy opinion may cause some to wonder if you're being needlessly negative or contrarian for contrarianism's sake.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1