Bills FA rumors thread

YoloinOhio

44 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Engram. seems to be injured an awful lot.

The Cover One Air Raid guys earlier tonight discussed this very point and highlighted that he really only missed 2 total starts in 2 years, so not maybe as much as it seems—he has a lot of upside, imo. Plus Dawson can give him some off-season catching improvement pointers lol. They also pointed out how close those 2 were from having played together in college. 

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

The Cover One Air Raid guys earlier tonight discussed this very point and highlighted that he really only missed 2 total starts in 2 years, so not maybe as much as it seems—he has a lot of upside, imo. Plus Dawson can give him some off-season catching improvement pointers lol. They also pointed out how close those 2 were from having played together in college. 

I think he is ok but nothing special. He's really not a tight end in my opinion. I'd rather just draft a wide receiver or hoping McKenzie stays ob the team. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, CNY315 said:

They throw these numbers out there to make it appear one way, but the truth about Knox is he's gotten better every single year. His rookie year is why this stat is the way it is. In 2021 he had a 5.6% drop rate and that was BETTER than Travis Kelce who was at 7.5%.

• Like (+1) 1

My Giants fan friend says Ingram is horrible- that all you ever hear is ‘potential’...and that the guy can’t stay healthy and has ‘cinder blocks for hands’...another word he used was ‘bust’...

Puff puff PASS!!! 😉

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, H2o said:

They throw these numbers out there to make it appear one way, but the truth about Knox is he's gotten better every single year. His rookie year is why this stat is the way it is. In 2021 he had a 5.6% drop rate and that was BETTER than Travis Kelce who was at 7.5%.

Engram improved some last year as well. 

8 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Sign me up for both Gronk and Engram.  Give Josh a 6th OL in Gronk who’s also a red zone threat.  And Engram can be a bigger version of mckenzie.  

Would love to get bigger and more physical at the skill positions.  

I wouldn’t say that adding Engram would make this team more physical.  Can add some receiving chops in 2 TE sets, but I don’t think he would add much in run blocking.

• Agree 1

Do folks not remember all the early March/Combine free agency hype surrounding the Bills last year?  All the “big splash” rumors that were discussed endlessly here for weeks?

Then they resigned some of their own players and a new (terrible) punter and called it a day.

Prepare to be disappointed.  If you’re feeling whelmed now, take the under.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Do folks not remember all the early March/Combine free agency hype surrounding the Bills last year?  All the “big splash” rumors that were discussed endlessly here for weeks?

Then they resigned some of their own players and a new (terrible) punter and called it a day.

I don't.

• Haha (+1) 1

I've been hesitant to say bring in Chandler Jones. I, like a lot on this board feel we have a ton of $ spent on the dline. Now with Hughes and Addison being FAs, I feel this would be a major improvement to our pressure/sack rate. But it's not just Chandler that would get me excited. I saw a lot of promise in Rousseau. He's now going into his 2nd season and a full off-season of big boy NFL training. Chandler will draw a ton of attention and that would leave Greg one on one on the other side. Add to that, Oliver's improvement and this move would transform our dline from a high pressure unit to a high sack unit. Imagine that in the AFCE. Goal #1 is the division. Hope we figure out a way to get it done

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

My Giants fan friend says Ingram is horrible- that all you ever hear is ‘potential’...and that the guy can’t stay healthy and has ‘cinder blocks for hands’...another word he used was ‘bust’...

Puff puff PASS!!! 😉

To be fair that whole franchise has been trash 

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I don't actually.  Beane said up front last season that we would not be big players in FA.  He's usually a pretty straight shooter.

And we did sign Sanders for $6M

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't actually.  Beane said up front last season that we would not be big players in FA.  He's usually a pretty straight shooter.

And we did sign Sanders for $6M

It's possible he re-thinks this position given "notable" players are expressing interest in the Bills, assuming they'll take a slight discount to join the super bowl contender.

11 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Sign me up for both Gronk and Engram.  Give Josh a 6th OL in Gronk who’s also a red zone threat.  And Engram can be a bigger version of mckenzie.  

Would love to get bigger and more physical at the skill positions.  

Throw in Chandler Jones and it will feel like we hit the lotto.  Will give us some short-term vet upgrades and fill needs at the same time.

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

A RB and a ILB. Geesh. 🙄

This team is 95% built. You don’t been to apply the same silliness to roster building as a team that’s far away. One of the best non QBs in the league that is a complete playmaker on offense and a guy to turn the tide of physicality on defense could be the difference in winning the whole thing. 

20 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This team is 95% built. You don’t been to apply the same silliness to roster building as a team that’s far away. One of the best non QBs in the league that is a complete playmaker on offense and a guy to turn the tide of physicality on defense could be the difference in winning the whole thing. 

No thanks on McCaffrey.  He already has a lot of wear and tear and has started having injuries.  High-mileage, undersized RBs are not a good investment, in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Are there any actual rumors in this thread to read?  24 pages is a lot to go through to find out lol

FA officially starts on Wednesday March 16th at 4:00 P.M. However teams can start talking to FA's on Monday March 14th during the "legal tampering" period. Probably will hear lots of rumors on Monday.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Greg S said:

FA officially starts on Wednesday March 16th at 4:00 P.M. However teams can start talking to FA's on Monday March 14th during the "legal tampering" period. Probably will hear lots of rumors on Monday.

Thanks, only rumors I have seen online so far are rumored interest in either Gronk or Engram.  So was wondering if there was anything more maybe in this thread without having to scrub 24 pages haha.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Thanks, only rumors I have seen online so far are rumored interest in either Gronk or Engram.  So was wondering if there was anything more maybe in this thread without having to scrub 24 pages haha.  

We will have a better sense on Monday… nearly there!!!! 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Really just the Breer comment about a big name player reaching out to the Bills.  

That’s the only one I’ve seen. 

1 minute ago, H2o said:

"He wants to play for a contender"

In other words, Sorry Seattle/Miami/Atlanta and any other bum squad who rings his phone. 

The Fins were respectable with Flores they just didn't have a QB. Given everything that has happened to them since I can't see him signing there. 

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Out of all those the only two contenders for the Superbowl are the Broncos and Bills.    Dolphins and Eagles are playoff contenders, the Seahawks and Falcons are on the outside looking in.

I do think the Bills will make a strong push for Chandler.

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

So…. Bills or Broncos if this guy is to be believed. But I saw a report earlier today that Von Miller isn’t expected to

return to Denver because they won’t meet his price. So I’m not sure they will meet Jones’ price. Unless they aren’t meeting Von Millers price because of this? 

Just now, Magox said:

Out of all those the only two contenders for the Superbowl are the Broncos and Bills.    Dolphins and Eagles are playoff contenders, the Seahawks and Falcons are on the outside looking in.

I do think the Bills will make a strong push for Chandler.

If I were him I would choose the Bills over the Broncos. That division is brutal. The Bills play in a division with Moe, Larry, and Curly. Buffalo has the easier path to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl then the Broncos do. Of course money is always a factor so the Bills offer has to be in line with what others are offering.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.