Bills FA rumors thread

YoloinOhio

We're not going to sign a CB on this team that will be making more then Tre.  That's just not possible.   

Over 15% of the cap will be on the 2 CBs.  And with almost 10% of it on both safeties......that's almost 1/4 the cap on the starting secondary.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

Curious if it’s a trade for a Steelers player or draft picks. 

A trade is the only thing that can quiet the Edmunds apologists. I suspected they were looking for a partner in the last offseason and had no takers. Cross your fingers.

On 3/8/2022 at 9:10 AM, IronMaidenBills said:

Of course people are going to come. But the article implies that Pegs wants to bring a “big splash” player to give extra incentive to help swallow the increased prices. Since a new stadium isn’t here yet, I’d imagine such a signing would be a very long term one, like 4 or 5 years.

Only players that fit that definition are CMC, Barkley, and Mack. Adams would be a splash move, but not likely a long term contract given his age. 

No one outside of Buffalo would view Barkley as a splash signing. He’s pretty worthless at this point.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

God they better make it happen quickly once free agency starts. Whoever these 2 guys are, hope they are as good as Breer claims.

Names were leaked. I don’t know much about either one of them.

Mark Gastineau

Brian Bosworth

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

So he thinks he knows who it is, refuses to say who it is, and also thinks it won't happen.

what-the-fuck-are-we-doing-here-upset.gi

Haha, you nailed it.

There's a handful of Buffalo media/radio guys that I've come to realize are full of shiz. Nate Geary is one of them. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, junior said:

Not far off you say?

• Team (former Pats):
    • Chandler Jones
    • JC Jackson
  • Position (CB):
    • JC Jackson
    • Carlton Davis
    • Casey Heyward Jr.

What about “former Bills first round picks currently playing on their third team?”

Isn’t Shaq Lawson the obvious answer here?

36 minutes ago, Estro said:

Haha, you nailed it.

There's a handful of Buffalo media/radio guys that I've come to realize are full of shiz. Nate Geary is one of them. 

He’s becoming one of my most disliked Bills media person (Schopp tops him still just bc). But really besides Capaccio’s podcast, I haven’t listened to WGR in a year. So much better content out there. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If anyone wants to be a famous rumor starter on Twitter it's very easy. Just go read fan message boards. Find the hot topics. Then include those players in trade or cut rumors.

You'll be famous overnight. If you're really dedicated you might hit on something. That's all you need to gain followers.

Same goes for free agency. So easy.

I notice people do that here.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Motor26 said:

God they better make it happen quickly once free agency starts. Whoever these 2 guys are, hope they are as good as Breer claims.

The Bills can’t and won’t sign everyone who approaches them in FA. Breer also didn’t say they were good players. He said they were good names. Two different things. Richard Sherman is a good name. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

He’s becoming one of my most disliked Bills media person (Schopp tops him still just bc). But really besides Capaccio’s podcast, I haven’t listened to WGR in a year. So much better content out there. 

Have to turn off WGR when he fills in.

13 hours ago, junior said:

Not far off you say?

• Team (former Pats):
    • Chandler Jones
    • JC Jackson
  • Position (CB):
    • JC Jackson
    • Carlton Davis
    • Casey Heyward Jr.

My interpretation of "Not far off" leads me to Gronk since he played with Gilmore in NE.  I think the Bills will spend more money in free agency than Beane made it seem  back in January, but to me Jackson and Jones may just be too large amount of money to complete the deal.

9 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

My interpretation of "Not far off" leads me to Gronk since he played with Gilmore in NE.  I think the Bills will spend more money in free agency than Beane made it seem  back in January, but to me Jackson and Jones may just be too large amount of money to complete the deal.

Breer said both are defensive guys

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

So explain to me how all of these other teams (Rams, Saints, chiefs, etc) have been able to sign all of these guys year after year but the Bills are only going to be able to get bottom feeder guys…you don’t understand the cap, and that’s ok because neither does anyone else on this board, including myself (not fully at least). Beane and those guys are experts and manipulating the cap if they choose to sign a guy if they really want him 

Lotta fans take too much of an extreme view of the cap - either we can sign whomever we want or we can only dumpster dive.  Neither is true.  The Bills are at the point where they have to make decisions that involve real trade offs.  It’s the point where you see what kind of GM and organization you really have.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

We're not going to sign a CB on this team that will be making more then Tre.  That's just not possible.   

Over 15% of the cap will be on the 2 CBs.  And with almost 10% of it on both safeties......that's almost 1/4 the cap on the starting secondary.  

Having Jackson would be great for 2022 as no idea what shape White will be in Sept or Oct or even the full season.  But long term, very hard to afford two guys White and Jackson at that level without short changing other areas of the team.  As you also mention having top level and well paid safeties.

On the other hand adding a top level edge rusher like a Jones makes much more sense as we really have a void there as don't currently have one.  Having said that, still not sure they'd go that high in money to sign Jones.  But do think maybe a step down from him is feasible and a bigger step down from Jackson at CB will be signed.  Or maybe a bigger name CB signed but only on a one year deal till White is 100%.

Can see players having more interest in Buffalo than the team has interest in them due to money shortage to go around.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.