Rodgers wants 50 million per year from the Packers per ESPN Dianna Russini

Greg S

36 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Should be an easy decision for the packers. They traded up to draft his replacement. Now trade him and give his replacement something to work with. Unlessssssss….. his replacement his a bum named Jordan Love.  Sucks for the pack

Packers had no problem dumping Favre for Rodgers when they drafted him.  Will probably be same scenario

27 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Tannehill makes what, $30m/year?  $50m for Rodgers sounds reasonable.

Since 2012 (Tannehill's rookie year) Tannehill and Rodgers have the same amount of Super Bowl appearances. If the Packers pay Rodgers $50M a season that trend will continue.

Back to back MVPs are great. However that's not the goal for front offices that want to stay employed long.

• Dislike 1

49 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Should be an easy decision for the packers. They traded up to draft his replacement. Now trade him and give his replacement something to work with. Unlessssssss….. his replacement his a bum named Jordan Love.  Sucks for the pack

It actually should be an easy choice. You trade Rodgers. There will be a strong market, I believe...and you should get multiple 1sts as well as other assets back. Play Love. If he's terrible, you have an outrageous amount of draft capitol to draft his replacement the following year and set yourself up for a decade plus. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

....he says on a professional sports message board.

There are other forums here that you may not be aware of.  

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Yes, college football head coach salaries are so much more reasonable. 

Let me add amature sports to this.  Sports became very boring to me 5 or 6 years ago.  

Depending on what term he wants I think 50 mil is pretty close to his fair market value. Mahomes signed at 45/year 2 seasons ago. 

If I was a GM I'd only offer a maximum of 2 years at 50 mil though. Back to back MVPs non-withstanding he is 38 years old.

Good luck to any team offering him 50/year to field a SB caliber roster. They'll need to do some real cap gymnastics to be competitive. 

1 hour ago, Lost said:

Packers had no problem dumping Favre for Rodgers when they drafted him.  Will probably be same scenario

I agree….IF they think Love can be their franchise QB.  I have my doubts

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

It actually should be an easy choice. You trade Rodgers. There will be a strong market, I believe...and you should get multiple 1sts as well as other assets back. Play Love. If he's terrible, you have an outrageous amount of draft capitol to draft his replacement the following year and set yourself up for a decade plus. 

It’s easy from the couch.  Maybe not as easy if you take into account who the QB that you’re giving the keys to car is.  Trading the back to back mvp qb to turn your franchise over to Love has got to be one of the toughest decisions ever.  Trading him makes all the sense in the world….if your new QB is worthy.  Is he worthy?  Idk

People will hate me for saying it, but this makes me respect Brady a little bit. Went to 7(?) super bowls with the Patriots, set numerous records etc etc and took pay cuts to keep the team competitive. I'll never make nfl money, but I just will never understand making huge amounts of money, and then after making that money asking for a more ridiculous amount. 

19 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Maybe you should ask why I didn't ask why. 

I was pointing it out in jest, my dude. Relax.🤫

Ah maybe next time make it apparent that it was in jest. 

12 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I will take full responsibility for summoning @Chef Jim to the main board. Mods, I'll keep an eye out for my ban notice.

Ban?  No!!!  Sanctions against you and your Oligarch friends who…..oh *****. Forgot where I was. Back to PPP!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Packers fans have gotten to damn fat off of going from Favre to Rodgers and 20+ years of competitive ball.

it’s not even a question.

Back to Back MVPs…playing better than Brady, Mahomes, Allen, Lamar, Murray, Burrow.

Spins it better than am arm in the league.

He sits at the top.  When you sit at the top you get the green.

Time to pay up.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.