Bills raising season ticket prices

chongli

Didn't see this in a search, but mods feel free to delete if already posted:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/11/bills-raising-ticket-prices-for-2022-season/

"The team announced on Friday that season tickets will increase by an average of $11.57 per game. The average price for season tickets across regular and club seating will now be $113 per game while general admission will go up to $91.98.

“We think it’s fair market value,” Bills vice president of ticket sales and service Chris Colleary said. “We compare other teams’ prices; we compare our historical prices. We compare the value of that seat as a season ticket, the value as a single game. We evaluate every seat, every row. There are some seats that may go up $3 a game and there are others that might go up $20 a game. The seats that go up $20 a game might be in the first five rows of the 100-level compared to a seat in the 300 level. So, we factor all those things in it.”

Colleary also said that the team now has a waiting list of about 3,000 for season tickets and they may increase season ticket capacity as a result."

Edited by chongli

Since we only get 8 home games this year the price we pay might not change from last year. But then they won't increase next year but have 9 home games. $$$$ They did this with the Toronto series when some years we'd only have 7 home games to blunt the perception of  price increases. The NFL is an expensive club to belong to.

EDIT: I'm wrong. I forgot they add a 2nd preseason game when there's only 8 home games. SO you're paying for 10 either way.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Since we only get 8 home games this year the price we pay might not change from last year. But then they won't increase next year but have 9 home games. $$$$ They did this with the Toronto series when some years we'd only have 7 home games to blunt the perception of  price increases. The NFL is an expensive club to belong to.

I see what you are saying. But technically, teams get the same number of home games each season, since when they are away for nine games, they get to host two pre-season games, instead of just one.

2 minutes ago, chongli said:

I see what you are saying. But technically, teams get the same number of home games each season, since when they are away for nine games, they get to host two pre-season games, instead of just one.

The preseason tickets are the biggest scam I've ever seen. You pay full price for meaningless games played in large part by guys that won't be in the team in 3 weeks.

Then they jack up priced for the Divisional and (if we were to host) AFCCC because those games mean more. Which is understandable. However paying the full bird for preseason is a rip off.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

The preseason tickets are the biggest scam I've ever seen. You pay full price for meaningless games played in large part by guys that won't be in the team in 3 weeks.

Then they jack up priced for the Divisional and (if we were to host) AFCCC because those games mean more. Which is understandable. However paying the full bird for preseason is a rip off.

Technically you aren't. Look at your invoice. The Bills use dynamic pricing. Every game is a different price. Pre-seasons are the cheapest.

Say you pay $1,000 for a season ticket. In your mind you think every game is a $100 ticket. But some games might be $200 and the preseason games $50.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

36 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I always took preseason games to mean the start of tailgating season. It's summer its nice out. Go to the stadium and start grilling some food and drink a few beers. The game is secondary. I will go in the stadium but usually leave by halftime. Tailgating is the primary event for a preseason game.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, chongli said:

Well, just some of the times, lol. 

Are you married? That affects your percentages. 😋

Apparently they consider everything. Do they consider aisle seats? I would gladly pay more to be on an aisle rather than being stuck in the middle of a row! Where I am in a row matters a LOT to me. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I thought last year they added that 9th game in as a freebie (I know, it seems like the NFL giving something away could never ever happen.)

If the Germany and Mexico games are any indication, I think the league is moving towards having each team play 8 home, 8 away and 1 neutral site game. That probably makes a lot of sense in the long run, maybe that 5th inter-conference game ends up being the neutral site game. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

EDIT: I'm wrong. I forgot they add a 2nd preseason game when there's only 8 home games. SO you're paying for 10 either way.

Paying for ten, inflation will cause concessions to go up further with looming PSL’s on the horizon - ouch! Personally, I am glad I am not renewing my tickets. 

1 hour ago, Brennan Huff said:

Gotta make up for the empty hockey arena

Epically bad! No one in this town even cares about the Shitbres anymore. Total dumpster fire for 11 years.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, BTB said:

Some people act like it is a gift to WNY that prices are in the bottom 1/3 of the league.   Why is this a surprise?  It is all about market size. 

The Pegula’s will be playing with fire if PSL’s and ticket prices go crazy with the new stadium. 

They will figure out what the market can afford. It won't be what the Jets/Giants charge since they can draw from NYC but prices will go up significantly. You know that saying about "**** travels down hill". Someone has to pay for it and guess who is at the bottom of the hill. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.