Harrison Phillips: "who gives a **** if it's cold; let's just play football"

eball

A true midwestern boy. He may have played at Stanford but he grew up in Nebraska.

btw he’s no dummie (see Stanford degree). He wants a new contract from Buffalo. This is just another notch on the “yes” side of that equation to the Bills

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

14 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Phillips is turning into a very gritty player, a true Kyle Williams lite so to speak.

I've been pretty hard on you for your trolling posts but this one is somewhat true...without the "lite" designation.  Phillips is beginning to show that he could bring exactly what Kyle brought to the table, both on and off the field.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, eball said:

I've been pretty hard on you for your trolling posts but this one is somewhat true...without the "lite" designation.  Phillips is beginning to show that he could bring exactly what Kyle brought to the table, both on and off the field.

Besides the pass rushing honestly 

Kyle got us 10.5 sacks and a bunch of 5 sacks from the DT spot 

I don't think Harry will reach that in the pass rushing department

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

As we used to say in the military:

image.png.ebaff16f42e2300e9163555e1ab4dfe3.png

Let the Pats f**king whine about the weather.  The Bills should embrace it as their friend. 

Who's tougher?  Who's mentally stronger?  Let's find out, losers!

I haven't heard of anyone whining about the weather.  Have you?

PS:  It gets cold in Boston too.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

A true midwestern boy. He may have played at Stanford but he grew up in Nebraska.

btw he’s no dummie (see Stanford degree). He wants a new contract from Buffalo. This is just another notch on the “yes” side of that equation to the Bills

To do my part to turn this into an architectural thread, Stanford has an awesome stadium: a huge pit was dug and the stadium is placed in that, such that the overall profile isn't inordinately tall when looking from ground level outside. It really reduces wind. 

Also, f*ck yeah Harry. 

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Man, I hope this D-line and Harry continue to play at the level they have the past few weeks.  The lines finally playing well equals a SB win, IMO.  

Lots of factors, including great play from both trenches. I don't think we win a SB without both.

27 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Wish a lot of our fans had the same mentality...

We're on a message board so we just hear it a lot more 

The bill sold 70,000 tickets for the game.. whatever reason people are trying to sell them is empty

70,000 Gave pegula their money 

2 hours ago, Utah John said:

Agreed, but Phillips has the talent to turn out even better than Kyle.  And that's a very high bar.

I'm loving Harry, but I don't think this is true. Harry doesn't have the physical talent Kyle had. I think a better comparison to Kyle is Justin Zimmer, physically anyway.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

As we used to say in the military:

image.png.ebaff16f42e2300e9163555e1ab4dfe3.png

Let the Pats f**king whine about the weather.  The Bills should embrace it as their friend. 

Who's tougher?  Who's mentally stronger?  Let's find out, losers!

When it's too cold for them , it's just RIGHT for us

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

Obviously I take nothing away from the great KW, hence the 'lite' designation.

But this is another guy I was dead wrong about but that's a good thing. Question now is if we are going to be able to keep him especially if Frazier gets a HC gig as expected and tries to poach this roster and/or someone else offers a huge deal that we simply can't match.

1 hour ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Wish a lot of our fans had the same mentality...

There's a BIG difference between playing in it and sitting there watching it.

You don't even really feel it when you're playing.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

If you've ever gone skiing or sledding or even taking a winter hike in the woods - Wear those clothes. Y'all will be fine. If you live in the area and don't have extenuating circumstances, you should be there helping us give a nice Buffalo welcome to "MJ10"! <puke>

• Like (+1) 1

Harry is showing what I saw last year before he was injured, great on the run and able to cause to disruption on pass plays. If he can stay healthy he shouldn't cost much I'd give him a 2-3 year deal and watch him grow or become another talented guy who is often injured.

It is absolutely undeniable that Horrible Harry went from a trash boat bust to a legit threat on the dline this season.

Some guys take 3 years to develop i guess, especially with injury. However, I think this proves again just how good McD is at coaching up the players and the defense especially

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.