Shaq Lawson possibly returning to Buffalo

FireChans

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

I thought I read somewhere that you can't bring a guy in after regular season to active roster to play in the playoffs. Did anyone else see that article? Can't remember where I read it. It theorized they could sign Shaq to PS cuz he's a great locker room inspiration, and then have first dibs on him next year to potentially play.

I just read you can, but are limited to just 4 guys..  

11 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

How many times have you seen it with NE?

Guy has productive but not elite years with Belichick, signs massive contract in free agency, bombs out in new scheme, tries another spot, bombs out there too, comes back to NE and is productive again under Belichick. 

Love to see it happen here, its a great sign of success IMO. 

Shaq wasn't really that productive with the Bills, though. He was bad at first, became below average, and then had one decent year where he was barely average.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MJS said:

Shaq wasn't really that productive with the Bills, though. He was bad at first, became below average, and then had one decent year where he was barely average.

His last year he played the run at a high level and his pass rush was above adequate I’d say. 

He didn’t put up big sack numbers, but to date no one has in this defensive scheme, so I don’t judge our edge rushers too harshly for that. 

3 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

I used to love those. We were down bad then, really bad.

Like you just ate a 3lb gas station burrito bad? Or you just ate a 3lb gas station burrito and you start driving towards your destination and you realize there are no nearest exits and your electronic locks on your doors aren’t working bad? 

1 minute ago, Yobogoya! said:

His last year he played the run at a high level and his pass rush was above adequate I’d say. 

He didn’t put up big sack numbers, but to date no one has in this defensive scheme, so I don’t judge our edge rushers too harshly for that. 

Oh I think his pass rush was not adequate, and stopping the run is fine, but you don't give guys big contracts or even significant starting time just to stop the run.

I think letting Lawson and Phillips both walk was the right move by far, and I don't even like the idea of bringing either of them back. They are not good enough to be Buffalo Bills in 2022, in my opinion.

And it is suspect that they were both busts but scraped together decent years in their contract year so that they could get paid, then completely underperformed since then.

Excellent depth.  Large with length can have him inside or outside to rush.  Never had big sack numbers but was a solid rotational guy that could disrupt, had 13 TFL and 18 QB Hits his last year here, would be good for 2nd and 1st on the team this year despite the extra game (Milano leads with 15 TFL this year).

Need depth guys like this. 

Just now, ArtVandalay said:

Excellent depth.  Large with length can have him inside or outside to rush.  Never had big sack numbers but was a solid rotational guy that could disrupt, had 13 TFL and 18 QB Hits his last year here, would be good for 2nd and 1st on the team this year despite the extra game (Milano leads with 15 TFL this year).

Need depth guys like this. 

The signing is currently as real as your import export business.

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

42 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

I thought I read somewhere that you can't bring a guy in after regular season to active roster to play in the playoffs. Did anyone else see that article? Can't remember where I read it. It theorized they could sign Shaq to PS cuz he's a great locker room inspiration, and then have first dibs on him next year to potentially play.

Nope the player could not be signed from waivers and be active.  Once he cleared waivers - then he is a FA and they could sign him to either the active roster or the practice squad.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.