CBS switches Jets-Bills to Patriots-Dolphins for most of country

Giuseppe Tognarelli

I know there are existing threads about the maps, but I really wanted to make sure out-of-towners who were planning to get the game tomorrow got the message that they might not be able to anymore. I have Sunday Ticket, but I was planning to go to my parents' a half hour away to watch tomorrow because they were supposed to get the game locally. We had a whole family event planned. Not anymore.

I only found out because I happened to check my DVR tonight. I hate to think that anyone may be surprised tomorrow after making plans.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I know there are existing threads about the maps, but I really wanted to make sure out-of-towners who were planning to get the game tomorrow got the message that they might not be able to anymore. I have Sunday Ticket, but I was planning to go to my parents' a half hour away to watch tomorrow because they were supposed to get the game locally. We had a whole family event planned. Not anymore.

I only found out because I happened to check my DVR tonight. I hate to think that anyone may be surprised tomorrow after making plans.

I see the tweet, but is the map updated? My uncle of me the game was on in my region and asked if he could use my ST. So I just ran with it. I have no idea what the previous map looked like. 

7 hours ago, K-9 said:

Understandable programming decision. Pats*** vs Phins is a better matchup. 

1 hour ago, purple haze said:

Makes sense.  The network probably sees a possibility of the Pats/Dolphins being a competitive game.  They assume Bills/Jets won’t be as competitive. Which I don’t necessarily agree with. 

What doesn't make sense is that they switched it. That logic should have made sense from the start. They decided not to do that, and then they changed their mind in the last minute.

That's what is weird.

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Why wouldn't they?

Why didn't they do that from the start?

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, MJS said:

What doesn't make sense is that they switched it. That logic should have made sense from the start. They decided not to do that, and then they changed their mind in the last minute.

That's what is weird.

Why didn't they do that from the start?

Can only think that if the Chiefs had lost to the Broncos we’d have been in the hunt for the number one seed, plus AFCE is on the line? As the Chiefs won the number one seed has gone and Pats at Dolphins should be a more competitive game for the neutral.

10 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

The map is updated

I'm not sure about that, to be honest.  I took a picture of yesterday's map to send it to my family (a diaspora of Bills fans spread around the country).  I'm comparing it with the one on the 506 Sports NFL page for Week 18 (9 Jan 22) and it doesn't look any different than it did 24 hours ago.  Better make sure of that.

1 minute ago, Whites Bay said:

I'm not sure about that, to be honest.  I took a picture of yesterday's map to send it to my family (a diaspora of Bills fans spread around the country).  I'm comparing it with the one on the 506 Sports NFL page for Week 18 (9 Jan 22) and it doesn't look any different than it did 24 hours ago.  Better make sure of that.

Quick update of my own.  I just checked the map again, and the following bullet points are present:

UPDATES:

many cities nationwide: NYJ-BUF to NE-MIA (Fri)

Fresno CA: CAR-TB to NYJ-BUF (Fri)

Cape Girardeau MO; Mason City IA: NYJ-BUF to CAR-TB (Fri)

The photo I took yesterday doesn't include these comments, so I can't tell you whether they were there yesterday or not.

• Like (+1) 1

My mom is going to be upset. We talked yesterday and she was excited to finally see a Bills game.  They live in TN and rarely get them on tv.  And at her age streaming them on some internet site is not happening.  

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

For sure, but I've never seen such a major last-minute change

I have seen changes like this from time to time.

One game is advertised all week but a different one shows up on the DVR when Sunday comes.

I guess someone changed their mind along the way.

Doesn't happen often, but now and again you see it.

I live in Dolphins country so I'm getting the Miami game no matter what!

👎

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.