Bills need snow shovelers

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

$15 an hour for back breaking labor … with businesses desperate for labor, I doubt they’ll have much luck with this

I did this during the Superbowl era. Shoveled snow, picked up garbage. Graduated to cutting checks for those that did the work at the end of the shift. That's the draw. You're paid when you're done, so the lure of quick money is what will bring people out. Primarily from the East and West sides. 

24 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

My wallets in the car....did I do that right @HOUSE

My shovels in the trunk and so are my car keys ;) 

Would be a better response ;)

20 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

$15 an hour for back breaking labor … with businesses desperate for labor, I doubt they’ll have much luck with this

I do it at home for free ;)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

What?   No free tickets to the game?

I thought Ralph was cheap 

You can buy them for $8. Who is cheap now?

Edited by MJS
  • Haha (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

What?   No free tickets to the game?

I thought Ralph was cheap 

Eh - tickets are only $8. A couple of hot meals and a Wegman's card seems like a better deal.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, arcane said:

If I didn't have to work my regular job I'd be there just to be inside the stadium. 

Me too.  It would be an interesting experience.  I’m sure the novelty would wear off quick though.

Is this PSE or Erie county running the operation?   If it were me I would make it a little more enticing.  $20/hr or more would get more people there, get it done faster and might actually save money. 

58 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Back breaking?  Start at the top... Push with one hand... When you get to the bottom of the stadium... That's when you quite.

Seriously... Pretty easy to just push it down... Run a shovel over benches to aisle....Then push it down.   

YET... Hate to be waiting to tackle the pile at bottom.  I wonder where they put in the upper deck?

37 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

God, what I wouldn't give to be a transient homeless person living in Orchard Park. 

For one weekend, I would be the king of the hill.

Cash for the drugs and Wegmans gift cards for the booze. 

Based on your post it is safe to say that you have never been or really known a homeless / transient person. Very hard life regardless if it was by poor choices, bad circumstances, or mental issues. To be that in Buffalo would be hell in the wintertime. I have done ministry with the homeless and they can be some of the kindest people you will ever meet. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Serious question.  Where do you put the snow?   Seems like you would just toss it where the next guy is shelving.   Or is just the field that gets shoveled?

Pushed to the aisles, chutes placed in the aisles, shovel snow in chutes, dumped on the playing surface, back loaders place snow in dump trucks, ultimately finding a home in the ECC parking lots.

20 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I wonder where they put in the upper deck?

pushed to the lower deck

Just now, Nextmanup said:

For a kid this would be a great deal and an interesting experience.

Do they have an age limit?  Like 16 + maybe?

I think it's 18+

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Draconator said:

Pushed to the aisles, chutes placed in the aisles, shovel snow in chutes, dumped on the playing surface, back loaders place snow in dump trucks, ultimately finding a home in the ECC parking lots.

How do back loaders move large quantities of snow around without destroying the field?

7 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Based on your post it is safe to say that you have never been or really known a homeless / transient person. Very hard life regardless if it was by poor choices, bad circumstances, or mental issues. To be that in Buffalo would be hell in the wintertime. I have done ministry with the homeless and they can be some of the kindest people you will ever meet. 

Yeah that's why I said I would only want to be one of them for this specific weekend.

Seems like tough sledding most of the time, but for this weekend, they can turn the tables and get a job, see a game, shop at Wegmans, and crush some beers.

Small victories shouldn't be overlooked. 

5 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Back loaders and dump trucks drive on the very edges of the playing surface only. Never directly on the field.

But it's still the astroturf stuff, isn't it?  The entire "floor" of the stadium is covered in it.

Seems like you would damage it, even if players aren't playing on it.

And then how do they get heavy snowfall off the field where they DO play?

It's an interesting problem I think.  Maybe that fake grass is tougher than I think!

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

I did this during the Superbowl era. Shoveled snow, picked up garbage. Graduated to cutting checks for those that did the work at the end of the shift. That's the draw. You're paid when you're done, so the lure of quick money is what will bring people out. Primarily from the East and West sides. 

There are places all over Atlanta and most major cities where day laborers gather to find whatever work they can get. I would think there would be a way to find those people and let them get their shovel on. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

I'd go but Washington DC area is snowed in for a week (we need a dome) with amount of snow received in WNY cleared in a single day.

Haha, I see they got over a foot in some places. They definitely can't handle that...

We had about 16-17 inches so far here and people are out driving around like normal 😂 

Sit around for a week and wait for it to melt? Ain't nobody got time for that!

https://youtu.be/6gLMSf4afzo

Edited by Big Turk

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Haha, I see they got over a foot in some places. They definitely can't handle that...

We had about 16-17 inches so far here and people are out driving around like normal 😂

And another storm coming. I am going to drive to pick my daughter up for metrorail cannot handle snow.

35 minutes ago, Draconator said:

pushed to the lower deck

I think it's 18+

So... Then, the push it all the way down... Let it cascade over edge of upper deck into lower bowl?  I wonder if the crank the heaters in the clubs to help it or would that just make things worse, freezing and melted water.   I've would suck on the steps!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.