Around the League Sunday 12/26

Hapless Bills Fan

6 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

The Steelers man...how did we lose to this team? They've totally given up. 

For the past couple seasons, Ben has faded big-time down the stretch. He just doesn’t have the strength to compete an entire season anymore. Game 1, he was 100%.

• Agree 1

Don't look now, but the Chiefs have caught fire at the perfect time.

They used to struggle with the short game.  Looks like they've got it down now.  Mahomes right back in the MVP race from the slump earlier in the year.

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

Do we want Denver or raiders? Or does it not matter 

With Gordon and Williams, definitely the Raiders, given a choice.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yikes. First real game action though. Not sure if he will ever get more. 

He is PS eligible so and the Giants are in a rough spot so he’ll kick around until somebody needs to actually waste a roster spot on him. 

7 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

If we win out and Titans, Chiefs lose their last two games. We get the #1 seed?

Colts would have to lose a game or they would win the division and seeding along with the Bengals losing their last game because

they would have to beat the Chiefs next Sunday.

• Agree 1

I don’t disagree with the Wilson to Giants possibility, but I don’t think it’d be the best spot for him. I wouldn’t want anything to do with that dumpster fire franchise, at least not until Judge is gone as coach. Playing in NY suddenly becomes a much lesser stage when the Giants are losing. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, clayboy54 said:

For the past couple seasons, Ben has faded big-time down the stretch. He just doesn’t have the strength to compete an entire season anymore. Game 1, he was 100%.

i don’t think Ben is the problem. I didn’t see the game today, but I have seen a lot of Steelers games. He is playing okay. He has like 3200 yards and 19/7. Better than pro bowler Lamar Jackson! 

i think their main problem is their line and not enough playmakers. Their receivers are all possession guys, and Harris is mostly meh (in part because of the meh line). Just lots of mediocre skill players. Ben isn’t going to carry a team— but if you put him on the colts or a similar team with elite skill players or a elite line, he would look great.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

For a guy so concerned about legacy and Super Bowl wins forcing your way to the Giants seems like a weird choice

The Giants arent devoid of talent they have a turn over prone robot at QB, and a caveman for a head coach.  If they can get Wilson and Doug Pederson theyll challenge for the division next year.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i don’t think Ben is the problem. I didn’t see the game today, but I have seen a lot of Steelers games. He is playing okay. He has like 3200 yards and 19/7. Better than pro bowler Lamar Jackson! 

i think their main problem is their line and not enough playmakers. Their receivers are all possession guys, and Harris is mostly meh (in part because of the meh line). Just lots of mediocre skill players. Ben isn’t going to carry a team— but if you put him on the colts or a similar team with elite skill players or a elite line, he would look great.

So untrue about Najib.  Wilson would love to have another work horse RB like Lynch during their glory days.  Steelers are a lot more discplined team than the Giants.   I think he will have a lot of suitors....Giants, Steelers, Miami, Broncos, Saints,  WFT to name a half a dozen

13 minutes ago, ganesh said:

So untrue about Najib.  Wilson would love to have another work horse RB like Lynch during their glory days.  Steelers are a lot more discplined team than the Giants.   I think he will have a lot of suitors....Giants, Steelers, Miami, Broncos, Saints,  WFT to name a half a dozen

They don’t use Harris right. It’s similar to what we do. This Matt Canada is in love with outside zone runs, but their oline isn’t athletic enough to pull it off. If they just pounded Harris more between the tackles, he would be more effective. 

8 hours ago, sullim4 said:

I live in the suburbs of Seattle.  We went up north to see our folks yesterday for Christmas.  At least half a dozen vehicles spun out on I-5 in about an inch of snow or so.  Snoqualmie (I-90) and Stevens (US-2) Passes were closed for a good chunk of the day.

They don't treat the roads around here reliably, so it's like driving on a skating rink.

I live in Seattle proper, in one of the steeper neighborhoods. Having left for Christmas I now have to park 3 blocks from my house when I get home...I pushed my luck a couple years back and slid two full blocks downhill and a total 360 in a 4wd in 4low. I came to a stop on a cross street just before continuing down the next block. But I digress...

10 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

I don’t disagree with the Wilson to Giants possibility, but I don’t think it’d be the best spot for him. I wouldn’t want anything to do with that dumpster fire franchise, at least not until Judge is gone as coach. Playing in NY suddenly becomes a much lesser stage when the Giants are losing. 

He’d be stupid to go to the Giants if he wants to move for football reasons.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.