Gabe Davis on covid list

Steptide

2 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Sure, we can do that that sometimes, but not all game.  It more about personnel, not the scheme.  Besides, I think BB might figure that out pretty quickly.  We just don’t have a good “heavy” package. No blocking TEs and no blocking FB.  Maybe a hybrid player like Gilliam can help?  

Daboll will need to be diverse in packages and playcall.  Execution has to be better too. 

Yeah, why did they give up a Lee Smith at least he could block. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'm sick & tired of the unvaxxed doing this to their teammates.

Until an unvaxxed player unequivocally states that they have never ingested a prescription drug or taken a single injection for anything and have only taken vitamin et al to combat any physical or or health issues they have had, anything they say is BULL!!!!!!!!

They have let down their teammates and yes though they may not care their fans.

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

These players owe it to the team take all reasonable efforts to be ready to play each week.  They rehab like crazy, play with broken hands, torn MCL... but won't get a simple vaccine to greatly increase the odds of missing as few games as possible.

I have to think that some vaccinated players are pissed that their teammates didn't make every effort available to be ready to play in the biggest game of the season.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-add-gabriel-davis-and-cody-ford-to-the-reserve-covid-19-list

Star Lotulelei will miss a second practice for "Personal Reasons" - WTF?

Time to cut bait - guaranteed the "personal" is related to not wanting to be exposed to the variant. Trade him post season or just eat the dead cap for next year.

Horribly disappointing. Davis has had all kinds of shots in his life, and blows to his head, but this vaccination is where he draws the line for some horribly illogical reason.

I don't know how he can look at his teammates, his coaches, and the fans, and be proud of his decision.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Do we know that for sure?  What is the basis for this belief?

If vaccinated, Davis would still be tested:

1) if chosen "randomly" by the testing company

2) if he had symptoms

See above.

Schefter posted that he’s not vaccinated.

1 minute ago, galept said:

Horribly disappointing. Davis has had all kinds of shots in his life, and blows to his head, but this vaccination is where he draws the line for some horribly illogical reason.

I don't know how he can look at his teammates, his coaches, and the fans, and be proud of his decision.

Don’t want to get into a vaccination debate, but omicron is claiming both vaccinated and unvaccinated equally. And based even on the NFL protocols, no one is coming back early.

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

WTF...COVID going to decide who makes and misses the playoffs I guess.

Yup lots of us were saying that going into the season and right on time your two knuckleheads in Beasley and Davis getting COVID right on time. Real team players those guys. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

48 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Meanwhile, the media and Patriots fans will totally ignore this and make judgments on the Bills based on this game. It's infuriating.

Why does this matter? We’re playing to win the game, not to get pats fans and the media to talk about our valiant effort. 

Weird takeaway. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Just now, Process said:

He's unvaxed too? Holy **** this team is a joke. 

Agreed.  Beane gambled the season away on un-vaxxed players.  Loudmouth un-vaxxed players to boot.  It’s clear he saw this coming based on his comments about un-vaxxed players that got him in hot water.  But he did nothing about it.  Wonder if DeMaurice Smith still thinks Beane’s comments were idiotic.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Don’t want to get into a vaccination debate, but omicron is claiming both vaccinated and unvaccinated equally. And based even on the NFL protocols, no one is coming back early.

Doesn't matter. Protocols allow vaxxed players to return much faster.

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Nobody thinks that. Brady lost his top weapons and scored zero points for just the second time in his career. Luckily we still have Diggs and Sanders and McKenzie. Not an elite group by any means but it's good enough to get by with. I'm much more concerned about the state of the o-line. Allen will have to run like crazy in this game. I hope his foot is fully healed.

Daboll just needs to run a safe quick strike pass attack. 2-3 step drops and short slants. Josh will not have the time for long developing routes. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes and Hodgins was protected on the PS this week so expect him to be elevated

im not really worried about Josh’s weapons. Moreso the OL but looks like bates will get a shot 

Yep, the Oline scares me.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I'm sick & tired of the unvaxxed doing this to their teammates.

Until an unvaxxed player unequivocally states that they have never ingested a prescription drug or taken a single injection for anything and have only taken vitamin et al to combat any physical or or health issues they have had, anything they say is BULL!!!!!!!!

They have let down their teammates and yes though they may not care their fans.

With the latest variants vaccination no longer prevents covid spread.  What vaccination does do is reduce symptom intensity, hospital visits and deaths.  So unless the very few unvaccinated players in the NFL are getting sick & being hospitalized I don't see what their vaccine decision has to do with not playing. 

The fact is that the NFL should be changing it's rules on the fly.  They need to adopt practical rules that will allow those that CAN play to play regardless of their covid status.  They should treat this like the flu where if you're really sick you don't play but if the symptoms are mild you can play.

I just don't see the logic in blaming unvaccinated players for the current #### storm when over 97% of the players are vaccinated.  In the face of the new covid variants it's the rules the NFL has adopted that are the problem here NOT the unvaccinated players.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

So pause the season - much as I hate the Browns, wasn't really fair what happened and is still happening to them. 

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Sucks, for sure. Other teams win games missing players due to COVID or injury. Time to hope Beane built a strong 53 man roster with COVID in mind. McK and Kumerow....time to earn your pay check

While I hate that any are out, I actually am not that worried about the WR position. Our back-ups are solid there.

The bigger issue is Ford, if no Dawkins or Feliciano, our o-line is getting very thin. …. Bates, Doyle, opportunity and time to step up and produce. 

54 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Another anti vaxer so he will miss next week too.  Unless he changed his mind.  

Doesn’t really seem to matter anymore.   

Just depends when the positive test occurs.   Most players, regardless, are missing 1-2 games. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Agreed.  Beane gambled the season away on un-vaxxed players.  Loudmouth un-vaxxed players to boot.  It’s clear he saw this coming based on his comments about un-vaxxed players that got him in hot water.  But he did nothing about it.  Wonder if DeMaurice Smith still thinks Beane’s comments were idiotic.  

Did nothing about it? What did you expect, he can’t mandate it. Cut starters?

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The same way that fully vaccinated players like Dawkins, Felliciano and Klein can.

Some fans just seem to somehow ignore that every team in the league is dealing with this, most players vaccinated, and everyone is still missing 1-2 games. 

• Agree 2
  • Dislike 3

8 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Yup lots of us were saying that going into the season and right on time your two knuckleheads in Beasley and Davis getting COVID right on time. Real team players those guys. 

Hopefully next season all this BS will be done with.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I think the Vinings should have cut Dalvin Cook.  It was the only way forward.  

• Haha (+1) 1

I feel like I wanna hurl but the bile is just churning......yeah thats very graphic but to say this news is disappointing in an understatement .....This is too stressful a news for Christmas Eve y'all

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooo