Game Week: Week 15 Carolina Panthers at Bills thread

Hapless Bills Fan

Klein will hopefully come off the Covid list Tues or Weds (depending on timing of test which put him on)

That would be Just In Time, with Dodson going ON.

Josh is "day to day" with a "foot sprain" per McDermott.  Per league sources, it's a "Turf Toe"

For those who don't know what a turf toe is, it can be very bad news.  But apparently the "confirmation" is from

Since Josh Allen *is* the Bills run game, and since his passing game involves the need for a lot of running and cutting just to buy himself the time and space to get a pass off....color me Not Happy with this report.  He's not a pocket passer of whom the above may be more true.

9 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Hurts our wildcard chances though lol that is truly a strange game for us rooting interest wise 

You COULD make the argument that a New England win would be better for us. It hurts one of our main WC contenders, and we can still win the division by running the table and having Miami beat the Pats in South Florida week 18.

I am not going to make that argument😃

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

There is zero chance the colts win. Bellichick is licking his chops playing Carson wentz on two weeks prep. 

Zero? I get a leaning but zero? Not possible in this league.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Haha— okay, you got me. A little exaggeration on my part. I do think it is tough to beats the pats off a bye, and you know they will be able to Slow down JT.

I don’t think the colts will win either. People on here acting like the colts and us and maybe the dolphins are just going to walk over New England. The Pats are good. I think the division is over. Probably better for us to give the colts that loss and try to separate from the wildcard teams

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I don’t think the colts will win either. People on here acting like the colts and us and maybe the dolphins are just going to walk over New England. The Pats are good. I think the division is over. Probably better for us to give the colts that loss and try to separate from the wildcard teams

Except for if the colts win that game the division is 100% in play. Go colts 

Lets not act like the Pats are some unbeatable juggernaut. Geez. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Except for if the colts win that game the division is 100% in play. Go colts 

Lets not act like the Pats are some unbeatable juggernaut. Geez. 

I’m not acting like that but we did just lose to them. At home. If you think the refs were bad yesterday, how do you think they are going to be it’s Gillette? Look I hope I’m wrong. I hope the pats get throttled all 4 games and we win the division. I’d love nothing more. I need to see it before I believe it’s possible. This team kind of lost the benefit of the doubt with me in going 3-5 in the last 8. This entire season has been a letdown so far. Last season, almost every thing went right for us. It was almost too good to be true. It’s almost an exact reversal this season. It sucks. At this point making the playoffs will be an uphill battle. If we get in, it’s a new start. The entire season starts over and it’s off to the races. The fear is we won’t even get that chance 

I have a feeling Josh plays and he's more or less OK.  IF so, we'll beat Carolina by more than 2 touchdowns.

If Josh is out, we can still win, but the game will be a different sort of challenge.

Have to win it, one way or the other though.

17 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

If the Bills win this weekend and the Colts beat the Pats, if we beat the Pats in NE and win our last two, we take the division.  Root against the Pats.

Depends on your confidence in winning @NE. I had figured on a home and home split with the Pats this year. After yesterday’s game , I don’t think I’d want to put all the Bills chances into the NE basket. I can see a close game with a questionable call or non call being a huge factor. I’d prefer the Bills to have another pathway into the postseason. 

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Depends on your confidence in winning @NE. I had figured on a home and home split with the Pats this year. After yesterday’s game , I don’t think I’d want to put all the Bills chances into the NE basket. I can see a close game with a questionable call or non call being a huge factor. I’d prefer the Bills to have another pathway into the postseason. 

....and I'm sure the refs will be super generous to us in Foxboro.....😜

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Even if they lose to NE, because of so many divisional contests the Bills stand a good chance of getting in at 10-7.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Even if they lose to NE, because of so many divisional contests the Bills stand a good chance of getting in at 10-7.

That is true, but not if the Colts defeat the Pats. The Bills chances go down dramatically if those two outcomes happen. 

8 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Screw the Pats will never root for them. Rather Indy take the last wildcard spot than NE winning

I understand the sentiment, and I would never watch a Pats game and actively root for them to win ( unless it gave the Bills the #1 seed lol) . I won’t watch the Colts / NE game but I won’t be too disappointed if I see that NE won the game. 

31 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

That is true, but not if the Colts defeat the Pats. The Bills chances go down dramatically if those two outcomes happen. 

I understand the sentiment, and I would never watch a Pats game and actively root for them to win ( unless it gave the Bills the #1 seed lol) . I won’t watch the Colts / NE game but I won’t be too disappointed if I see that NE won the game. 

We win out, we have a 100% chance of making playoffs.

We win 3 "easy" games but lose to NE, we have about 88% chance of making playoffs.

We are still looking good, as long as we actually start winning! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

But the chances of 3 other AFC teams also go down.  

They might. I am strictly going by the playoff machine and picking what I feel are the likely outcomes that most NFL fans would pick in all games. I avoided anything that looked like “ oh it would be nice for the Bills if X team won.” The Bills were out in most scenarios if Colts beat NE

Edited by Boatdrinks

54 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Screw the Pats will never root for them. Rather Indy take the last wildcard spot than NE winning

I remember rooting for the Pats way back when against the Steelers in the playoffs(the year the Pats beat the Rams in the SB.)  Bledsoe came in to relieve an injured T Brady if I remember correctly.  At that point in time, I absolutely loathed the Steelers and would root for anyone to beat them....That was the start of the Pats dynasty.  Moral of the story....be careful what you wish for.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

As bad as the refs were in Tampa we were inside the 10 down 3 points inside of 30 seconds to win.

Better play calls and execution there wins the game. 

Fades are low % plays that are a waste of a down

And yet it should have been first and goal at the 1 with 28 seconds left. And that’s exactly what would have happened if the Bills played ANYBODY but the Bucs.

Get in at all costs… yes that includes rooting for the Pats to beat Indy. 

Id rather keep all options to the postseason open than potentially win the division. 

Not too worried about playing all of our playoff games outside Buffalo given the make up of this years team. 

Edited by SCBills

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.