Game Week: Week 15 Carolina Panthers at Bills thread

Hapless Bills Fan

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Josh has carried this team all year. Now it's their turn to carry him. Try to get a reasonable lead and pull him for Trubisky. As far as home playoff games we haven't exactly lit it up at home so far (3-3). 

He most certainly has and also he has made a hand full of bad decisions himself at times, but he has definitely played his heart out. I'm just not happy with Daboll continuing to put him in danger so much and even after he gets hurt, limping in pain....for some reason Daboll decides it's a brilliant idea to continue to call designed running plays for him

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Bold move imo.  Anything could  happen I guess.  Do they do it to promote Dorsey? Idk.  

I want nothing to do with dorsey..i dont understand the love for him by the fans..the guy has proved Nothing as far as him being able to become a successful OC..he is UNPROVEN...if dabol goes we need to get the best OC available...one that can call both run and pass plays and knows how to manage an offense with the capabilities this roster has

Edited by Billever76
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

He most certainly has and also he has made a hand full of bad decisions himself at times, but he has definitely played his heart out. I'm just not happy with Daboll continuing to put him in danger so much and even after he gets hurt, limping in pain....for some reason Daboll decides it's a brilliant idea to continue to call designed running plays for him

Yea that jags game is quite the blemish…he was under siege all game but if he limited the silly turnovers I think we win that 12-9 and a win is a win. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

I used to despise them but now im glad they do them just once a year.  Not sure what changed, maybe its the red Diggs jersey in my closet.

I wouldn't mind red over white but the all reds suck. Same for the all blues. At the end of the day just win the game. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Billever76 said:

I want nothing to do with dorsey..i dont understand the love for him by the fans..the guy has proved Nothing as far as him being a successful OC...if dabol goes we need to get the best OC available...one that can call both run and pass plays and knows how to manage an offense with the capabilities this roster has

Its maintaining the overall offense that why Dorsey makes sense.  The greatness with New England and Brady through all the play callers they hired within and kept the same offense.  

By the time McDaniels took over they were adjusting on the fly to everything based on match ups and sight cues.  No real play calls but concepts based the defense.  Thats why they were so hard to beat no matter the players he had.  Bringing in any hot Oc the offense starts at addition and subtraction.  A pretty large install required.  For a team in win now mode its a very big change.  

Maybe you can split the difference by bringing in someone with similar ties to Daboll.  I think the only name who makes sense and available would be Bill O’brien.  Is he the upgrade possibly.  

17 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yes. If the Bills got the W yesterday we would be rooting for the Colts as we’d have a good shot at the AFCE 

I look at the Colts vs. Patriots game as a win/win either way. If the Colts are able to beat New England it just means the Bills have to capitalize on the opportunity and win out. 

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

Its maintaining the overall offense that why Dorsey makes sense.  The greatness with New England and Brady through all the play callers they hired within and kept the same offense.  

By the time McDaniels took over they were adjusting on the fly to everything based on match ups and sight cues.  No real play calls but concepts based the defense.  Thats why they were so hard to beat no matter the players he had.  Bringing in any hot Oc the offense starts at addition and subtraction.  A pretty large install required.  For a team in win now mode its a very big change.  

Maybe you can split the difference by bringing in someone with similar ties to Daboll.  I think the only name who makes sense and available would be Bill O’brien.  Is he the upgrade possibly.  

If they bring in Bill O'Brien they are proving to everyone that the process is BS. Absolutely not.

Just now, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I look at the Colts vs. Patriots game as a win/win either way. If the Colts are able to beat New England it just means the Bills have to capitalize on the opportunity and win out. 

Win out. I keep hearing that phrase like a wish on the breeze. Start with let's not cover ourselves in our own excrement for a full game and see what happens. They haven't played a complete game in months, but yeah let's talk about winning out.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, That's No Moon said:

If they bring in Bill O'Brien they are proving to everyone that the process is BS. Absolutely not.

Win out. I keep hearing that phrase like a wish on the breeze. Start with let's not cover ourselves in our own excrement for a full game and see what happens. They haven't played a complete game in months, but yeah let's talk about winning out.

It's very doable with three at home against likely non-playoff teams. We could crap on ourselves, but we've so far handled those home games against below average teams. Then the only question is New England and that's just a coin flip really.

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yea that jags game is quite the blemish…he was under siege all game but if he limited the silly turnovers I think we win that 12-9 and a win is a win. 

Agree, while Allen had a rough go that particular game imo Daboll is to blame just as much if not more than Allen. Also with injuries to the OL played a big part too, but that's where the OC has to make adjustments and put Allen in a better position to make plays along with better play calling in general.

I'm honestly at the point where I'm looking forward to the day Daboll is gone.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Im not in favor of moving on from Daboll.  He takes a Hc job then what options are available.  Id promote Dorsey and look for a young offensive mind for Qb coach. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Panthers, Falcons, and Jets all at home. No excuses the Bills should win all three games. If they can't beat these teams in a must win situation then they were never really as good as we thought. The game at NE could be for the division and that will be a tough one to win but the Bills can do it if they play to their potential. Winning out is a definitely doable and most likely probable if they beat NE.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Greg S said:

Panthers, Falcons, and Jets all at home. No excuses the Bills should win all three games. If they can't beat these teams in a must win situation then they were never really as good as we thought. The game at NE could be for the division and that will be a tough one to win but the Bills can do it if they play to their potential. Winning out is a definitely doable and most likely probable if they beat NE.

This team lost to Jacksonville. Jacksonville. Counting any game as a win in advance is stupidity. Every single one of those teams is significantly better than Jacksonville and could beat this one.

3 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Im not in favor of moving on from Daboll.  He takes a Hc job then what options are available.  Id promote Dorsey and look for a young offensive mind for Qb coach. 

Daboll can go right now. He's the chief architect of this offensive clown show they have going on.

• Like (+1) 1

This team lost to Jacksonville. Jacksonville. Counting any game as a win in advance is stupidity. Every single one of those teams is significantly better than Jacksonville and could beat this one.

The Pats lost to the Dolphins, Bengals and Titans lost to the Jets, the Titans lost to the Texans. Upsets happen all the time. Still the Bills should be able to beat three bad teams at home in a must win situation. No excuses as their backs are against the wall and they are fighting for their playoff lives.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Yea I think there’s some nuance to it though…this team definitely has flashes of a great team at times and I really think they are going to put it all together…we certainly could tell ourselves we don’t deserve to be in the playoffs if we drop one of those games but I really think if we make it in the playoffs there’s a decent shot we get hot at the right time. 

8 minutes ago, Greg S said:

The Pats lost to the Dolphins, Bengals and Titans lost to the Jets, the Titans lost to the Texans. Upsets happen all the time. Still the Bills should be able to beat three bad teams at home in a must win situation. No excuses as their backs are against the wall and they are fighting for their playoff lives.

Pats just barely squeaked by Houston also…lot of weird stuff happening this year with Covid/injuries/the cap reduction so I think you’re right to not read too much into one or two losses. Our offensive line was missing a ton of ‘talent’ in that jags game…maybe not the right choice of words lol 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

imo as of right now, if he hasn't already blown his opportunity to be a HC , it's very close to it. There will be options after season is over of course and just have to see who's available. Or could promote within...

Either way, speaking for myself, I feel 100% confident the offense will be just fine and even be better without him.

58 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I have a sneaky suspicion Daboll is not going to be around next year.

I have a sneaky suspicion Daboll is not going to be around next yar.

I have a sneaky suspicion Daboll is not going to be around next year.

I have more than a sneaking suspicion about that. I think a young offensive mind will be good for the next OC. Someone similar to Byron Leftwich

Edited by Fan in Chicago

Hire Joe Brady now, make up a role initially.  Just get him on the staff before the hiring madness starts.

Happening to a lot of teams this week. I hope Dodson is our only one as the week goes on. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Shocked 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.