Game Week: Week 15 Carolina Panthers at Bills thread

Hapless Bills Fan

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

They might. I am strictly going by the playoff machine and picking what I feel are the likely outcomes that most NFL fans would pick in all games. I avoided anything that looked like “ oh it would be nice for the Bills if X team won.” The Bills were out in most scenarios if Colts beat NE

I used the playoff machine as well using that same strategy.  I picked likely winners of games based on winning percentage etc...not what I'd like to see... and the Bills were not out.  The losses in the AFCN have helped the Bills.  It is likely that only one team from that division gets in.  They will be eliminating each other down the stretch.  I see KC and the Chargers in from the west, Tenn and Colts from the south, NE and Bills from the east and either the Bengals, Browns or Ravens in from the north.

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

As bad as the refs were in Tampa we were inside the 10 down 3 points inside of 30 seconds to win.

Better play calls and execution there wins the game. 

Fades are low % plays that are a waste of a down

I was flippin' after that play call.....I know we've tried them, I just don't ever recall the Bills being successful in their attempts.  In that scenario, 99% of the time, I'm all for Josh in shotgun looking for an open guy and if nothing materializes, try to get in running it himself.

10 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

I was flippin' after that play call.....I know we've tried them, I just don't ever recall the Bills being successful in their attempts.  In that scenario, 99% of the time, I'm all for Josh in shotgun looking for an open guy and if nothing materializes, try to get in running it himself.

Me too but they have worked that pass for a TD to Diggs earlier this year.  I still hate the call.  I like options.  Bucs pass rush was gassed. They should have moved the pocket or let Josh scan the field.  

Anyways, on to Carolina and McDermott's last hope of salvaging this season

I would rather the Colts beat the Pats and risk missing the playoffs altogether if it means we have a shot at winning the division. We just need to win the games we should win, and then it boils down to an even-money bet against the Pats.

It all starts with a big confidence boosting win against Carolina.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’m not acting like that but we did just lose to them. At home. If you think the refs were bad yesterday, how do you think they are going to be it’s Gillette? Look I hope I’m wrong. I hope the pats get throttled all 4 games and we win the division. I’d love nothing more. I need to see it before I believe it’s possible. This team kind of lost the benefit of the doubt with me in going 3-5 in the last 8. This entire season has been a letdown so far. Last season, almost every thing went right for us. It was almost too good to be true. It’s almost an exact reversal this season. It sucks. At this point making the playoffs will be an uphill battle. If we get in, it’s a new start. The entire season starts over and it’s off to the races. The fear is we won’t even get that chance 

I don't put much stock into that game because of the weather.  It's like putting blindfolds on two heavyweight fighters.  Bills went on a 4-0 stretch earlier this season against a horrible team (Texans), two meddling team (Skins, Fins), and an overhyped team (Chiefs).  Same set up as before with the Jets being the horrible team, Falcons and Panthers as the meddling teams, and an overhyped Pats team.

I think we run the table and have to hope the Pats lose at least one game.  The most likely loss would be against the Colts.  I don't want to rely on the Fins in week 18.

• Agree 2

52 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I don't put much stock into that game because of the weather.  It's like putting blindfolds on two heavyweight fighters.  Bills went on a 4-0 stretch earlier this season against a horrible team (Texans), two meddling team (Skins, Fins), and an overhyped team (Chiefs).  Same set up as before with the Jets being the horrible team, Falcons and Panthers as the meddling teams, and an overhyped Pats team.

I think we run the table and have to hope the Pats lose at least one game.  The most likely loss would be against the Colts.  I don't want to rely on the Fins in week 18.

Never count the Phins out in playing spoiler....especially against the Pats

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Haha— okay, you got me. A little exaggeration on my part. I do think it is tough to beats the pats off a bye, and you know they will be able to Slow down JT.

But the Pats still have a "do nothing" at QB. Sooner or later, that will catch up to them. And this looks like the kind of game where that may be an issue.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, SCBills said:

Get in at all costs… yes that includes rooting for the Pats to beat Indy. 

Id rather keep all options to the postseason open than potentially win the division. 

Not too worried about playing all of our playoff games outside Buffalo given the make up of this years team. 

Disagree. Root for the Colts. I want the division not a WC. I want the Bills playing at home on WC weekend not on the road. Of course if they get in as a WC that is fine as well but prefer the division. Think of it this way. If the Colts win on Saturday night then the Bills control their own destiny for the division.

Edited by Greg S
  • Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, jkeerie said:

I used the playoff machine as well using that same strategy.  I picked likely winners of games based on winning percentage etc...not what I'd like to see... and the Bills were not out.  The losses in the AFCN have helped the Bills.  It is likely that only one team from that division gets in.  They will be eliminating each other down the stretch.  I see KC and the Chargers in from the west, Tenn and Colts from the south, NE and Bills from the east and either the Bengals, Browns or Ravens in from the north.

The Bills may be out for that one week, but are quickly back in later on...even w a loss to NE. The calculator does not work unless you pick all the games in the future. There are a ton of inter division games in the last 2 weeks that sort us back in. 

We can also win the division going 3-1 if Pats lose to Colts , us and Phins and we would have to beat jets, pats. We could drop one to ATL or Car...which I don't see.

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Disagree. Root for the Colts. I want the division not a WC. I want the Bills playing at home on WC weekend not on the road. Of course if they get in as a WC that is fine as well but prefer the division. Think of this way. If the Colts win on Saturday night then the Bills control their own destiny for the division.

Hey, if someone values the division, I certainly understand that.   

I just don’t really care about that.   For me, I’d rather get in, and honestly, come January - with the way this team is currently constructed - we might be better off playing Tennessee in Tennessee rather than say Indy again at home.  

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I just don’t really care about that.   For me, I’d rather get in, and honestly, come January - with the way this team is currently constructed - we might be better off playing Tennessee in Tennessee rather than say Indy again at home.  

It's just an odd take. Both the roads are basically the same. What your almost saying is you don't care if we beat the Pats in 2 weeks. You don't care if Pats lose. I find that odd. Screw the Pats.

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Winning three straight on the road in the playoffs is a tough task. I know the Giants did it that one year with Eli but I would prefer to avoid that for the Bills. Plus winning the division in back to back years is something to be proud of. Of course ultimately this group will be judged on how many Super Bowls they can win.

7 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

It's just an odd take. Both the roads are basically the same. What your almost saying is you don't care if we beat the Pats in 2 weeks. You don't care if Pats lose. I find that odd. Screw the Pats.

If I was absolutely sure we’ll beat NE I’m two weeks, I’d absolutely be rooting for Indy on Saturday.  

Im not.  I hope something clicked on Sunday for us, but I’m not sure how any of us can really trust this team.   

I just want as many avenues to the playoffs open to us as possible.  If Indy loses to NE and AZ, they have 8 losses and aren’t a worry for a potential 10-7 Bills.   

With Josh Allen, just get in.  Anything can happen when you have an elite QB. 

Obviously I’d rather finish 11-6 and win the division if I had the ability of foresight. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I just read a stat on “The Athletic”. 31 teams in the last decade have had a +110 differential through week 14. The Bills are the only team with less than 9 wins. It was a neutral reporter that then when on to talk about the element of luck sometimes in one score games and how almost everything has fallen the wrong way for the bills in their 5 one score games. 

I had retired the term “Billsy”. But here we are…. Gross. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I just read a stat on “The Athletic”. 31 teams in the last decade have had a +110 differential through week 14. The Bills are the only team with less than 9 wins. It was a neutral reporter that then when on to talk about the element of luck sometimes in one score games and how almost everything has fallen the wrong way for the bills in their 5 one score games. 

I had retired the term “Billsy”. But here we are…. Gross. 

On a related note, Romo was commenting about how strange the Bills' record is, given their D and O positions against the rest of the league. Our record is the opposite of a bad team getting into the playoffs due to some critical plays that go its' way. The proverbial ball (aided by officiating) has bounced the wrong way for the Bills. Don't get me wrong, the Bills have done their part as well but the team by itself and with Lady Luck are not in sync this season

Edited by Fan in Chicago
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Think it’s more than luck… Play calling and preparation for those moments play a gigantic part. 

That’s why I didn’t say it was all luck and stated SOMETIMES, and the reporter said there’s always an element of luck in one score outcomes and it hasn’t gone our way a single time this year. He nor I said it was ALL luck. 

34 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Winning three straight on the road in the playoffs is a tough task. I know the Giants did it that one year with Eli but I would prefer to avoid that for the Bills. Plus winning the division in back to back years is something to be proud of. Of course ultimately this group will be judged on how many Super Bowls they can win.

Tampa did it as a wildcard last year and played the Super Bowl as a "home" game, which has never hapoened in league history. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.