We just went through the monster portion of our season

John from Riverside

We just went through the monster alley of our session

Now  three games that we should win

Given the fact that this does not seem to be a good cold weather team I’m not fighting for a home court advantage as much as I would have been another year I know that sucks for fans that are in Buffalo but it’s true

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Vomit 1

6 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

I don't think we've earned being able to say "we should win" any game. We're way too inconsistent. 

We're consistently in every single game.  

We've had injuries.  No Tre is devastating. Covid.  We’ve had some bad luck like the weather last week.  

Buy if we finish at worst 10-7 We're making the playoffs and all you'll hear is "fresh start." 

The other 6 loss teams not currently in the WC are going to lose twice.  

When NE loses at Indy and we beat a hapless Carolina team the mood is going to be very different 1 week from tonight - and I'm not even upset.  Allen put on a show for the country that saw Brady get bailed out again by the refs.  

I'm not sure I even care about the division. 

We could end up going to Tennessee in round 1 if we're 7 and I'll take that all day.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Lionel Hutz said:

Face it, it’s the Bills. They’re gonna go into the last week only needing to beat the Jets at home to get in the playoffs and they’ll somehow lose. 

If it comes to that can you imagine.... Gonna "Miami 2020" ourselves in the final week.

Jets starters are practically boarder line second stringers anyway

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

We've had injuries.  No Tre is devastating. Covid.  We’ve had some bad luck like the weather last week.  

Buy if we finish at worst 10-7 We're making the playoffs and all you'll hear is "fresh start." 

When NE loses at Indy and we beat a hapless Carolina team the mood is going to be very different 1 week from tonight - and I'm not even upset.  Allen put on a show for the country that saw Brady get bailed out again by the refs.  

We could end up going to Tennessee in round 1 if we're 7 and I'll take that all day.  

Could end up with kc too though that wouldn’t be great 😂

12 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

It doesn't matter. They will be lucky to just be competitive against Carolina.  If Allen can't play they will struggle to win 1 game down the stretch.

The season was over in the snow last Monday

Allen will play and I'll say we beat Carolina by 14+.

We'll easily be a 10 point favorite.

These 3 "bad" teams down the road are all mirror images of each other, and all terrible.

Edited by Nextmanup

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

A. Doubt we beat Belichick 

B. Josh might be out for Car?

C. Did I mention our entire OL sucks

Almost every TV in game  analysis of the Bills O-Line brings up communication.  While many of you have continuously roasted the guards, and with good reason, I keep saying Morse is also a weak link.  The center, with help from the QB, is supposed to call out the blocking assignments at the line.  If they’re continuing to have communication issues, Morse is a big part of the problem.  

Also, maybe the O-Line collectively is just dumb.  Teams have been running these stunts all season, opponents see it on film and these guys still keep screwing it up.  Darryl Williams seems to be a key culprit as several times I’ve seen him by himself looking for someone to block while 2 defenders have steamrolled one of his line mates and are in Josh’s grill.

Furthermore, if the O-Line coaches aren’t getting thru to these guys,  they’re another problem and maybe the players need a new voice.

With basically the same personnel as last season, I don’t understand how these guys regressed this much.  I’ve said before, there were numerous times last season when Josh had an unbelievable amount of time in the pocket, for which I played the plays back and he had 7 to 9 seconds.  This season we frequently see Josh take his drop and there’s already somebody there he has to evade.

I’m not getting my hopes up about anything anymore.  I see the positives in what Allen is doing, understand the refs ridiculous call, non call, but we lost.  Just like we lost to every other winning team except KC.  So even if we make the playoffs, I don’t know anyone who thinks we can win even one playoff game.

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Given the fact that this does not seem to be a good cold weather team I’m not fighting for a home court advantage as much as I would have been another year I know that sucks for fans that are in Buffalo but it’s true

You should beat Carolina, but their D isn’t an easy W. They give up the second fewest yards in the NFL.  The key to this game is the Bills D making Newton and their Offense look pathetic and getting TO. 

the second Key is making sure Allen doesn’t get any more hurt than he already is. 

5 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

3 out of 4 seasons in playoffs, went 15-4 last year, deep into the playoffs.

You should follow the Bills, its fun.

W-L is 22-10 last year and this.   Win 2 out of 3 games over the long term and I'm just fine.    Probably finish 2020-2021  25-11.   I'll  take that .   Solid football program.  

Cinci, Ravens and Stillers also lost this weekend.   Everyone all bunched up now, and we have the soft part of the schedule coming up.  

Edited by ProcessTruster
grammar

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

If the Bills make the playoffs, they will get embarrassed.  I almost hope they don't even make it.  A one and done season means nothing but a worse draft pick.  That juice ain't worth the squeeze.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

You do realize that if we make it to the playoffs and draw Tennessee as our opponent that Derrick Henry has a great shot to being back in that line-up.  Not too sure I'd be that excited.

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

You keep insisting this is true.  Were the ya "good cold weather team" a(nother) year ago?

There is only one domed team and one warm weather team in the AFC playoff picture.  So where do the Bills become road warriors in the playoffs? 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

I don't think we've earned being able to say "we should win" any game. We're way too inconsistent. 

That is being VERY charitable!

They have 6 Ls!! 

They are embarrassingly mediocre.
The D is soft and its key LB is AWOL on every key play.

The OL is trash!

The OC is a buffoon.

One super human... now in a boot, can’t do it all!

My neighbour... a huge Bills fan, sent me this email in game .

“FRAUDS. My one word analysis of this team. Can’t run the ball, can’t protect against the run and today, can’t protect against the pass.
Somehow, this feels worse than the drought. To think we were thinking about the Super Bowl a month ago. Now, I hope they can win another game.”

Sums it up.

• Agree 2

41 minutes ago, Gugny said:

If the Bills make the playoffs, they will get embarrassed.  I almost hope they don't even make it.  A one and done season means nothing but a worse draft pick.  That juice ain't worth the squeeze.

I know anything can happen in the playoffs, but I agree with you. Anything but a SB win is unacceptable for the Bills this year and that won't happen this year. Missing the playoffs gives us #18 in the draft, worst case. Except Beane would probably use it to draft a punter.

• Dislike 1

54 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Their is no real dominant team in the AFC. I don't think the Bills would get embarrassed but I am not confident in a playoff run to the Super Bowl either. With that said give me the playoffs. Get in the tournament and take your chances. Going thru 17 straight seasons of no playoffs was terrible. Give me Bills football on WC weekend. Besides playoffs or not we aren't drafting in the top 10 so might as well root for the playoffs and see what happens.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

It doesn't matter. They will be lucky to just be competitive against Carolina.  If Allen can't play they will struggle to win 1 game down the stretch.

The season was over in the snow last Monday

Are you really hyping up Carolina? Cam Newton is dead and Houston Roughnecks Legend® PJ Walker strikes no fear in me. 

7 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

A. Doubt we beat Belichick 

B. Josh might be out for Car?

C. Did I mention our entire OL sucks

A. Any giving Sunday, We can beat NE ( hopefully what we saw the 2nd half of the Tampa Game was good sign for the offense of things to come). 

B. I'm fine with him resting, that is what Tribusky is here for.

C. Yes, that has been a giving since the Titans game last year. 

Edited by BBills_88

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

We still face NE, and TBH ... I'm not sure we win that, so we're facing 10-7 if we beat ATL, CAR & NYJ. We should beat those 3, but after losing to Jax and the 9 week funk we've been in, I would not be surprised if we dropped one of those to finish 9-8.

I doubt 9-8 gets us in the pay-offs. 10-7 might.  What a change from talking about home field advantage and winning the AFC

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

And the cold weather angle doesn't fly because IF they make the playoffs, they are traveling to KC or NE...cold AND away

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not sure how this team beats NE, especially with Allen being beat up. They lack toughness and get pushed around on both sides of the ball. If we don't get up early the opposing teams can stick with the run and maintain possession and keep ball away from offense. We can beat Panthers, Falcons and Jets but we did lose to the Jags so who knows. 10-7, maybe that gets you in but this team is not going anywhere this year as constructed. Even if they make the playoffs, they will be road games against good teams. We can matchup against the Bengals, Chargers and NE is not very talented so maybe them as well. KC was a good matchup but they have rebuilt their defensive front and are playing good defense and have focused on running the ball, which they can do. I just can't see the Bills beating KC, TN, or Colts on the road and then having to do it again the next week. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

"We just went through the monster portion of our season" - AND FAILED MISERABLY!!!

It's amazing that after EVERY Bills crushing loss, Bills fans lower the bar as to what is acceptable. 

This team is a tremendous disappointment..... PERIOD!! 

NO FREAKING KIDDING!

This is 2011-2015 Stockholm Syndrome raising its’ sickening, embarrassing, defeated head yet again!

7-6 is TRASH!

Mediocre, run of the mill- trash!
Indistinguishable from any of the other trash years of this millennium!

There are no more Runner Up, almosts, if only, played hard, tried hard... stickers! Those expired about 2010.

WIN... A LOT... OR BE CLASSED AS LOSERS!

The only game we weren't in this year was the game against Indy. They walloped us. The difference against Pittsburgh was a blocked punt returned for a TD. We know what happened against Jacksonville. A fluke 4th down slip by Josh cost us against Tennessee. If we cash in on any number of opportunities against NE we win that game (dropped TD passes, Bass misses a FG). Last night Josh did everything he possibly could to get us back into the game against Tampa. The refs still love Tommy Boy and the defense did step up when they needed to.  

3 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

And the cold weather angle doesn't fly because IF they make the playoffs, they are traveling to KC or NE...cold AND away

That is another matter.   Our SB chances this year are slim

3 hours ago, damj said:

We still face NE, and TBH ... I'm not sure we win that, so we're facing 10-7 if we beat ATL, CAR & NYJ. We should beat those 3, but after losing to Jax and the 9 week funk we've been in, I would not be surprised if we dropped one of those to finish 9-8.

I doubt 9-8 gets us in the pay-offs. 10-7 might.  What a change from talking about home field advantage and winning the AFC

Oh ye of little faith......we tend to beat up on inferior teams as for the pats?  3 dropped passes that are not dropped and we win that game.

10-6 is more realistic

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

That is another matter.   Our SB chances this year are slim

Oh ye of little faith......we tend to beat up on inferior teams as for the pats?  3 dropped passes that are not dropped and we win that game.

10-6 is more realistic

Agreed ... but.

We played 6 teams with a current record below .500 and blew out 4 of them.

But we did lose to Jax ... so we've proven that on any given Sunday we can lose to anyone.

29 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Lets put it this way.  If we lose to ANY of the next 3 teams we dont deserve playoffs

Agreed. I think 10-7 is likely. If we lose to CAR, ATL or NYJ, then we deserve to miss the play-offs and some heads will roll.

7 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

True, but that seeding is subject to change with 4 games left and NE is also playing with a sub- par Quarterback. 

What have you seen from this team to indicate that they could beat NE?  Especially in any sub-optimal conditions?

Not sure you've noticed but even with a 'sub par quarterback' they're the #1 seed right now

At this point i'm hoping the Bills can stay ahead of Miami.  that sure would be a shtshow to finish the season in 3rd place in the AFCE

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.