Patriots at Bills: Game Week Thread (v2)

BuffaloBillyG

29 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

When did you get here, last week? Try again Thrifty. Please go ahead and screen cap whatever you like Mr. Message Board Policeman. Btw, he’s not outside the forums.

Whatever ninja of the mall, so he's on the forums, and you are choosing to roast his Twitter accounts.  Wow, that's incredibly awesome trolling bait and honestly never really head of you but, know the analytical tactics, and usually it's worse to have others troll someone that has either blocked you or instead just ignores you so that someone else does the heavy lifting.  So, in essence grow up and or watch the old series get a life.  

From a random MSN article...

This week’s Monday Night Football contest should be a good one.

The Buffalo Bills are set to take on the New England Patriots in a pivotal AFC East Division matchup. Buffalo and New England will be playing with first place in the division on the line.

Heading into the Monday night matchup, Bills quarterback Josh Allen revealed his team’s one main priority against Bill Belichick and Co.

The Bills need to win the turnover battle.

“…Really our main emphasis is just the turnover differential, battle with these guys,” Allen reportedly said in an interview with Steve Young, which will air in full Monday on ESPN, per NESN. “Throughout the league, statistics show you win the turnover battle, you have a higher percentage of winning that game. So, we’ve been sloppy on our end the last few weeks so we’re looking to tighten that up. We’re excited to get out there and play.”

Winning the turnover battle is always important, but it’s especially important against a Belichick-coached team.

Kickoff between New England and Buffalo is scheduled for 8:15 p.m. E.T.

The game will air on ESPN.

12 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Whatever ninja of the mall, so he's on the forums, and you are choosing to roast his Twitter accounts.  Wow, that's incredibly awesome trolling bait and honestly never really head of you but, know the analytical tactics, and usually it's worse to have others troll someone that has either blocked you or instead just ignores you so that someone else does the heavy lifting.  So, in essence grow up and or watch the old series get a life.  

FilthyBeast is the absolute worst of TBD and I’m betting he’s just as bad on Twitter. Spend your time defending someone worthy of defending. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

I agree with Brown...But I don’t see Groot as being so physical...but maybe he just needs more seasoning...👍

I think he's plenty physical. He's surprised me with how well he's holding up in run defense when his draft profile basically read as "raw pass rusher."

It will be exciting to see him take the next step towards becoming a full time starter.

Epenesa and Oliver too. Very physical guys. But they do need more heft on the line, imo.

1 minute ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

50 mph winds are a bit extreme. We will be limited to short - intermediate passing

I just checked the hourly. As of now the rain is supposed to be gone by 7 and about 25 mph winds. That’s doable. I think both the WFT and Texans games were 20-25 mph and he was lights out 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I just checked the hourly. As of now the rain is supposed to be gone by 7 and about 25 mph winds. That’s doable. I think both the WFT and Texans games were 20-25 mph and he was lights out 

2083623546_Screenshot_20211205-213252_NOAAWeather(1).thumb.jpg.2ae0396dc6a5e818e796a26245a01d7a.jpg

Still significant wind gusts throughout the game

Wind Shmind.

Allen has YEARS of experience at this point throwing against the wind, with the wind, with swirling winds & gusts.  Mac Jones has played no pro games in these kinds of conditions, and played his college ball in the warm & sunny SEC.

That, to me, balances out ANY advantage that NE might have w/ their running game - which is overstated anyway.

Stack the line on D, protect the ball on O.  Win game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

50 mph winds are a bit extreme. We will be limited to short - intermediate passing

If those gusts are as predicted, this game will be comical. I have seen some games like this— teams complete like 2-3 passes in a half, kickers missing FG’s by like 30 yards, punts going backwards, no one can shotgun snap. 

am just hoping the “gusts” are minimal, and the wind can stay below 20.

6 minutes ago, hemma said:

I don’t get the fear about their rushing.  We rush at 118.3 and the Pats at 115.3.

I hope the players aren’t as emasculated as the fans.

I’ll start by saying I think, with Star and Edmunds back, we can handle their run game. But I’ll finish with saying that all the hype around this pats team is based on the last 6 weeks. And if you look at that stretch their average heads north of 140 a game. So that’s kinda pushing the narrative.  

Just now, Bimmer323i said:

It’s absolute torture waiting for Monday at 830 to come… My anxiety level is at an all time high for this game… Anyone else in the same boat lol???

My wife just called me out for being a miserable butthole all weekend because of the game on Monday night. She wasn’t wrong. All I could do was apologize. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I’ll start by saying I think, with Star and Edmunds back, we can handle their run game. But I’ll finish with saying that all the hype around this pats team is based on the last 6 weeks. And if you look at that stretch their average heads north of 140 a game. So that’s kinda pushing the narrative.  

My wife just called me out for being a miserable butthole all weekend because of the game on Monday night. She wasn’t wrong. All I could do was apologize. 

22 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

If those gusts are as predicted, this game will be comical. I have seen some games like this— teams complete like 2-3 passes in a half, kickers missing FG’s by like 30 yards, punts going backwards, no one can shotgun snap. 

am just hoping the “gusts” are minimal, and the wind can stay below 20.

According to the hourly forecast is doesn’t appear will have to deal with any rain or snow just windy and cold… I’ll take Allen slinging it in the wind over Jones any day….

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Ouch...

I don't think I was expecting some crazy revelation from this post, but I definitely had higher hopes for SOMETHING new worth being optimistic about :( 

Edit: This comment was in response to the thread titled something like "Why I believe the Bills will win Monday" before it was merged lol

Edited by BigDingus

I think we will win this game I think Allen will rise to the occasion but if for some reason we lose to the Pats with a rookie qb I will be completely devastated and will have lost all respect for this coaching staff and all my excitement for the rest of the season will be totally 💯 gone…. We better play this game like it’s our last… Let’s go Buffalo…..

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think we will win this game I think Allen will rise to the occasion but if for some reason we lose to the Pats with a rookie qb I will be completely devastated and will have lost all respect for this coaching staff and all my excitement for the rest of the season will be totally 💯 gone…. We better play this game like it’s our last… Let’s go Buffalo…..

You really, really shouldn't put that much weight & those high of expectations on any one game.

I know it's important, & it's the Pats, but you're psyching yourself up for some serious anger/sadness potential. I'm 100% not trying to be mean or anything, just remember how pissed I used to get when I'd do that myself.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Since1981 said:

Didn’t see this posted. NFL formal YouTube channel preview. NFL placing storm troopers next to Vader Hoodie Boy. (NFL blocks the vid link…). He is evil. 

FE60C3B4-3F7B-4600-9ABF-A2F59E45B920.jpeg

I tried listening to belicheats presser on Wednesday.. Could only stomach about 10 seconds of looking at his puke face and his cringe worthy monotone voice I had to shut it off

2 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

You really, really shouldn't put that much weight & those high of expectations on any one game.

I know it's important, & it's the Pats, but you're psyching yourself up for some serious anger/sadness potential. I'm 100% not trying to be mean or anything, just remember how pissed I used to get when I'd do that myself.

I know what your saying but man I want this game so bad you have no idea… I’ve been climbing the walls all week waiting for this game to start…

5 minutes ago, Bimmer323i said:

I know what your saying but man I want this game so bad you have no idea… I’ve been climbing the walls all week waiting for this game to start…

Almost ALL of us have EVERY idea how you feel. That's why we're here. That's why I'll be there tomorrow night. That's why I won't sleep as well as I'd like tonight.

But it's true that being 7-5 after 12 games is NOT season-ending. Just ask last year's SB champs. 

Of course, it will be difficult to convince me of that (if it comes to pass) tomorrow night. 

10 minutes ago, Bimmer323i said:

They lost to a rookie QB on a much lesser team already. Don't sweat it! Their winning with Defense and power running, not because Mac Jones is the perceived second coming of TB. 

2 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Almost ALL of us have EVERY idea how you feel. That's why we're here. That's why I'll be there tomorrow night. That's why I won't sleep as well as I'd like tonight.

But it's true that being 7-5 after 12 games is NOT season-ending. Just ask last year's SB champs. 

Of course, it will be difficult to convince me of that (if it comes to pass) tomorrow night. 

True that…. I just hope we come out with a solid game and not shoot ourselves in the foot with dumb penalties… If this game becomes a flag fest with the majority against us we’re prolly gonna be cooked

• Like (+1) 1

True that…. I just hope we come out with a solid game and not shoot ourselves in the foot with dumb penalties… If this game becomes a flag fest with the majority against us we’re prolly gonna be cooked

It's all about discipline and execution. You beat the Patriots by not beating yourselves (when you have a good roster like ours).

15 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

They lost to a rookie QB on a much lesser team already. Don't sweat it! Their winning with Defense and power running, not because Mac Jones is the perceived second coming of TB. 

Mac Jones has been outstanding as a rookie QB.  Not sure what more you could expect from him.

• Vomit 1

54 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Wind is insane already...

It's also getting warmer... 47 degrees right now according to our outdoor thermometer

50 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

THIS is ACTUALLY accurate

It's raging outside

well, the gusts are expected to be even worse than what they are currently— like 10-15 MPH worse.  So, yeah.

6 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

well, the gusts are expected to be even worse than what they are currently— like 10-15 MPH worse.  So, yeah.

Right. It will continue to get worse as the front approaches and passes. Which is supposed to happen prior to kickoff. 

The only real variable is how quickly everything progresses, which determines when and which way the wind shifts, if at all (i.e., lake effect or not).

• Like (+1) 1

About 22 hours from now this place will be an absolute party or darker than a morgue.  No matter what way it ends up, I don't think anyone is getting sleeping well.  Not sure any of us are going to get much tonight either. 

It's probably a little bit of hyperbole based on the way this season has gone and the ball washing the media and their fans are giving Mac Jones and the Pats*, but even after living through two decades of getting punched in the face by Brady and the Cheats*, I am not sure I have ever wanted to beat them worse than what I want us to do to them tonight. 

That said, we have been let down so much in the past for so many different reasons against this team.  Whether it's been our terrible rosters, terrible coaching, poor play, getting screwed by the refs and the league, all the way to them literally being caught cheating several times, it's a bit hard to believe in a positive outcome until we actually see it.  We had success against them last year, but it was a weird season as a whole and they didn't have as good a team as they do now.  I want to see a true changing of the guard as much as anyone here, but it's on us not to just take it, but rip it away.  We'll see what the coaching staff comes up with and if the players are ready to do what's needed physically and mentally to make it happen in a big spot.  There's nothing left to do but to do it.

Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.