11/25/21 Thanksgiving Gameday Bills at Saints Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

2 hours ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

“Get-right game”? Wasn’t the Jets supposed to be that? 

This is the most inconsistent and undisciplined team in football. You tell me whose fault that could be. 

Absurd take. Are you 6 years old? There’s a chair for you at the Kiddie Table.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Cantankeous said:

I mean, technically we are the most inconsistent team in football by DVOA. Something isn’t right. We gotta give benefit of the doubt to our guys to get it right down the stretch but certainly cause for criticism so far.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

Just now, Big C said:

I mean, technically we are the most inconsistent team in football by DVOA. Something isn’t right. We gotta give benefit of the doubt to our guys to get it right down the stretch but certainly cause for criticism so far.

No team is invincible. Every team has ridiculous losses. We actually have less than most.

Just now, TheProcess said:

Hopefully we don’t Willie Parker him. 

Idk what to do. I’m playing the guy with Ingram and I picked up ToJo so he couldn’t get him. But then he picked up Breida and now I feel like I should have just let him have ToJo. I don’t really think he is a guy who’s gonna run us over but Breida could actually put up points with Moss out.

5 minutes ago, Cantankeous said:

why? What’s absurd about it. We are the most penalized team and most inconsistent. 

try responding with something other than insults. 

3 minutes ago, Cantankeous said:

No team is invincible. Every team has ridiculous losses. We actually have less than most.

You’re right, we are disciplined and consistent. You convinced me with your attempted insults. 

• Haha (+1) 1

https://twitter.com/salsports/status/1463976084731482117?s=21

9 minutes ago, Big C said:

Idk what to do. I’m playing the guy with Ingram and I picked up ToJo so he couldn’t get him. But then he picked up Breida and now I feel like I should have just let him have ToJo. I don’t really think he is a guy who’s gonna run us over but Breida could actually put up points with Moss out.

Moss is out? 

Edit: just saw he’s inactive 

37 minutes ago, balln said:

no. watch tampa. brady still hitting guys on the run with 2 deep shell zone. Even still allen ball placement isnt 

Tampa has a different makeup and offense than we have. They have a credible run game to get teams out of the 2 deep shell zone. They also have big strong receivers to test the 2 high with underneath routes for run after catch. Add in the line that gives Brady time for the deeper routes to develop and allow the crossers to come free and yeah, that would be great. But we don't have that offense. We have quick route running good hands receivers who have to find soft spots in the zone because our line doesn't hold up long enough for those plays. We can't run teams out of the deep cover two either.  Not making excuses, but the makeup of this team is different than Tampa. We are more like KC and look what's happening to them with a better run game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bob in STL said:

I hope they play the younger DE's like Rousseau and Epenesa much more.  It is week 12, time to give the youth a chance to step up.   

They’ve elevated Ankou from the PS and at 325, he’s a legitimate fatty.

Be a tree stump Ankou.  Don’t budge.

4 minutes ago, balln said:

gotta figure harry is inactive as he looked horrific against colts. if butler inactive then you know McD is sending a message about performance. I guess he already has w moss news. Pretty funny espn has moss demoted on depth chart already

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/depth/_/name/buf

Agree, Harry and Butler both played horribly against Indy.  

Harry, for as strong as he is, has never been an overly physical/violent player.  Neither is Butler.  Need an aggressive 1 tech to step up with Star out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, balln said:

gotta figure harry is inactive as he looked horrific against colts. if butler inactive then you know McD is sending a message about performance. I guess he already has w moss news. Pretty funny espn has moss demoted on depth chart already

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/depth/_/name/buf

If Phillips is inactive that means Oliver is playing the 1- tech and that's no good

Just now, MasterStrategist said:

Agree, Harry and Butler both played horribly against Indy.  

Harry, for as strong as he is, has never been an overly physical/violent player.  Neither is Butler.  Need an aggressive 1 tech to step up with Star out.

That is the #1 need this off season. Then add 2 or 3 OL

21 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

I hope they play the younger DE's like Rousseau and Epenesa much more.  It is week 12, time to give the youth a chance to step up.   

Agree.  We also haven't seen many snaps from Groot at DT, in pass rush situations, as he was often used at Miami.  

Whatever it takes, this dline needs to step up and play much better.

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

If Phillips is inactive that means Oliver is playing the 1- tech and that's no good

That is the #1 need this off season. Then add 2 or 3 OL

Agree on offseason needs.  Beane needs to retool from inside out (colts mantra).

If Harry is inactive, I'd expect Butler to start at the 1 tech (like last yr) and rotating with Ankou.  

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

100%. I hate to sink resources into that position but we probably gotta pay a free agent or move up in the 2nd round to get the right player.

i hated the singeltary pick. liked the moss pick - he was unstoppable in pac-12. but neither are starting NFL backs. they are 3rd string depth. 

BUT they 100% are culture guys and can block.

McD and beane need to get off the culture / nice guy train. Get some freaking players. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.