OBJ drama in Cleveland

YoloinOhio

Just now, BuffaloBill said:

So true - i really hate it for their fan base.

Please no….

Diggs, Beasley, Sanders, Obj is the best wr corp in the league.

Mayfield cant hit OBJ.  He is open every game for 50 plus yards and Baker doesnt look or cant make the throw.  Not a step but yards of separation.

Allen has no problem getting him the ball.  The offense becomes more dynamic and nearly unstoppable.  They are favorites in the AFC, Allen is favored in the MVP.  Now is the year to go. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, GaryPinC said:

For like a game or two at most until the next inevitable injury occurs.  No thanks, way too injury prone.

Put him in a vacuumed sealed bag.  Put him in the freezer and pull him out in January. Like Sammy Watkins in KC.  Not much during the season.  Had a few big games in their playoff runs.  This isnt to beat the Jags, Jets, Patriots.  Its to win the Superbowl vs a team thats just as good.  

I was not a Mayfield believer before the Draft and I've actually founds ways to dislike him more since then....although, most of my "dislike" before the Draft was football related, since then his personality has just rubbed me the wrong way. It's his arrogance and sense of entitlement that drive nuts when I've listened to him and to be fair, I stopped really listening after his Rookie year so maybe he's changed. Regardless, OBJ has his own arrogance and put that in the same room with Mayfield and it doesn't seem like a marriage made in heaven...

2 hours ago, corta765 said:

Yep. Listened last night to Freddie & Fitzsimmonds on ESPN they talked about this. Funny 3 years ago I was jealous we didnt' get OBJ. Now I am thinking we dodged a bullet and yea CLE should get Cooks he would be a much better fit and teammate.

It's wild the best WR of the draft in 2014 was Davante Adams in the 2nd round and Mike Evans who was the 2nd WR taken (and who I wanted the Bills to take). That 2014 WR draft was insane talent wise.

Are you seriously comparing the athletic ability of Odell Beckham Jr to Mike Evans?  That's absurd.  If Mike Evans were on the Bills he would probably not even start.  Gabe Davis has more upside.  Guy has marginal hands, and is slow of foot.  Doesn't suck but not overly athletic.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

55 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Browns are another team I was wrong about and given their upcoming schedule it's hard to see more than a few wins the rest of the way based on how they are playing today specifically at the QB position.

I wouldn't say you or others were wrong as much as unfilled potential and the reality of playing tough games regularly. I wasn't as high on CLE yet because until you win your division and earn that grind you haven't made it yet as an org. Making the playoffs is good but it also then gives you a playoff level of opponents and with that division its no joke. CLE is not a bad football team but injuries, poor luck, and shakier QB play is really damaging their chances. That said they still have a lot of games coming up in division they won last year that can get them in. The biggest problem from them is CIN taking such a step forward with Burrow emerging as a true young star and PIT not falling down and instead being competitive. 

I thought Cle would be our biggest threat coming into the season. 

OBJ has been pretty bad but Baker has been horrible.  With that running game too. Imagine Josh with Chubb n Hunt. Our O would literally be unstoppable!

I don't think Baker will ever be more than a decent QB. Not great or elite. 

1 minute ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Are you seriously comparing the athletic ability of Odell Beckham Jr to Mike Evans?  That's absurd.  If Mike Evans were on the Bills he would probably not even start.  Gabe Davis has more upside.  Guy has marginal hands, and is slow of foot.  Doesn't suck but not overly athletic.  

Mike Evans since entering the league has 7 straight 1000 yards seasons (on pace for 8 ) while playing with Jamieis and other crap QB's until last year with Brady. He has averaged 76 catches, 1180 yards, and 8  TDs (nearly 9) a year while being a 3 time pro bowler and 2nd team all pro in a season. Bud there are a handful of guys in the league the last decade near that stat line and get this crap about Davis out of hear until he even goes two seasons back to back with 1000 yds. I could give two craps about athletic ability, the proof of there that Evans has been a far better and more productive receiver playing with lesser QB play until Brady then virtually every WR in his class minus Adams who is the best. Also right now Mike Evans would be leading the Bills WR corp in yards and td's so please stfu about this crap that he wouldn't even start on the Bills, he would straight up challenge Diggs as our number 1 guy.

• Agree 4

CLE should move him. True, they will not get anything in return close to what they’ve invested in him. But that’s looking backwards while trying to move forward. PIT cut bait on Brown, survived, and was better for it.

This is the Browns test to see if they’re in the same realm of franchise as PIT. Able to make the hard but necessary decisions. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, benderbender said:

CLE should move him. True, they will not get anything in return close to what they’ve invested in him. But that’s looking backwards while trying to move forward. PIT cut bait on Brown, survived, and was better for it.

This is the Browns test to see if they’re in the same realm of franchise as PIT. Able to make the hard but necessary decisions. 

no one wants him. 

well maybe Tom Brady. 
he’s always looking for the next scapegoat 

😆 

if we can't get OG (which i really don't see happening in a way where the player gets integrated quickly) or pass rusher, i'd take OBJ if the deal was right.  he's a clown but has huge talent and that would be an insane WR corps to recon with.

20 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

He's always been a decent WR, but not quite as elite as the media hyped him up to be. I've never seen a player getter hyped up so such a degree, literally because of one catch. 

And, as if anybody needs to be reminded-- that one catch was from Eli Manning back in 2015.

He looked good with a borderline elite qb in his prime. With an average short guy, not so much. 

17 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

I am not sure he is even the 3rd best QB in that division.

There is something to be said for Big Ben understanding what throws not to make and good decision making. Baker isn't even ahead of him there.

22 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

We arguably took the least talented guy in that draft.

Figures we eventually had Kelvin Benjamin too 🙄

I liked Sammy though. Shocked he didn't have a better post-Bills career.

Edited by FormerlyPT5P
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.