Bills 17.5 pt favorites vs the Texans

Process

When is the last time the Bills were this big of favorites? And if you want to bet the Bills it's probably best to do it early because I could see the line moving. 

It's a huge spread (I would never bet an NFL spread this big), but this just seems like a game where we absolutely dominate. Flukey things can always happen (they run a screen play and it goes 70 yds bc our MLB is getting blocked by a WR down the sidelines), but it feels like a 42-7 type game to me. Having a hard time seeing how they score. 

Edit.. here's the answer to my question. Guess it hasn't been that long. 

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Shocked 3

Just now, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Id stay away (if your a betting person.)  These huge spreads rarely work out in the favorites….ummm….favor. Not saying Bills lose but, I stay away from these. 

I mean that's basically how they're designed.

2 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

That line feels crazy.  You never see that.

I mean they've basically got a QB3 and they're best player on defense also left this offseason they're a mess.

9 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Hoping Josh Allen doesn’t keep regressing. 

If today was Allen regressing, I'll gladly accept him being a full blown bust.

I think next week is going to be a game of "how close to +100 can we get our season point differential".  Looking forward to seeing Mitch get 3rd quarter playing time since I don't fear (has to look up name of Houston's 3rd string QB).

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I mean, a few years ago they Vikings got a HUGE point spread, at home against a rookie QB, but that fella jumped to action and pulled an upset. Allen something or other. Wonder what he's up to these days?

That rookie QB was a first round pick and an athletic freak. He was also playing vs Kirk Cousins.

Not hating on Kirk, but he is not someone who should be favored by that much, EVER. 

Very simple stat that I followed to see if was true many years ago. Pick the team you think will win the game and 80% of the time they cover. I followed all NFL scores for 2 years and it's true. Trick is picking the team that wins and 20% of the time this method doesn't work even if they win. Having said that... I would not pick the Bills with this spread. 

34 minutes ago, Process said:

When is the last time the Bills were this big of favorites? And if you want to bet the Bills it's probably best to do it early because I could see the line moving. 

It's a huge spread (I would never bet an NFL spread this big), but this just seems like a game where we absolutely dominate. Flukey things can always happen (they run a screen play and our MLB is caught getting blocked by a WR down the sidelines), but it feels like a 42-7 type game to me. Having a hard time seeing how they score. 

Forget the Bills...when was the last time any team was that huge of a favorite??

I think Trubisky gets quite a bit of game action next week...

53 minutes ago, Process said:

It's a huge spread (I would never bet an NFL spread this big), but this just seems like a game where we absolutely dominate. Flukey things can always happen (they run a screen play and our MLB is caught getting blocked by a WR down the sidelines), but it feels like a 42-7 type game to me. Having a hard time seeing how they score. 

Edit.. here's the answer to my question. Guess it hasn't been that long. 

If Josh goes off again may have to keep the Never Allen’s on here from sharp objects or the medicine cabinet 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Beast said:

They could be winning 31-7 late in the game and a meaningless TD at the end could cover. That's an extremely high line for an NFL game.

If the Bills are up 31-17 late in the fourth quarter, I hope Allen is planted firmly on the bench, and Trubisky is getting some snaps.  Covering a spread like that is no reason to leave Allen exposed.  Not that Houston has anyone who's a threat to Allen's well-being...but still.

4 minutes ago, Utah John said:

If the Bills are up 31-17 late in the fourth quarter, I hope Allen is planted firmly on the bench, and Trubisky is getting some snaps.  Covering a spread like that is no reason to leave Allen exposed.  Not that Houston has anyone who's a threat to Allen's well-being...but still.

I think the Bills cover even if Mitch played the entire game.

• Like (+1) 2