Around the League Training Camp Thread

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Some Bills fans are becoming everything they hated Pats fans for being. 

I think winning attracts a lot of new fans who can really have their heads up their asses. Not to say they're all new fans but I've seen it with the chiefs,  a lot of the most obnoxious ones are guys who started following them when mahomes became a star and they won a super bowl. 

Most fans who have been through the bad times know not to get too cocky because they're just thankful to have some wins. I do like to laugh at jets fans though

• Like (+1) 3

Good, never like to hear our opponents are doing well, 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, nbbillsfan said:

When did I say he didn’t put effort into his craft? What a ridiculous lack of reading comprehension.

You don’t get to be a 1st round pick without puting in effort. Josh Rosen put effort into his craft, but was entitled, and busted. There is a huge difference between working at your craft and being obsessed with it (a la Brady, Rodgers and even our josh).

so explain to me what you meant by entitled, obviously i misunderstood your meaning.  Usually those truly entitled feel a need to be deserving, those type of people generally wouldn't put in the effort.

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

He’s only been in practice about a week… I wouldn’t get too worked up about this.  

I don’t necessarily think he’s that good to begin with, but him struggling early in camp isn’t why. 

here’s how it’s gonna go.  His two best games of the regular season will likely be against us…..….

…. but we’ll sweep them anyways.

43 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

the Bills Mafia facebook page is insufferable sometimes.

OMG SOMEONE DIDNT RESPOND TO MAH “GO BILL’S” IN THE GROCERY STORE WITH A “GO BILL’S”!!!!!!!

The Jets went into this with Zach Wilson penciled in as the starter.  He is struggling so they signed Josh Johnson a couple of days ago.

It's going to be interesting to see how the summer progresses.  My guess even if Wilson isn't ready they throw him to the lions.

1 hour ago, syhuang said:

Nah, according to Jets board, it’s due to Wilson practiced against minimum top 5 defense and soon to be top 3 defense in the league. 😀

No kidding they (BYU) played the most cupcake schedule I’ve ever seen a D1 team play.

They played North Alabama. North Alabama!

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He looks like he would be in “High School Musical” more than an NFL QB.

Royale, he’s a Jet a Jet and never belong …

Ok Donuts made me do it.  Don’t listen to more than 15 seconds or you’ll get that thing in you’re throat.

Poor kid, neva had a chance.

14 minutes ago, klos63 said:

so explain to me what you meant by entitled, obviously i misunderstood your meaning.  Usually those truly entitled feel a need to be deserving, those type of people generally wouldn't put in the effort.

I gave you an example, Rosen. There are countless others. Wilson strikes me as someone who expects to be good, as if his draft status and skill level is enough.

I don’t think he has that chip on his shoulder, obsessed with greatness, attitude that the greats tend to have. 

• Agree 2

🤦‍♂️
what is going on?!?!

You would think over enough time…fans and media would get smarter and the extreme hyperbolic nature of discussion players would subsided.

NOPE!

Instead it’s just the opposite.

Up until yesterday Joe Burrows was done.  Until yesterday when he was unconscious apparently at practice (which is also too hyperbolic).

But alas…the media keeps serving it up and the audiences keep willingly opening their mouths and swallowing hard.

🤦‍♂️

12 minutes ago, McBean said:

No kidding they (BYU) played the most cupcake schedule I’ve ever seen a D1 team play.

They played North Alabama. North Alabama!

I didn’t even know there was a North in Alabama!

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

That seems insane though the Bills didn't start off much better with Allen.

Yes, they actually thought McCarron could play at least a half season and were wrong.

Jets went into the draft with no QBs at all.

Bills were lucky that Josh handled it pretty well.  We will see how Wilson does.

The Jets are just a very poorly run franchise….there where no special traits about Zach Wilson that said man that’s the second pick in the draft Wilson hasn’t even gotten into live fire against the best defensive minds in the game yet and their already worried about him and if they made the right pick…add to that Saleh is a rookie head coach with a rookie qb that usually doesn’t work out to well 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
Missed a word
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, nbbillsfan said:

I gave you an example, Rosen. There are countless others. Wilson strikes me as someone who expects to be good, as if his draft status and skill level is enough.

I don’t think he has that chip on his shoulder, obsessed with greatness, attitude that the greats tend to have. 

Such BS. I think you're just making stuff up with nothing to back it up. You don't think he's putting in the effort?

Edited by klos63

7 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The Jets are just a very poorly run franchise….there where no special traits about Zach Wilson that said man that’s the second pick in the draft Wilson hasn’t even gotten into live fire against the best defensive minds in the game yet and their already worried about him and if they made the right pick…add to that Saleh is a rookie head coach with a rookie qb that usually doesn’t work out to well 

But even if they go 5-12 

that is vast improvement from 2020.

so…Jets need to:

1.) Temper expectations in the era of Hyperbolic Fanaticism.

2.) Show improvement on the field

3.) control the message as to what “Improvement” is.  Is it going from 2-14 to 11-5?  No.  But is maybe scoring 350 points? Going from 2-14 to 6-11? Looking competent even in loses? 

yes those are all achievable and should be their goal.

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Maybe they are like the ones on this board who change jerseys on a regular basis.

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

here’s how it’s gonna go.  His two best games of the regular season will likely be against us…..….

…. but we’ll sweep them anyways.

the Bills Mafia facebook page is insufferable sometimes.

OMG SOMEONE DIDNT RESPOND TO MAH “GO BILL’S” IN THE GROCERY STORE WITH A “GO BILL’S”!!!!!!!

Maybe they thought the person was a Bill Gates fan a was talking about Bill's computer company M$ and was a Lin*x fan.

Rivalry between M$ users and Lin*x users is greater than all AFCE rivalries.

Edited by Limeaid
  • Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Such BS. I think you're just making stuff up with nothing to back it up. You don't think he's putting in the effort?

I’m not going to continue to repeat myself. I think he is putting in effort - I don’t think he is jamarcus Russell. But, I don’t think he has that “it” Factor that  drives guys to be elite. Very few do (I don’t). I don’t know the guy, but one of my groomsmen was on the BYU football team with him. I’m not stating that it is a fact he will bust, just the vibe I get, so you can relax.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, nbbillsfan said:

They all have confidence, arrogance & to some degree a sense of entitlement.  When the QBs were drafted in 2018 both Joshs said some pretty arrogant things after they were drafted.  Nobody said "I shouldn't have been a top 10 pick" .

Our Josh said this: " I want to say thank you to the Bills organization for making the leap and putting their faith in me, I'm going to make them look like they're the smartest people out there."

Rosen said " There were 9 mistakes made ahead of me.  I will make sure over the next decade or so that they will know they made a mistake."

Basically they said the same thing,  that each thought he was the best QB in the draft.  Josh Allen said it a little different showing a little more humility, but he really didn't say anything much different than Rosen did.  Rosen just didn't know how to say it in a humble manner & came off as an entitled jerk, but a jerk who was going to work hard to prove everyone who picked ahead of him wrong.  If Rosen had performed like Allen, nobody would be on is case for what he said.  Since Rosen was a disaster, his words make him look foolish.   

52 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

They all have confidence, arrogance & to some degree a sense of entitlement.  When the QBs were drafted in 2018 both Joshs said some pretty arrogant things after they were drafted.  Nobody said "I shouldn't have been a top 10 pick" .

Our Josh said this: " I want to say thank you to the Bills organization for making the leap and putting their faith in me, I'm going to make them look like they're the smartest people out there."

Rosen said " There were 9 mistakes made ahead of me.  I will make sure over the next decade or so that they will know they made a mistake."

Basically they said the same thing,  that each thought he was the best QB in the draft.  Josh Allen said it a little different showing a little more humility, but he really didn't say anything much different than Rosen did.  Rosen just didn't know how to say it in a humble manner & came off as an entitled jerk, but a jerk who was going to work hard to prove everyone who picked ahead of him wrong.  If Rosen had performed like Allen, nobody would be on is case for what he said.  Since Rosen was a disaster, his words make him look foolish.   

I mean to be fair it is a different mindset Josh has said it before he's not out there to prove other people wrong he's out there to prove himself right.

• Agree 1

I’m not going to continue to repeat myself. I think he is putting in effort - I don’t think he is jamarcus Russell. But, I don’t think he has that “it” Factor that  drives guys to be elite. Very few do (I don’t). I don’t know the guy, but one of my groomsmen was on the BYU football team with him. I’m not stating that it is a fact he will bust, just the vibe I get, so you can relax.

So what does your groomsman have to say about him?

2 hours ago, nbbillsfan said:

I agree… many have the talent to get this far. Fewer have the mindset to focus on constantly improving and dedicated to winning, and the ability to be a leader of men. Young QBs who I observe that have this - Allen, Burrow, Mahomes. Haven’t seen yet: Darnold, Herbert 

Up and down: Mayfield, Lamar 

simply my own opinion going back to college. I won’t include this year’s rookies because I haven’t seen them lead an NFL team yet. 

26 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So what does your groomsman have to say about him?

That he was very talented and a gamer, but that he was not sure he was football 24/7. He said he was not sure he would  take the challenges/failures that will may come at the next level and use them as fire to get better. That if he came into the NFL and lit in on fire, then he will flourish, but he stated he was skeptical that if the going go tough, that he would work even harder and get better.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, nbbillsfan said:

That he was very talented and a gamer, but that he was not sure he was football 24/7. He said he was not sure he would  take the challenges/failures that will may come at the next level and use them as fire to get better. That if he came into the NFL and lit in on fire, then he will flourish, but he stated he was skeptical that if the going go tough, that he would work even harder and get better.

He seems like a more wholesome Manzeil 

• Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, nbbillsfan said:

I really think I more athletic, less of a dick Rosen. Ironically, a louder Sam Darnold isn’t a bad one. Who knows though, he could be great.

Of course he could… just going on what little info I have of him and simple observation 

6 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

That draft night photo where he was looking at Rousseau like a cat in a dog pound said it all for me.

I'd love to see that pic again.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So what are you a college student? Your groomsmen just played football at BYU with Zack Wilson? 

Edited by Buffalo716

11 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

So what are you a college student? Your groomsmen just played football at BYU with Zack Wilson? 

Yes he did. my groomsmen was 4 year younger than me, he was my Nextdoor neighbor growing up. I graduated college in 2016.

Edited by nbbillsfan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I disagree.

If you watch both responses, you can easily see the humility come through from Josh Allen, while Josh Rosen came across as a self-entitled arrogant prick.  It was a true eye opener for me, and I knew instantly that Beane picked the "right Josh".

Speaking of around the league training camps, reportedly Trey Lance is looking good.  Will be interesting to see if he's worth the 3-1sts they invested in him.  Makes what the Bills gave up for Josh (essentially Cordy Glenn and 2 mid-2nd rounders) a steal.